Ego-C Twist 1000mah charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimrug1

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Peoria, IL
It seems as though the charging time is directly related to the charger output. The charger I purchased with my Ego twist kit (one 650mAh and one 1000mAh) is a plug in with a usb connect. It has 1000mAh output. I use the batteries until they blink and then turn off. At that point I plug it into the charger. They usually charge full in about an hour, at most 1 1/2- 2 hrs.

nepatitan

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania
My gf has the 650 mAh, first time charging after using it, took about 8 hours to charge.
Contacted Joye about this, as per their technical support, charge times are between 4 and 8 hours.

Hello everyone, first off, this site helped me a lot, but this time I had to create an account in order to ask something.
Yesterday I've received my Ego-C Twist 1000mah battery. 5 or more hours ago the battery blinked more times (it was empty). I put it in the USB charger but it hasn't finished charging it yet!! I also got it off and put it back again, but it's the same thing. If I take it out though, it seems like it works ( no bleeping), but I'm afraid to ruin something/want it to work good.. what should I do??

kotje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
belgium
I first bought a rive 1100 deluxe kit and still use that charger (output DC 4.2V -- 420mA)
bought the ego-C twist 1000 mah to get my first VV batt.

you receive new batteries with a 70% charge witch is standard if im not mistaken and as I do with all batteries,
I charge them first till 100% then use for a half an hour and recharge them for a few hours even if they are full.

now the first time I charge my ego-C twist batt. when it is totally drained...
put it in to charge (usb port on pc, witch supports usb charging when PC is off)
at 10AM , now almost 10PM and still charging. PC may have been off for a few hours during that time. (still charges and usb slot still get 5 volts. the input of the charger is DC 5V)

Is this normal? :confused:

KANGAROOSTER

Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Los Angeles
it will probably take a good 8 hours to fully charge

Hmm, my 1000mAh twist charged within about 30 minutes out of the package, i'm assuming they sent it out with a charge though. I usually vape until the battery is either dead or near-dead and it only takes a few hours to get a full charge.

kotje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
belgium
im charging a totally drained ego-C twist battery 1000mah for over 18 hours now... still not fully charged. according to the chargers indicator (red with a blinking green every 5 secs)
im guessing its the chargers output that's too low as im still using the charger that came with my riva 1100 deluxe kit (Ego/Riva/Echo USB Charger With Cord (510) )>has a output of 420mah according to the site I bought it from vapeescape

still, I dont think this is normal... 18 hours seems to much

kotje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
belgium
kotje I have the same charger and it works in 2.5 hours to charge my twist. I'd say you have a bad charger. It should be green when you plug it in and then when you screw on the battery it will turn red till full charge and then will go green again.

it already charged my ego-C twist (1000mah) and my 2 riva batteries (1100mah) without any issues
ill check tomorrow with a totally drained riva battery to check I guess :glare:

kotje

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
belgium
kotje I have the same charger and it works in 2.5 hours to charge my twist. I'd say you have a bad charger. It should be green when you plug it in and then when you screw on the battery it will turn red till full charge and then will go green again.

That is a wall charger I am talking about.

Ego/Riva/Echo USB Charger With Cord (510) isnt a wall charger .. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread