Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Is there anything I can do from far-away California to get more countries to meet whatever goal? You need X contries with Y signatures each and also a total of 1 million? I'm willing to let any national EFVI intiative that doesn't want to use a Dodo to use Peter the ANTZeater: Introducing Peter the Antzeater | Gratitude. Grr! Attitude!

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
Just read the EU is about to ban vacuum cleaners. Seriously! What hope is there for e-cigs??? I want out.
As a green activist I have to respond to this. For years, vacuum cleaner manufacturers have been deliberately making vacuum cleaners higher wattage, without that additional power going to suction, in order to put a bigger number on the box. Most of the vacuum cleaners that people use that are over the limit, with a minor adjustment to the efficiency of the motor within existing limits will suck equally well for fewer watts. It's better for everyone. We need to start taking these steps to reduce environmental impact.

Jarmstro

Jul 15, 2014
Torquay, England
As a green activist I have to respond to this. For years, vacuum cleaner manufacturers have been deliberately making vacuum cleaners higher wattage, without that additional power going to suction, in order to put a bigger number on the box. Most of the vacuum cleaners that people use that are over the limit, with a minor adjustment to the efficiency of the motor within existing limits will suck equally well for fewer watts. It's better for everyone. We need to start taking these steps to reduce environmental impact.

I have to say that whilst I respect your views I sit on the other side of the fence to you and do not buy into the global warming/green/doom industry at all. Especially when it comes to vaping where it is all too easy to be very hypocritical. There's nothing very "green" about the manufacture of Lithium batteries, plastic O rings and propolyne glycol etc methinks!!! And it seems to me that most people who preach about green issues are just as eager to enjoy the benefits of oil and technology as the rest of us. Electricity for instance is easy and cheap to produce but it's cost in the UK has gone through the roof purely through the efforts of so called environmentalists whom I suspect in reality don't like high bills dropping through their letter boxes any more than I do.

If what you say is correct however rather than ban something simply ensure it is labelled correctly so that the consumer can decide what he buys through informed choice. I may like a big motor in my vacuum cleaner even if it doesn't suck to its full potential and I don't like some interfering beaurocrat telling me I can't have one because I'm wasting 10 pence worth of electricity per year. Are you sure your computer, mobile or laptop is running the smallest greenest CPU so that you do not have any surplus wasted computing power? Nor do I want the same person to tell what I can or cannot vape! My motorbike has an engine which produces vastly more power than I can ever use in the real world. I use it purely for pleasure and when pushed it returns barely 30mpg. I love it but I dare say there are those who would like to deny me this simple pleasure!!

Cheers
John Armstrong

Last edited:

SPACKlick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2014
Durham, UK
Electricity for instance is easy and cheap to produce but it's cost in the UK has gone through the roof purely through the efforts of so called environmentalists whom I suspect in reality don't like high bills dropping through their letter boxes any more than I do.

One more reply and then I swear no more derailing on this front but, Electricity is not cheap to produce, it's just that the bulk of the cost falls to people in general rather than consumers or producers through environmental effects of production. The taxes the government levvies on carbon release, in theory, go towards the cost of mitigating the damage and incentivise the Electricity companies to find lower Carbon release ways of producing the electricity. It's the onyl way to make the change is to factor in all the costs to the producer. Of course I enjoy the benefits of electricity, Electricity is awesome and I wouldn't have the life I do without it. But nobody should be saying being environmental is easier, or more fun, or directly better for you, what it is is better for is other people who live on the planet now and in the near future. Ultimately we need to change the way we manufacture electricity but the lag time on that means we need temporary steps now.

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
Wish i was eligble to sign the EFVI, but happy that im not an EU citizen. But Norways ETA isnt much better.
Then back to topic. Sweden, how come you have only signed 733 persons online, like 4,87% of what you need. That IS bad- In Norway we have NDS (Norsk Dampselskap/ Norwegian Vape Community) and we are close to 3000 members there and 6000 in the facebook group. All who would have signed the petition if we where allowed to.
Come EU ramp it up. I even get to sign in to CASAA :)

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
With the end of this petition just a few days away, is it even possible to reach that threshold anymore? What are our options?

No, it's not and, in reality, it was probably never possible.

It was worth a try, though, and the people that were involved have done a great job.

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
No, it's not and, in reality, it was probably never possible.

It was worth a try, though, and the people that were involved have done a great job.

Yes, they realy have. They should be aplaused and apriciate highly. But the average EU vaper, who didn`t care to sign, should be embarased of them selfe. So lazy And disrespectfully to those who arranged and worked hard for this. Exuse my weak English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread