ego c leaking problems..help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee12

Jul 9, 2015
Hi
I've just bought my first ego-C starter kit from bestecig.com last week along with a 5X atomizers and the RY-4 e-liquid.
The vaping part is okay, but it seems that the liquid is leaking... a lot from the middle part of the ecig body. The liquid is seeming out from the two small airholes in the middle of the body and I don't know what the problem is.

I've tried changing the atomizers, but that only temporarily stops the leaking..(half a day or so) and it starts to leak like crazy again until the all of the liquid is emptied.
I haven't tried changing the cartridge yet, but I'm pretty sure something is very wrong here.
Also, I haven't received a mouthpiece cover like the set on the website says it includes

I have also posted a query on the bestecig.com's contact page, but a reply has not been posted yet.

Therefore, I would like to ask the users the following question(s):
1) What is the problem?
2) How can it be fixed?
3) Does it usually leak a lot if I carry it in my pocket, or in the small traveling kit case?
4) Is this a quality-related issue?

This is my first time changing from regular cigs to vaping, so I really want to get the best experience from this.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hi Lee,
Welcome to the boards. I checked on bestecig.com to see exactly which starter kit you've got. Am I correct in assuming that it is this one: eGo CE4 Starter Kit?

Those clearomizers are prone to a host of problems. It's an older technology, and I never did like them. The plastic tank parts always cracked on me, right where the threads are. But that doesn't seem to be the problem that you are having. It sounds like you are leaking out of the airholes. This is usually due to a few things.
1.) Very thin (High PG) juice wicks faster than higher VG juice. I don't know what ratio you are using, but I suggest 50/50 for that atomizer.
2.) Overfilling. Make sure that you get no juice down the center tube when refilling.
3.) Drawing too hard when using it. You'll want to take long, gentle pulls on your inhale.
4.) Laying it on it's side, or upside down. General rule is to keep your atomizers as upright at possible. That goes for pretty much all of them.
5.) Too warm. Leaving it in the car and such will cause the whole unit (and the juice in particular) to get warm. Warm juice is thinner juice, and thinner juice tends to leak.

You could also have an issue with the seal where the drip tip section screws in. The CE4 does not have replaceable coil heads, as far as I know. The CE5 does, I believe. If you have the CE5, then you'll also want to make sure that the coil head is snug, as well as all the other bits.

I hope this helps, but if not, I'm sure someone else will come along and correct all of my mistakes. ;)
Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to help you out.

Lee12

Jul 9, 2015
Hi Lee,
Welcome to the boards. I checked on bestecig.com to see exactly which starter kit you've got. Am I correct in assuming that it is this one: eGo CE4 Starter Kit?

Those clearomizers are prone to a host of problems. It's an older technology, and I never did like them. The plastic tank parts always cracked on me, right where the threads are. But that doesn't seem to be the problem that you are having. It sounds like you are leaking out of the airholes. This is usually due to a few things.
1.) Very thin (High PG) juice wicks faster than higher VG juice. I don't know what ratio you are using, but I suggest 50/50 for that atomizer.
2.) Overfilling. Make sure that you get no juice down the center tube when refilling.
3.) Drawing too hard when using it. You'll want to take long, gentle pulls on your inhale.
4.) Laying it on it's side, or upside down. General rule is to keep your atomizers as upright at possible. That goes for pretty much all of them.
5.) Too warm. Leaving it in the car and such will cause the whole unit (and the juice in particular) to get warm. Warm juice is thinner juice, and thinner juice tends to leak.

You could also have an issue with the seal where the drip tip section screws in. The CE4 does not have replaceable coil heads, as far as I know. The CE5 does, I believe. If you have the CE5, then you'll also want to make sure that the coil head is snug, as well as all the other bits.

I hope this helps, but if not, I'm sure someone else will come along and correct all of my mistakes. ;)
Let me know if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to help you out.

Hi Kaezziel,
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate the veteran advice.
Actually, this is my e-cig.
eGo-C e-cigarette changeable tank system trial kit with eGo case|Joye ego-c e-cig: eGo-C changeable tank electronic cigarette trial case packing kit
The ego-C (trial kit), but I also ordered extra atomizers, battery, and juice..so it's basically the entire starter kit.

I've previously mentioned that the airholes could be the place where the leak is happening, but it seems like the leaking location starts from between the cone and the atomizer base rather than the airholes (it drips downwards, so it looks like as if the liquid is coming out of the airholes)
Please refer to the photo I've posted, there's a drip of liquid in the middle.
I can't figure out if it's the atomizer problem, or if it's because I'm inhaling too much (as you mentioned above) at once. I'm a deep inhaler with regular cigs, so it's a habit of mine.
Also, it tends to drip a lot when I carry it in my travel case...to the point that there is no juice left after an hour or so...
Do you think this is a defect? or did I buy a really old tech. e-cig?

I would much appreciate further advice.

Attachments

• 20150710_015728.jpg
    20150710_015728.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 45

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
Hi Kaezziel,
eGo-C e-cigarette changeable tank system trial kit with eGo case|Joye ego-c e-cig: eGo-C changeable tank electronic cigarette trial case packing kit
The ego-C (trial kit), but I also ordered extra atomizers, battery, and juice..so it's basically the entire starter kit.

I've previously mentioned that the airholes could be the place where the leak is happening, but it seems like the leaking location starts from between the cone and the atomizer base rather than the airholes (it drips downwards, so it looks like as if the liquid is coming out of the airholes)
I can't figure out if it's the atomizer problem, or if it's because I'm inhaling too much (as you mentioned above) at once. I'm a deep inhaler with regular cigs, so it's a habit of mine.
Also, it tends to drip a lot when I carry it in my travel case...to the point that there is no juice left after an hour or so...

No problem, Lee. I've been vaping for around 6 years now, I've been through the progression of devices as they grew, and I completely understand the frustration that you are facing. It's difficult to make the switch from smoking to vaping, but I can attest that it can be done. We just need to get you sorted out on your equipment.
You don't have enough posts yet to put up functional links (that'll come after you've reached your first 5 posts (and you're at 2 now). But that's okay. From the looks of your picture I'd say that's a CE4 style atomizer. They are abundant, problematic, and fairly old tech. It's hard to say whether or not its a defective product, or if it's just a case of "it is what it is". The one atomizer that I like to recommend to newer users is the Aspire Nautilus Mini. They are fairly worry-free, and work very well. This one is also a bit older tech when compared to a lot of the newer units, but still a strong contender for use with your current battery. I don't like when my only advice is "get new gear", I prefer to be able to help you fix what you have, but there just isn't a lot that can be done with the CE's in my opinion. Another good thing about the Nautilus Mini is that it has a Pyrex tank. Certain juices can melt or crack the plastic tanks... (your RY4 shouldn't be one of them), but the Pyrex can handle any juice you throw at it.

You'll find that the further down the vape path you go, you'll want bigger and better things. You'll learn about battery safety, you'll learn about the newer variable voltage/variable wattage devices, the latest and greatest devices also have temperature control functions where you can set the temperature of your coils... if you're at all like me, you'll end up with hundreds of dollars of equipment, and you'll only use a handful of them on a regular basis. All of my current atomizers are designed so that you build your own coils... if that's something you'd be interested in, then you can learn anything you want to know here at ECF. But for now let's just focus on keeping you off of the cigarettes. I think the Aspire tank I linked to earlier will do that for you, and you don't have to immediately go out and buy new batteries.

Aside from the leaking issues, how are you doing with vaping? Is it working for you to curb your cravings?

Basic basics are the key in the beginning. Also if you click the link in my signature ("Bad's Awesome Blog") you will find a lot of helpful information. Baditude is a respected member here, and he has put together a lot of good info to help the newer vapers. I suggest giving it a read and then if you have any other questions, just ask. I'd be more than happy to help you out as I'm sure most of the members here would as well. ECF is a pretty friendly and helpful place with an abundance of knowledge and experience. I hope this helps you in some way.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
HI @Lee12. I am not as long a vaper as Kaezziel but I too have gone thru the steps. Honestly the "starter kit" you have is old technology. In just the 6 months I have vaped the change in technology is amazing. I started with a "starter kit" from a cigarette store and it didn't take me long to "graduate" because the starter kit was enough for me to know I wanted off the cigs "and it COULD work. Then I found ECF and grew as a vaper.

My advice is to upgrade. The game changer for me was the previously mentioned "Aspire Nautilus Mini". When I got that tank I knew I was off the cigs, it was my decisive change "KNOWING" I was off the cigs. But it really didn't shine until I got a mod (iStick) to really fine tune it in and get the most I could from my vape experience. The Nautilus was and is my most reliable, grab and go without worry tank. Rarely ever leaks and is low maintenance. Easy to swap out a coil.

I'd suggest the iStick 30 Watt. With the 30 watt, or any 30 watt you can grow again into dripping, coil building and sub ohms with only the purchase of a tank. It has a 2200 mah battery life before recharging and can be vaped as it recharges. Any mod/battery less than 30 watts will require a purchase of both a battery and a tank to grow into the aforementioned areas. Walk before you run, start with the Nautilus.

It really sucks throwing money away, or good money after bad, but as you can see in the pic below I went through it. The Nautilus is in the middle on the Variable Voltage Spinner 2 clone and the iStick 50 W on the right. Good luck in your vape journey.
My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

iStick 30 W
30W%20w%20Naut_zpspxou70ko.jpg

iStick 30 and 50 in hand (not mine)
50%2030%20hand_zpskw3m1pbq.jpg

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hi Kaezziel,
The ego-C (trial kit)
Hi Lee, I think some of the problem may be the strong inhaling. Is this what were talking about? eGo-C e-cigarette atomizer set, changeable eGo-C e-cig atomizer set If so, this might be helpful The Official Ego-C Leak Thread | E-Cigarette Forum

vaperjoe

Moved On
Jul 10, 2015
Is it the system in this video?
Atomizor go in the bottom of the cone, threaded it in, then the tank go into the cone from the top? If yes, I think the problem is the hardware. I bought a Ego-C like that last week on clearance sale, and had endless leaking problem. Reading old threads on the forum, it seems that is a know problematic system. Some users can make it work with lots of care, but I gave up on it.

Reactions: Vapingann

Lee12

Jul 9, 2015
Is it the system in this video?
Atomizor go in the bottom of the cone, threaded it in, then the tank go into the cone from the top? If yes, I think the problem is the hardware. I bought a Ego-C like that last week on clearance sale, and had endless leaking problem. Reading old threads on the forum, it seems that is a know problematic system. Some users can make it work with lots of care, but I gave up on it.

Yup that's one alright. I see..I was actually recommended this system by a friend who is successfully using this (so I didn't give it a second thought), but reading some other replies on this, I guess I'll have to change the system. Thanks.

Reactions: Vapingann

Lee12

Jul 9, 2015
HI @Lee12. I am not as long a vaper as Kaezziel but I too have gone thru the steps. Honestly the "starter kit" you have is old technology. In just the 6 months I have vaped the change in technology is amazing. I started with a "starter kit" from a cigarette store and it didn't take me long to "graduate" because the starter kit was enough for me to know I wanted off the cigs "and it COULD work. Then I found ECF and grew as a vaper.

My advice is to upgrade. The game changer for me was the previously mentioned "Aspire Nautilus Mini". When I got that tank I knew I was off the cigs, it was my decisive change "KNOWING" I was off the cigs. But it really didn't shine until I got a mod (iStick) to really fine tune it in and get the most I could from my vape experience. The Nautilus was and is my most reliable, grab and go without worry tank. Rarely ever leaks and is low maintenance. Easy to swap out a coil.

I'd suggest the iStick 30 Watt. With the 30 watt, or any 30 watt you can grow again into dripping, coil building and sub ohms with only the purchase of a tank. It has a 2200 mah battery life before recharging and can be vaped as it recharges. Any mod/battery less than 30 watts will require a purchase of both a battery and a tank to grow into the aforementioned areas. Walk before you run, start with the Nautilus.

It really sucks throwing money away, or good money after bad, but as you can see in the pic below I went through it. The Nautilus is in the middle on the Variable Voltage Spinner 2 clone and the iStick 50 W on the right. Good luck in your vape journey.

iStick 30 W

I see!
Thanks for the kind recommendation. I'll look into the product!

Lee12

Jul 9, 2015

iStick 30 W

Thanks, I'll look into the system. Appreciate your help!

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I had one of these that worked well, but some were prone to leaking or the opposite problem, dry hits.

You can try a thicker juice with more VG, that may help. Make sure everything is screwed together tightly, and try to take a long light draw instead of a deep inhale.

Also you can easily buy other atomizers to put on top that will still work with the battery you have. An EVOD or a Protank may work well. There are a lot of options.

Good luck!

Lee12

Jul 9, 2015
No problem, Lee. I've been vaping for around 6 years now, I've been through the progression of devices as they grew, and I completely understand the frustration that you are facing. It's difficult to make the switch from smoking to vaping, but I can attest that it can be done. We just need to get you sorted out on your equipment.
You don't have enough posts yet to put up functional links (that'll come after you've reached your first 5 posts (and you're at 2 now). But that's okay. From the looks of your picture I'd say that's a CE4 style atomizer. They are abundant, problematic, and fairly old tech. It's hard to say whether or not its a defective product, or if it's just a case of "it is what it is". The one atomizer that I like to recommend to newer users is the Aspire Nautilus Mini. They are fairly worry-free, and work very well. This one is also a bit older tech when compared to a lot of the newer units, but still a strong contender for use with your current battery. I don't like when my only advice is "get new gear", I prefer to be able to help you fix what you have, but there just isn't a lot that can be done with the CE's in my opinion. Another good thing about the Nautilus Mini is that it has a Pyrex tank. Certain juices can melt or crack the plastic tanks... (your RY4 shouldn't be one of them), but the Pyrex can handle any juice you throw at it.

You'll find that the further down the vape path you go, you'll want bigger and better things. You'll learn about battery safety, you'll learn about the newer variable voltage/variable wattage devices, the latest and greatest devices also have temperature control functions where you can set the temperature of your coils... if you're at all like me, you'll end up with hundreds of dollars of equipment, and you'll only use a handful of them on a regular basis. All of my current atomizers are designed so that you build your own coils... if that's something you'd be interested in, then you can learn anything you want to know here at ECF. But for now let's just focus on keeping you off of the cigarettes. I think the Aspire tank I linked to earlier will do that for you, and you don't have to immediately go out and buy new batteries.

Aside from the leaking issues, how are you doing with vaping? Is it working for you to curb your cravings?

Basic basics are the key in the beginning. Also if you click the link in my signature ("Bad's Awesome Blog") you will find a lot of helpful information. Baditude is a respected member here, and he has put together a lot of good info to help the newer vapers. I suggest giving it a read and then if you have any other questions, just ask. I'd be more than happy to help you out as I'm sure most of the members here would as well. ECF is a pretty friendly and helpful place with an abundance of knowledge and experience. I hope this helps you in some way.

Thanks Kaezziel,
The vaping part is good, but it seems that I inhale too much (an old habit from regular cigs, I'm a big guy with big lungs..) It really has helped me stay off of the regular cigs, which is why I really want to make this work for me.

As for the eGo-C, I've read some other threads regarding the leakage issues, so I'll try some of the advice shown there and some advices on the blog you've recommended.
I'll keep you updated on whether I can "fix" the problem, or just switch to the Aspire Nautilus Mini (or something that is close to this that is in retails in Korea).
Thank you!

Reactions: Kaezziel

Lee12

Jul 9, 2015

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hi Kaezziel,

Lee. Either your tank is defective or this isba very high PG juicd.

Someone recommended the Aspire Nautilus.

Very good setup but would recommend the Subtank Mini. I had and got rid of the Nautilus. The thing vaped fine and tastes Great. The coils I had had this chalky crumbly white something around the coil and orgsnic cotton.

With the Sub tank mini or Nano you can vape that with your current battery if you get the 1.2 ohm coils.

I installing new coils in old heads is easy to do. Rip Trippers and others shoe how to rebuild the OCC heads.

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2015
I'm also new, but I wanted to encourage you. Learning what works for you is trial and error, you are going to waste some money trying to find what works for you. But don't give up! Also, if you are a heavy smoker and a heavy hitter, an ego of any type might not be enough for you. It never was for me. But last night I picked up my first box mod, a kanger subox mini, and it's like a choir of angels singing.

Also, and this is a personal preference, I prefer a local brick and mortar store where I can see and handle things, return things easily, and so on. And I finally found one where I can ask lots of questions and get real help, so that's cool!

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Thanks Judgment, but I have the silicon caps (w/ the caps already punched open)..
I'll try to get a NOT pre-punched silicon caps this time and try to punch a smaller hole than the atomizer's diameter circumference.
Once again thanks! (much appreciated)

Hi Lee, I hope that works for you. I can tell you that the Joyetech Ego-C that I quit smoking with over 3 years ago never leaked. It came with pre-punched hard plastic caps on the tank. And with those caps it was very important to fully (forcefully) seat the tank. I actually liked it a lot. Never a drop of liquid on the battery, no external leak, great flavor, the coil and wick held-up for many weeks with cleaning/dry-burn, nearly indestructible when working and a great hand warmer. The major cons for me -the atty is not rebuild-able and the Joyetech atty's are somewhat expensive, but they did work well.

Unfortunate for us, there is a wide range of quality in these products. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread