Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Giving away all my 1.5's to a friend along with an Istick basic and a spare tank.
The GS Air2 14MM also vapes nice on my Sigelli Zmax V3 in 18350 mode.
I have another of my tanks on one of those.
I have also used them on several of my mechs :)
NO Hybrid tops on them though. All my mechs have center pins in the top.
The GS tanks I have should NOT be used on a hybrid style mech. Unless you don't respect your face.
I have also drilled top vent holes in all of my mechs. The pithy bottom venting is very inadequate. And once the battery swells from the heat of venting you have NO venting with most all of the bottom vented mechs.

Last edited:

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Giving away all my 1.5's to a friend with an Istick basic and a spare tank.
The GS Air2 14MM also vapes nice on my Sigelli Zmax V3 in 18350 mode.
I have another of my tanks on one of those.
I have also used them on several of my mechs :)
NO Hybrid tops on them though. All my mechs have center pins in the top.
The GS tanks I have should NOT be used on a hybrid style mech. Unless you don't respect your face.
Now you got me thinking I should take my Sigelei's out of hiding to see how they vape with the 'Air recoils. I have a collection of Zmax tele's that haven't gotten any use for at least a year. :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Now you got me thinking I should take my Sigelei's out of hiding to see how they vape with the 'Air recoils. I have a collection of Zmax tele's that haven't gotten any use for at least a year. :)
The Zmax I have will only go down to 1.2 coils. Why I kept my 1.2 coils.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Yeah but as long as the .75's last me I have about 3 yrs worth of coils.
Robert, my 1st .75 coil is now reading .80. Does that mean it's on it's way out? It does seem a little "hot" tasting. I am using it on a 30W Istick at 4.4V ((24.2 W). Advice welcome,,,

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Robert, my 1st .75 coil is now reading .80. Does that mean it's on it's way out? It does seem a little "hot" tasting. I am using it on a 30W Istick at 4.4V ((24.2 W). Advice welcome,,,
Yep it may be on it's way out. I only run mine at 20 watts or so. Try dropping your watts a bit.
I run mine at 15-20 watts on a regulated and mostly just in straight battery voltage mode. 4.2 and less voltage.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Yep it may be on it's way out. I only run mine at 20 watts or so. Try dropping your watts a bit.
I run mine at 15-20 watts on a regulated and mostly just in straight battery voltage mode. 4.2 and less voltage.
Thank you! Turning things down as we speak (or type).

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I will take one apart when it dies - just to see. I'm using the 0.78 ohm coils too but it will be interesting to see just how long these coils do last.

I mainly DIY clear unflavoured 16 or 18 strength juice and the most I could expect from a Nautilus coil was 10 days. The first GS Air 2 I got came with the 1.5 coil and it died very quickly - but that was probably just a rogue as the ones I have in now seem to be holding up just fine.

Thanks for the welcome, encouragement...and nagging!!!

Last edited:

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Don't know if it was just a thing with the early batch of GS Air 2s - the ones where you screw the screw in to adjust the airflow - but I read a lot about this not working or making any difference.

I have to say I have played about with this using the little screwdriver, which you get for glasses and which lives permanently on my keyring, and I do find it makes a difference.

I run mine with the screw about half way in and to me this with a GS Air 2 on an iStick set at 8 watts gives a grand vape.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Not unusual for a coil to drop or increase in resistance due to wear and tear and gunk buildup. Just watch it. It's probably on its way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread