Ego-C Twist 1000mah charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymj49

Nov 7, 2012
United States
+1. Yeah what's the deal with that? Lol. I completely gave up using the "rapid" USB charger. My multi charger I had for regular ego batteries seems to work much faster. Probably around 5-6 hours to fully charge a dead battery.

If it's taking more than 3-4 hours for an 1110 or less that is too long. Mine takes between 2-3 hours. Like others have said, the regular wall charger is the best ( I saw NO difference between reg and fast charger) but make sure that you (fairly gently) wipe out the battery with a paper towel (the part with pin where it connects with the charger) every time you plug it in; if the charger itself accumulates dirt in it, it's harder to clean because you can't simply use a "screw" motion with the paper towel like with how i wipe out the battery. I do wipe the charger out occasionally as well. I am always shocked by how much dirt there are on them every time I wipe them out, I have seen for myself how much that affects the quickness of the charge. I was told by an employee from a store I will leave anonymous, that "8 hours is about right for a regular wall charger" and then suggested that I buy a new "fast" one. I researched myself, uncluding calling stores to ask, who mostly said that's ridiculous, and with the remaining results decided he was either dishonest or totally apathetic.

Since I have started wiping out the battery and charger each time, I haven't ever had to wait more than three hours for a charge.

Also, the quote about making sure you don't tighten clearos down any farther than they need to fire is important; wiggling the pin up over and over again too roughly can make the connection break eventually. If you have dropped it on a hard surface don't discount that a wire may be dislodged. The reason I buy the 1100Mah Ego twist is because when I took it apart the inside is more solid and built smarter than 650s I've gotten; the wires are even hot glued to the circuit and as a result are much more durable, even if the battery is a little big.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread