Status
Not open for further replies.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
The fact that juice is not ending up on the OP's battery connection suggests to me that it might be a problem with how the tank is placed. If the tank is not seated properly, juice could be leaking out around the spike and then making its way into the side vents on the tank.

Are you sure that the tank is pushed in all the way? Make sure it is in all the way (sometimes it snaps into place), and then rotate it at least 90 degrees. If you have been putting it in all the way, are you sure that the cap is all of the way on the tank, or the hole in the cap is completely perforated by the spike or not damaged somehow? The silicon caps are a good idea because they're cheap, they make a better seal, and they're easier to put on and take off. Are all of the threaded pieces (cone and base) tightened down all the way?

I had leakage issues at first, but it was all in the draw and juice would end up on the battery connection. It pulls juice through the wick faster than the coil can evaporate it. A low-resistance atomizer might help with this too, because it will produce more heat. It was fairly easy to train myself to draw softer because I noticed that it makes a whistling sound when I draw too hard. I hold mine pretty much horizontally when I use it, so holding it vertically shouldn't be necessary, and I haven't had a leak in at least two months, since I realized I was drawing too hard.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
In all honesty, I never had a leak with the Ego-C tank system. But, my habit is to take very long, slow draws. Maybe your draw is an issue. I never filled them completely and always ensured the tank was completely inserted. The I did a double 90 degree rotation of the tank before vaping. The Ego-C was the key to my escape from analogs. Yes, I moved on from there as I was curious about VV and larger juice systems. But I still have my Ego-C and it is the backup to my backup LT. Sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with it.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
if i was going to buy any thing like this again it would be the wicked b series tanks "cone shaped" i tried those last winter and liked them a lot.
too much even,,i really went through the juice with that set up..

I have both a type A set-up and a type B. For reasons I can't explain, I think the flavor is actually a little better in the type B. I'm not totally in love with the size of the mouth-piece, though. It's usually not an issue, but sometimes it feels like I'm playing a woodwind instrument or something.

TalkingCactus

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2012
Paradise Valley, AZ.
A few others here nailed it too. It's your draw. I got that same exact thing back when I started, and it was on a Joye 510-T, tiny!

The hard draw is why your leakage is mostly in your tank and headed up to your mouth piece. A normal "leak", which is what most commenters here seemed to get stuck on, will leak by the battery and base of the cone. What you're experiencing is a vacuum issue, too much vacuum to be precise. So, if you want to continue to "tank" you'll need to try one of these: 1) draw softer 2) change your atty [just incase you got a wimpy one, not likely tho] 3) buy a low resistance, LR, atty [might help] 4) try tilting it vertically, mouth piece towards ground, for 3-4 good draws where no juice from the tank reaches the wick to "burn off" the excess juice, then return to normal. Sure, have a good laugh, but this worked for me... until I finally gave in and lowered the vacuum pressure ;)

Bottom line, factory tank systems work just fine, but not for everyone. Your mileage may vary....

plasticscones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Tropic
i just a ego-c in bulk deal today,,i gotta say ,,ego-c is just not worth it !! flavor is so muted and i have tried 3 juices already...

i had juice coming up the sides of the tank also,,,tank was seated as far in as it would go,,,,

another major fail

damn that sucks. maybe you got a dud. besides the leaking which has now been fixed as some members suggested, slow deep drags and sucking on it letting the ego c be straight not tilted has helped a ton. and flavor wise i love it! i started of with a halo g6 and since i switched to the ego c i feel like i was blind flavor wise while on the ego c. lol

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
damn that sucks. maybe you got a dud. besides the leaking which has now been fixed as some members suggested, slow deep drags and sucking on it letting the ego c be straight not tilted has helped a ton. and flavor wise i love it! i started of with a halo g6 and since i switched to the ego c i feel like i was blind flavor wise while on the ego c. lol

That's great that you got it working properly! Some people who get it never have a problem, while others really have a lot of issues with it. I think people who give up on it just aren't patient enough. If you have the patience to work out the problems (I think all of which have been addressed in this thread), I think it's one of the better devices out there in terms of flavor and convenience.

Rimau

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
I have no idea where I'm at
If the wick is too high, you can get dry hits. If the wick is too low you can get flooding, low vapor production and leaking. If you use the hard plastic cap instead of the soft cap, you are more likely to get leaking. You need to leave at least a small bubble in the tank will you fill it, and sometimes with a filled tank, if it feels like you are starting to get a dry hit, then tap the tank and you will see an air bubble rise and you are good to go. Clean you atty before using since they come full of primer to protect it, but will taste like crap. If you take it apart, be careful not to distort the sides of the atty with the spike plate, a slightly damaged atty can leak, although I bent one pretty good, and after bending it back, didn't have any problems. Every so often, clean and dry burn, a fouled coil will not burn off the liquid like it should and could slowly flood.

Draw is important. I find that normal draws are fine, and occasionally a hard draw is needed to get things "back on track". You didn't say anything about your liquid. It is important to know so we can help you better, since I use a 95%VG liquid, that has probably kept me from having any leaking issues. I have used the type A for about 40+ tanks and the type B for about 50+ tanks without changing atties for each one respectively (cleaned each only once so far). Make sure you are using the right atty, the type B has a "B" marking right on it. If they are mixed up, you will probably get leaks. If you chain vape, the coil will heat up, you will feel the sides hot, and it will not produce as much vapor, even though you are not getting dry hits. You could then be drawing in more than the coil can handle and flooding is a possibility, leading to leaks.

I have been using the ego system since the ego-t came out, so I have seen almost every type of problem, although leaking has been a minimum as compared to what I have hear on the forums. Unless a tank is cracked, they should last indefinitely with periodic cleaning. I am using some type A tanks that came with my original ego-t with no problems. I just changed the hard cap for a soft one.

You should change to a soft cap and try a new atty. If nothing works, then it could be a quality control problem and the cone doesn't seal (fit level) with the atty, so the small lair space that is created could let the liquid flow on it's own without a draw, and you will get leaking, or at least liquid will pool above the atty section and will eventually work its way up the sides of the tank, hence, liquid in the upper parts of the mouthpiece.

Hope this helps.

Saludos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread