EU EFVI - European Free Vaping Initiative

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schlurchi

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Bielefeld, Germany
EFVI has reached 100.000 supporters.
This is far more than all online petitions last year together.
But it is still not enough, remember, we need 1.000.000 supporters.

So sign EFVI, the European Citizens Initiative now,
and if you already have signed help spread it around,
ask you friends, uncles, aunts, collegues...

EFVI: the European Free Vaping Initiative

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
This topic should be pinned in the newbie section IMO.
As CASAA is pinned.
It'll reach out way more than this forum that is located way down. At most i've seen 10 viewers in this sub section. Were as new member section always got 200+.

Any possibility for that, moderator/admin?

Edit:
I've forwarded this suggestion to admin, he liked the idea of it. But it's up to the forum manager so i've sent in a request. :)

As i see it, we would benefit way more if this would be visible at the new member & general forums. Just as the Casaa is.
This is issue is just as important as it is for non EU members. Let's pray it'll get pinned down at the other section so it'll be more visible. :)

And we're now pinned.
Thanks!

VapeMeStoopid

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
USUK
Hi Anja! I have asked the EVFI-UK team to head over here too to start posting stats and updates. We really need to get more people behind this and in a few days I will be presenting another social media drive to help get more sigs to EFVI... it will require a lot of help and sharing to get it past the 843,000 social reach it had last time :)

We can do this if we put our heads together!

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
@GeMan: lovely :thumb:

Now, dears:
If you live in Europe -and if you do not want your healthier alternative to smoking restricted, abolished, banned - then please

sign EFVI, the European Citizens Initiative now,
and if you already have signed help spread it around,
ask you friends, uncles, aunts, colleagues...

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
And now - courtesy of a European vaper friend on Facebook - I am happy to present a nice picture :D

Sign the European Free vaping Initiative - and extend your middle finger to these .. uhm... lovely ladies :)

Attachments

• ! lips that touch nicotine.jpg
    ! lips that touch nicotine.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 29

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Question: How many countries in the EU are 1. slow coming off the block in the signature race 2. Short on resources 3. Less likely than the UK and Spain to be on vaping forums and 4. Still need a mascot (their equivalent of Dodo?)

Can we start a fund to create mascot-jars or whatever to collect signatures in those countries? My family left Europe 300 years ago but I still like you guys and I'd like to see the British attitude towards vaping spread.

Also, what does it take to break with WHO? Can we ask the Red Cross/Red Crescent to take over their duties and their actual intelligent dedicated people, leaving the head of WHO...body-less? I think the U.S. didn't sign a treaty with them but I just read that their Tobacco committee is made up of Glantz trainees.

Hattivatti

Jun 1, 2014
Finland
The business model between EU countries varies: some has lot's of B&M stores and some countries have a few. This is because nicotine containing liquid sales has been banned in some countries and therefore B&M is not the best business model. The DODO boxes works very well in B&M stores but non in on-line sales. My advice is on-line shops should add EFVI link to their front page and customer emails to raise averseness of this initiative.

Finland gained the lead by attaching flyers into every order from major e-cig vendors orders.

Anjaffm

Dragon Lady
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Germany
And now - courtesy of a European vaper friend on Facebook - I am happy to present a nice picture :D

Sign the European Free Vaping Initiative - and extend your middle finger to these .. uhm... lovely ladies :)

How about it, dears? Stick out a middle finger to these lovely ladies?

And - anybody anywhere can join and promote this thunderclap (until 1 August) 1000000-to-help-save-e-cigs-round-2/

@Berylanna:
I am not sure. Contacting somebody who may be able to reply correctly.
Thank you very much for your offer to help, hun :wub:

Attachments

• ! lips that touch nicotine.jpg
    ! lips that touch nicotine.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Question: How many countries in the EU are 1. slow coming off the block in the signature race 2. Short on resources 3. Less likely than the UK and Spain to be on vaping forums and 4. Still need a mascot (their equivalent of Dodo?)

Can we start a fund to create mascot-jars or whatever to collect signatures in those countries? My family left Europe 300 years ago but I still like you guys and I'd like to see the British attitude towards vaping spread.

Also, what does it take to break with WHO? Can we ask the Red Cross/Red Crescent to take over their duties and their actual intelligent dedicated people, leaving the head of WHO...body-less? I think the U.S. didn't sign a treaty with them but I just read that their Tobacco committee is made up of Glantz trainees.

I will have a stab at your great questions

Slow out of the blocks - some like Finland,Germany,France,Hungary,Denmark were very quick out of the blocks in total contrast to Spain + the UK . I can say that the UK had achieved well less than 2000 signatures by the end of Feb - and two things happened simultaneously the Vaping TV programme VTTV featuring Dave Dorn interviewing ECITA head Katherine Devlin had a huge sequence devoted to Efvi ALSO UK forums started to support Efvi in a more positive manner. The next key moment was the box scheme in early April . Spain from memory was even later in getting organised but 50 highly motivated activists have transformed their efforts from maybe the end of March to now their position as #1
Some other countries which I shall NOT highlight have never really got started with the campaign in earnest - efforts have been made to contact + help them in whatever way possible

Short on Resources - Yes indeed . Again answering from a UK pov we organised an appeal raising £2000 in 3-4 days to fund further boxes .Germany did a similar appeal a little earlier that also proved to be effective to help to finance their box collection scheme . Others ...dunno don't think they did anything similar . Could we use more money - definitely eg in the UK we would like to ALSO do street collecting + require the necessary equipment like badges,tee shirts,caps etc etc . Volunteers have already spent a lot of money on postage on the box scheme distribution as an example

3 No expert on other forums in the member states other than knowing they exist . As Hattivatti would say from Finland - I believe they have 2 main forums which are both very supportive of Efvi , this along with very supportive vendors seemed to be the key to Finland success , the vaping numbers in the various countries obviously would dictate how many would be on a forum or how many forums -this would be why Germany,France,UK would have a greater # of forum users

4 Mascot - At the time the Dodo was introduced personally I didn't think important - now though definitely my view has changed I think the cute little box with a very distinctive mascot has played a very significant role in the UK success. Any subsequent collection schemes involving signatures or even cash should definitely consider a "brand" that includes a logo

WHO .......aggghhh

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread