E-liquid recommendations

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by sdcii00, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sdcii00

sdcii00 New Member

Here we go. Another noob. As most of you, I started off trying a friend's disposables the first few times and it intrigued me. I ended up getting my own disposable Blu ecig and liked it but wanted more, as well as a more economical way to vape. I read around and then ordered some White Cloud Flings. I wasn't too impressed but liked the amount of vapor they produced. I did some more digging and ended up buying the Halo G6 kit with one manual and one automatic battery, the Halo E-liquid variety pack and a few mini clearomizer tanks. As a starter, I really enjoy using my Halo G6 but I'm not too keen on the flavors. I am a fan of the Tribeca, but the others (SubZero, Malibu, Kringle’s Curse, and Belgian Cocoa), aren't that great. They are tolerable but I want something I really like. I haven't tried the Turkish Tobacco yet but will soon :) I live in Shelby, NC where there isn't a vapor store. I hope to visit a store so I can get some one-on-one advise about some eliquids to try out. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated! Thanks guys!

2. kitty6

kitty6 Full Member

Welcome!

Strix Elixirs are pre steeped and ready to go out of the mailbox, inexpensive, and delicious (I love Blue Honey!), plus they have super quick shipping.

I recently discovered Mt Baker Vapor which is pretty popular around here, and they are also awesome, inexpensive, HUGE variety, and incredibly fast shipping.

Those are my two current favorites :)

3. dripdaze

dripdaze Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hello sdcii00! Welcome to ECF. If you like tobacco flavors, an RY4 flavored liquid might be something you would like. A lot of vendors have their own variety of RY4. A visit to a store with a tasting bar would definitely be a good thing for you.

4. drews0306

drews0306 Senior Member ECF Veteran

If you like tobacco flavors I would highly recommend Alien Visions Liquid. I am not crazy about banana flavor but I love to vape Gorilla juice by alien visions. Just the right amount of sweet and tobacco.

5. patkin

patkin Vaping Master ECF Veteran

6. stylemaster2001

stylemaster2001 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Howdy NC neighbor......glad to have you here. My advice to you would be, get your 5 posts in and go hang out in the E-liquid forum, I far more trust the word of experienced vapors over a salesclerk. I have learned SO much here and figured out sometimes a liquid has to steep, you cannot experience that in a shop. It would be inconsistent at best. I've found such wonderful flavors "online" that when my friends ask where to buy their juice, I say "the internet, duh".....welcome again!

7. sdcii00

sdcii00 New Member

Wow, you guys are awesome! I will definitely check out and most likely order some of these flavors you guys mentioned! Stylemaster, how do you steep the liquids? I have heard that sometimes they are inconsistent. Should I steep all liquids? Also, with my Halo mini tanks, what is the best way to clean them out so they are ready for a different flavor? I have just been running them under water for a while. Thanks again guys!

8. sdcii00

sdcii00 New Member

Stylemaster, how do you steep the liquids? I have heard that sometimes they are inconsistent. Should I steep all liquids?

9. brickfollett

brickfollett Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mount baker vapor is great juice and easy on the budget. I buy the 100% VG stuff because I can't vape PG, and dilute the juice myself with distilled water to the consistency I like it. I use quite a bit of distilled water so the juice probably goes from 12 mg/nic to something like 9 or so. Solar flare flavor was pretty crazy, french vanilla isn't very strong, but good, caramel candy is fantastic, Hawk sauce is good, gets a little old after a bit. I didn't like their rasberry lemonade, It dried my mouth. I think they had to use a good amount of PG to bring the flavor out.

I just got some Boba's bounty from Alien visions, its still steeping, we'll see how it is once I load it up

10. sdcii00

sdcii00 New Member

Thanks for your reply! Are you allergic to PG; is that why you can't vape it? I'll have to check some of those flavors out! I was wondering if you would be able to dilute the juice with distilled water, not that I need to, but good to know.

11. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I also think you'd probably like a RY4 liquid, since you liked Tribeca. My boyfried really likes Halo's Turkish. It kinda tastes like the way a cigarette smells before it's lit, if that makes sense. I'm not into tobacco flavors, but I liked it myself for a change from sweet flavors on occasion.

12. brickfollett

brickfollett Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I wouldn't say I'm allergic to it. I was okay with it when I first started, but after a while it started seriously drying my tongue and my throat to the point where it became debilitating. Like I couldn't sleep. The only thing I could do to temporarily help with it was to A. Drink water like a fish, B. Drink yellow gatorade and C. Suck on some cough drops. It still didn't help much.

I had a hard time figuring out what the deal was because a woman at one of the vape shops didn't know what she was talking about and told me that their juice was 80% VG. So I was under the impression that it was VG causing me all these issues. So I tried more PG juices and the issues continued. I went back to the shop and talked to a different guy and he told me that their juice was 80% PG. Mystery solved.

I tried Virgin vapor and while the flavor was fantastic, I didn't really care much for the price and the fact that they diluted their 100% VG with alcohol. Got some Mount Baker 100% VG, had some trouble with dry hits and attys/cartos gumming up (inherent with thick, syrupy VG juices) so I started diluting it myself and haven't had a problem since. Not much in the way of a throat hit, but if you get a nice build on a nice device, you can get a crazy amount of clouds coupled with the nicotine hit will get you a throat hit just fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.