Status
Not open for further replies.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Fogged One, congrats to you, TWO!!!!!!! I love the celebratory tank, but I don't understand it! Would it work in some other bell tank? (think, KF)

Never owned a KF or its bell, but I doubt it would work. I'm not sure if other STM bellcaps will work without modding them either. Since they are plastic the chimney lengths may vary slightly from one manufacturer to another.

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Foggy----
The center stem(air shaft?) looks very long(to me) - almost like a piece has been added? Which bell tank did you use and can you supply a link please?

The bell that I used came as a full tank with clone STM base and RBA. Can't find it as a stand alone bell. The marking on the chimney is from the STM RBA which was a very tight fit. The clone base was snockered outta the box,think I made it worse while trying to fix it. Haven't tried it yet.

You may be right about the chimney being long. I originally had this idea a couple weeks ago on the road. Tried it with my authentic STM tank and that chimney was just a tad short. Tried adding couple different seals on it none worked. Decided a seal from the top of a PT2 coil might work but had to wait until I got home to try it. Turns out that with this particular bell no seal was needed. I've vaped it almost empty twice and left it upright on a napkin overnight, no leaks yet.

Here's the bell I'm using.
$6.66 Free Shipping SUBTANK Mini Styled Bell Cap Clearomizer (Mini, SS + PMMA, Translucent (RBA Coil)) at m.FastTech.com

As stated, I can't find the exact same bell by itself but I ordered a 5pk of these last night to play with.

$5.82 Free Shipping PC SUBTANK Mini Bell Cap (5-Pack) (42.6mm, 5-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

Last edited:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Well I decided to try my authentic STM with inverted top seal from a PT2 coil. Works! SO FAR!

2017-06-25_09.43.24.jpg

Now for the "why bother" question. First and foremost- tinkerin is fun! The Mega V1 and STM are my 2 fave tanks. They seem to provide an identical vape for me. So how lucky can I be to find that there is some interchangeability between the two? I do have a very slight preference for the CLR cuz there's no need to trap wire under screws. I like the bellcaps. Juice capacity, with a "fill it to the top" trick I just learned from YouTube, and smaller size of the CLR, I think I'm getting 5-6ml in these tanks. Have not yet used my syringe to measure tho.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Found an amor for a few bucks on last HG sale and got it.. haven't used yet.. are the amor 1 ohm coils better than the CL 1 ohm, or same thing? I'll be able to use the pro CL 0.6 coil in it so no issues for me and i love the frosted glass, but the amor coils themselves are extremely hard to find, and i guess i wanted to know if it's worth trying to source some :) I won't be able to use it for a while, i am already way behind on my cleaning stack and i refuse to juice up another new tank right now lol.
You know, I've never even tried the stock CL coils that come with the Ego One's or the ones that came with my Amor tank. I just went straight to the CLR coils at the advice of folks and love them. Even if you don't rebuild them, you can buy the authentic CLRs (0.5 or 1.0) from Fasttech for around $7 or less a five pack if you buy in quantities, cheaper than most non-rebuildable coils! I buy the 1.0 ohm CLRs for mouth to lung vaping at around 10.5 to 11W.

Since I got my Pico 75W and rebuilding with 316L SS (0.62 ohms typically, 6 wraps spaced, 2.5 mm coil diameter, 28AWG), I'm playing with temp control (ohh I've learned the factory settings for SS suck), and love the vape from the CLRs with SS, may never go back haha :D

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well I decided to try my authentic STM with inverted top seal from a PT2 coil. Works! SO FAR!

View attachment 666935

Now for the "why bother" question. First and foremost- tinkerin is fun! The Mega V1 and STM are my 2 fave tanks. They seem to provide an identical vape for me. I do have a very slight preference for the CLR cuz there's no need to trap wire under screws. I like the bellcaps. Juice capacity, with a "fill it to the top" trick I just learned from YouTube, and smaller size of the CLR, I think I'm getting 5-6ml in these tanks. Have not yet used my syringe to measure tho.
I will have to try that....thanks for the tinkering.....luv it when a plan comes together......now time to dig out those old pt2's and coils......now where did I put......

:)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Another week and I hit the 7 year mark. WooHoo.

Woo Hoo is RIGHT!!!!!!!!

In fact, SEVEN "Woo Hoo"s!

WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

Never owned a KF or its bell, but I doubt it would work. I'm not sure if other STM bellcaps will work without modding them either. Since they are plastic the chimney lengths may vary slightly from one manufacturer to another.

Very much appreciate the info, Fogs.

Now for the "why bother" question. First and foremost- tinkerin is fun!

And................ I'm out! :lol: (tinker, fun, oxymoron for moi)

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
Just in case anyone still needs some tanks or something:

Joyetech Special Offer, Up To 90% OFF
Date added: 2017-06-26 01:42:41

Dear Customers,

Joyetech big saving is coming! From June 26 to July 3, Healthcabin has prepared a great wave of Joyetech products with amazing discount for you. We highly recommend you to try below 10 Joyetech products, and you can save another 10% OFF by applying the coupon code: hcjoye to join this 7-day long summer party, shop now!

Joyetech eVic VTC Mini 60W Full Kit with eGo ONE Mega VT Atomizer $19.90

Joyetech eGo AIO D22 1500mAh All-in-one Starter Kit $13.99

Joyetech eGo ONE Mega 2600mAh Kit $8.90

Joyetech eGo ONE VT 2300mAh Kit $9.90

Joyetech eGo ONE CT 2200mAh XL Kit: Silver $8.90/ Black $8.50

Joyetech Elitar Pipe TC 75W Simple Kit $34.99

Joyetech eGo AIO 2100mAh Box Starter Kit (Ex. USB Wall Adapter) $14.99

Joyetech eGo AIO D16 1500mAh All-in-one Starter Kit $19.80

Joyetech eCom-C Twist 650mAh Starter Kit $7.90

Joyetech eVic VTwo 80W 5000mAh Mod Kit (Ex.USB wall adapter) $35.99

let’s get started!

If you have any question, please feel free to connect us: marketing@healthcabin.net

Regards,

HealthCabin Marketing

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
not much into buying eJuice anymore, BUT this stuff is pretty tastey RY4 - had a sale a month ago and bought some more and wasn't sorry
so thought if anyone cared, it is worth a try... :drool:
View attachment 642343

- Mellow Gold (Tobacco) eLiquid - 132mL

:evil:
Best tobacco flavor I've experienced. Matter of fact I hesitate to call it 'tobacco flavor'. Tastes too good compared to the few I've experienced.
Next time you shop there try code 1320 or 13.20. Worked for a long time to get 132ml for $13.20 shipped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread