EGO Twist 650mah - How long before charge?

Discussion in 'eGo Type Models' started by Jazzmom, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jazzmom

Jazzmom Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just bought 2 ego twists 650 mah because I did not want the longer length.

Have 4 KGO 1000mah and the twists are about the same size.

Have been using them but the charge does not seem to last very long.

Today I paid attention. Took the twist off the charger at 7:30 pm and by 10 pm, it was blinking and needed a charge.

I am new at this so have been chain vaping but tonight not as much.

Is this the normal time for a charge for the 650's?

Thank you to anyone who reads this and can help

2. flintlock62

flintlock62 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It would help to know what voltage you are using them at, and what OHM head. Are you chain vaping?

3. Jazzmom

Sorry, just saw your reply

Usually chain vape but not all the time today.

Voltage around 3.6 with a clearomizer with a 2.4 ohm head.

4. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

100 mah = 1 hour of vaping. Chain vaping from 7:30 to 10pm...at 3.6v with 2.4ohms...sounds about right if you vaped all of that time...

5. JazzyTech

JazzyTech Super Member ECF Veteran

Sounds right... It really does depend on how you vape. my 900mah only lasts a few hours which is why I caved and ordered a provari.

6. butterfly2746

butterfly2746 Senior Member ECF Veteran

I'm thinking off gettin a twist and a vivi nova or mini nova got some ? Wat replaceable heads do I get an Wat would b better mini nova or just the vivi nova...I'm still new to this and don't know what ohms to get for the heads

7. JazzyTech

I'd suggest you try the vivi nova stardust cartos at 2.4ohm for starters. That's a good reference. They're easy to clean (which is good if you want to try different flavors of juice.) The 1.8ohm generally gives a hotter vape, but that's not for everyone.

8. 1vapeatatime

1vapeatatime Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love my twists. I have 6 of them all at 650mah. Hardly ever let my battery go dead. I vape about 3.5 mls a day and every time I can I have 3 or four flavors going. That's probably why they last me so long, cause I alternate between twists.

9. Jazzmom

Thanks to everyone who took the time to answer

And as above I guess I will just have to buy a few more (or quit chain vaping) I am sure when I am into this a bit, I will put it down once in a while. :oops:

10. Thompson

Thompson Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They do have the Vision Spinner which is 1300mAh, double the capacity of your 650s, but it'll be larger (the JT 1000mAh is a long bugger).

Or if your near a USB outlet often you could get a VV pass-through, battery life would be a null issue. I think Apollo makes a Twist style PT. Coupled with a USB extension cord from Monoprice its not too bad. I get a tethered feel if its too short a cable.

11. Jazzmom

That is why I ordered the 650mah. Have been using KGO 1000mah and did not want them any longer than that.

12. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Mystagogue φ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I use 1000mah Twists at home and 650s (the regular kind not the Twists) when I go out. I don't like to look like I'm armed :lol:

13. Bozzlite

Bozzlite Ultra Member ECF Veteran

With that voltage setting and the 2.4 ohm cart, I think you should get more than just 2 1/2 hours of use, even chain vaping.

That being said, I use four 650 mah Ego batts with a 1.7 ohm cartomizers, rotating them evenly throughout the day. Pretty much chain vaping. I recharge the set once daily and they have never reached the point that they start blinking. The recharge usually takes less than an hour, so there is probably a good amount of charge still left in them.

These are the standard Ego's, regulated to 3.2 volts. But the 1.7 ohm cartos do draw more power than a 2.4 ohm. So, I'm just saying, 2 1/2 hours doesn't seem right based on my experience.

14. JazzyTech

I'm running 2 ohm coils on my 900 mah eGos. I chain as well and typically get about 2 hours before needing a recharge. I get the blinking light almost every time :vapor:

: apollo, provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.