Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I can see it
YAY. Hope the pic helped to explain what I was trying to say. So, I am going with the vent holes do have a meaning and they vent through the usb port cause I can't see any other way out.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
The al85 has no battery vent holes?

yes, that is crazy (no designated vent holes)
noticed when I watched reviews...

but, it is NOT A SEALED CHAMBER , the whole bottom of the inner frame work is open which (I guess) can/will allow gas escape
it will escape out the USB port, all around the fire bar, and other various cracks in the seams...

being the reason for venting is not to allow pressure build up (battery failure) resulting in explosion, the AL85 wouldn't because it is not sealed
I blew into both of mine and air passed thru trouble free and that also was WITHOUT the spring pin being depressed

that is ODD those (two) holes inside the battery tube - mine DOES NOT have them
wonder IF they were added AFTER the fact OR did they STOP THEM figuring they didn't need them... :blink::unsure::blink::unsure:

upload_2017-3-25_22-59-10.png

- - -​

best small on the market-IMO
upload_2017-3-25_23-26-32.png

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks,puf:) I can get back to considering one.

I dislike square cornered boxy mods so I don't care for the Evic. I like my Preza but instead of a second I'd like to try something different. Really like that fire bar on the AL85.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW

hahaha , got hold of wifes' silver AL85 and had a look INSIDE :shock: guess how surprised I was to see not two holes like the Sugar_and_Spice picture shows,

but (5) holes - 3 on one side, 2 on opposite side o_O (my Black-n-Red has NO holes)

upload_2017-3-26_12-23-12.png
    my silver AL85 has 5 holes in battery tube
    and of course, they were bought at same time, same vendor...

:evil:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    hahaha , got hold of wifes' silver AL85 and had a look INSIDE :shock: guess how surprised I was to see not two holes like the Sugar_and_Spice picture shows,

but (5) holes - 3 on one side, 2 on opposite side o_O (my Black-n-Red has NO holes)

View attachment 644141 my silver AL85 has 5 holes in battery tube

Think they got a good discount on some overstock tubing from a flute maker?

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW

I dislike square cornered boxy mods so I don't care for the Evic. I like my Preza but instead of a second I'd like to try something different. Really like that fire bar on the AL85.

Frannie, I bet you would like the iStick TC60w - it's my most favorite mod :wub: (the Best !)

upload_2017-3-26_14-13-58.png
    - iStick 60W TC Express Kit - iPower, Aster, 40W, 60W - Eleaf - Mods

and don't overlook the CoolFire IV 18650 , comfy and stylish also...
    upload_2017-3-26_14-15-27.png

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    9 out of 10 times when I open my Amor (and often on my eggroll)to refill it, the coil comes out too. Is this just part of ego and amor ownership ?

how you mean "coil" comes out

do you maybe mean the " CAP " unscrews and stays INSIDE the tank air tube ... ?

:confused:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there

View attachment 644141 my silver AL85 has 5 holes in battery tube

LOL. Of course, after seeing this post, I had to check my other two AL85(yes, I bought 3 all from the same vendor, all at the same time)

As everyone already knows, my black and red one has the two holes. As does the gold one. But when I got to my silver one, I had none. Zilch, zip, nada, not one hole to be found anywhere in the battery tube chamber.

Puf musta got mine in his wifes' setup. LOL

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    9 out of 10 times when I open my Amor (and often on my eggroll)to refill it, the coil comes out too. Is this just part of ego and amor ownership ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have had this happen on a couple of tanks,(not the ego's or the armor one, yet). Don't know exactly why but I guess somewhere along the line(maybe in production) the coils got a little out of shape? Maybe not noticeable to the naked eye?

But it does happen. Doesn't interfere with the performance in the coil, just a pita.
    :)

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 6, 2013
    Florida, SW
    Sometimes it's just the cap, other times it's the whole coil

never had a coil (whole thing) come out of a ego one

but the caps come off all the time

just make the coil VERY TIGHT - (it is the only thing that should be VERY tight) that SHOULD fix it

the cap is another thing all together...
    it is sealed inside the air tube so it gets grabbed as you turn off the base, which in my mind is a good thing and a great engineering design (sealed)

I've gotten used to it and after removing base, just reach back in with open coil end and about a thread-n-a-½ captures the cap to pull it out ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread