Halo mini-tank vs. triton tank flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novanex

Mar 17, 2014
KY, USA
I've been vaping with the halo g6 with the mini tanks for about a month now. I decided to try the Triton last week. I ordered a 900 mah and to be honest, I think the mini-tank provides better flavor; mostly on the exhale. I'm not sure why. it's got nothing to do with the batteries. The triton battery rocks. but the mini tank brings out the favor better even when using it in combination with the triton battery.

Has anyone else experienced this? I'm mostly vaping Malibu, with a little Kringle's curse and Tribeca here and there.

Thanks!

misohoni

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2014
Sunnyvale, Sydney Australia
I had a couple triton set ups, Mini's & a g6, I was happy with the flavor I got from the triton tank not so much with the mini tank - I was getting a plastic flavor from all of them, Wasn't too happy about my triton tanks leaking from where the bottom base ring meets the tank, 3 out of 5 leaked first time I used them - Maybe just my luck?

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
You want great flavor? Go get some prepunched 808 cartomizers and build a cartotank for it.

Halo's batteries don't seem to accept any sort of ego styled tank besides their own. I own a Triton starter-kit and I have tried Kanger ego threaded tanks with them and it doesn't work. I would imagine that any sort of custom cartotank would not work with a Triton. That is why I purchased a Vision Spinner instead. I was sick of having to use Halo's stuff and not being able to use anything else. Especially not having a 510 threading was the worst!!

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
The Triton Tanks use a standard resistance of 2.2 ohms for the tanks, unless you purchase the coils separately with lower/higher resistance, while the mini-tanks are 1.6 ohm or thereabouts. They burn a bit hotter on the Triton batteries than the Triton tanks, and when I used the Triton, I found the minitanks were great for trying out new flavors. They just didn't hold enough liquid for me, and the Triton Tanks do work well enough.

Use what works best for you.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Halo's batteries don't seem to accept any sort of ego styled tank besides their own.

Halo uses KR808-D1 threading.

So yes, your 510 threaded ego stuff isn't going to work. That's why I said to get 808 threaded cartomizers. You do know that the vast majority of cigalike carts are still 808 threaded, right? They're really easy to find, and it's a whole lot easier than buying a new battery and charger just to use the exact same thing with 510 threading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread