ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
No...but...but...but...I have gone as far as looking around on fasttech to see if they had any pre-coiled wires
(preferably with a wick) that would work in the CLR heads...:shock:
(However, the problem is I don't know what Tootle Puffer wire size that I should be Searching for.) ..

I like 29g & 30g SS(316L) and Kanthal about +/- 1.0Ω

something like this

- $2.16 Authentic MKWS 316 Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (50-Pack) - 28 AWG / 0.3mm dia. / 0.6ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

hope that helps buddy :)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I'm having a bit of a problem with my CLR coils and I'm hoping someone here can help. I pulled a coil out of the package(in a hurry) and used it Sunday. After about a half day of usage I started getting liquid in my mouth. I upped the wattage and it helped for awhile but it started up again. When I got home from work I pulled the coil out, pulled the wick out and rewicked it pretty heavily with rayon. It worked fine for awhile and then I started getting liquid in my mouth again. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Oh..I'm using 50/50 liquid and right now I'm at 20W on a 1.0ohm coil.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I'm gonna guess you have done this but have to say it anyways...

clean it
wash excess juice from
•drip tip
•air tube in tank
•base under the coil

it happens sometimes, I just pull coil out and rinse EVERYTHING
under sink water, dry and re assemble

maybe climb higher in watts (till it tastes ALMOST burnt)
see if something gives...

let us know :cry:

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
I'm gonna guess you have done this but have to say it anyways...

clean it
wash excess juice from
•drip tip
•air tube in tank
•base under the coil

it happens sometimes, I just pull coil out and rinse EVERYTHING
under sink water, dry and re assemble

maybe climb higher in watts (till it tastes ALMOST burnt)
see if something gives...

let us know :cry:
Thanks! I'll try all of the above cause no, I haven't done any of those. :unsure:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I'm having a bit of a problem with my CLR coils and I'm hoping someone here can help. I pulled a coil out of the package(in a hurry) and used it Sunday. After about a half day of usage I started getting liquid in my mouth. I upped the wattage and it helped for awhile but it started up again. When I got home from work I pulled the coil out, pulled the wick out and rewicked it pretty heavily with rayon. It worked fine for awhile and then I started getting liquid in my mouth again. Can anyone tell me how to fix this?

Oh..I'm using 50/50 liquid and right now I'm at 20W on a 1.0ohm coil.

Hi Lynn. You've got a leak somewhere--around the coil to the chamber? As a result, your juice seeps through the mouthpiece into your mouth and is anything but pleasant.

--Check the o-rings, gaskets, seals to make sure they are all present and seated properly.

--Make sure the coil head is firmly screwed into the base, but not too tight. If you over tighten, you may compress the o-ring and that may cause leaking.

--Make sure that your wick's tails are cut short; if they protrude too much you'll have a leak (but cover the holes completely). And don't over stuff the coil with that rayon too much--the juice needs to flow through the coil freely.

--Check the juice flow control on the coil--I usually leave it open all the way.

--Check the tank's o-rings also.

If nothing works, maybe you got a dud? Try a different coil?

ETA: Lower your wattage--20 watts sounds like too much for that 1Ω coil.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
Hi Lynn. You've got a leak somewhere--around the coil to the chamber? As a result, your juice seeps through the mouthpiece into your mouth and is anything but pleasant.

--Check the o-rings, gaskets, seals to make sure they are all present and seated properly.

--Make sure the coil head is firmly screwed into the base, but not too tight. If you over tighten, you may compress the o-ring and that may cause leaking.

--Make sure that your wick's tails are cut short; if they protrude too much you'll have a leak (but cover the holes completely). And don't over stuff the coil with that rayon too much--the juice needs to flow through the coil freely.

--Check the juice flow control on the coil--I usually leave it open all the way.

--Check the tank's o-rings also.

If nothing works, maybe you got a dud? Try a different coil?

ETA: Lower your wattage--20 watts sounds like too much for that 1Ω coil.
Katya to the rescue with clarity and precision!
latest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread