Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Aaaaaand, a correction is needed to the revision after the alteration was changed.

I sliced down a top grommet from an old Kanger Protank coil and used it as a washer around the pos pin in the CLR, and voila! functional without additional fidgeting and will read on an ohm reader.

Protank Coil detail.jpg
CLR_head_06.jpg

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Hmmm. Maybe I should revisit my Drop. It’s been packed away for quite a while now. Wonder how it does with TC?

It's finicky but doable. Trap the wires under the screws rather than use the holes. That 510 adapter and condensation messes things up I think. I ran nickel in mine before moving on. Locking the resistance was a must.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I guess we've all had some wicking issues with CLRs.

What kind of wicking issues, Mohid? I actually find my CLRs rather forgiving. I suggest you watch a video (or two) on how to rebuild CLR coils.

clr coils - YouTube

I always do because I'm a visual learner and watching somebody do something I'm trying to learn helps me a lot. I don't think I had any problems with leaking eGo tanks--some condensation is normal, especially in very hot weather. Just wipe and vape!

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Here with a question. I guess we've all had some wicking issues with CLRs. The best way I've found to solve that is to remove the juice flow ring from the coil. However, I think it makes the opening too big and sometimes the tank starts leaking. Has anyone found a way to combat that yet?
I've always had them out and never had a leak. I guess it's all in how you wick it. :)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
My only problem with the clrs is leaking from not getting enough cotton in. I would never take off the cap or the leaking would be much worse

The worse leaks i have had were due to the coil cap being loose
I'd recommend trying to use Rayon. Most people think it tastes better also, including myself. Probably easier to work with too. :)

• Agree
Reactions: Katdarling

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
It seems like the rayon shrinks up more which leads to extra leaking
The work around for that is to wet the rayon (with water) before putting it into the coil. Since I have plenty of extras, I simply set them aside for a day or two (to dry) before using. Works for me. ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Here with a question. I guess we've all had some wicking issues with CLRs. The best way I've found to solve that is to remove the juice flow ring from the coil. However, I think it makes the opening too big and sometimes the tank starts leaking. Has anyone found a way to combat that yet?

Hmmm....... not sure I understand, Mohid. I've not had any wicking issues with the CLRs (and I use rayon straight from the baggie).

How low is the liquid in your tank? The only time I've had some delicious leakage from mine are the (lazy) times I've let the tank drain down too low when I should have refilled. Other than that, my one suggestion is to make sure the coil is nice and tight in the base,

and,

to check that perhaps the coil simply needs to be rewicked.

(ok, that's two suggestions) :blush:

Unless you stuff your coil really, really tight. Hate doing this. :facepalm:

I don't do that with my rayon wicks, sweetie. Just cut a piece, pull it thru and Bob's Yer Uncle.

The work around for that is to wet the rayon (with water) before putting it into the coil. Since I have plenty of extras, I simply set them aside for a day or two (to dry) before using. Works for me. ;)

We the rayon and let it dry out? I'm not sure I'm following. Why do that, Rick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread