Need a tank to replace my GS-Airs

Status
Not open for further replies.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm a tootle puffer, and lately, my GS-Airs are not delivering any flavor (specifically the GS-Air M's). And, I seem to get a LOT of bad coils from eleaf lately. Perhaps the most annoying trait of all of my GS-Airs is that they leak when the juice gets to the halfway point in the tank.

Soooooo, what can you recommend that is not sub-ohm for a tootle puffer???

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll recommend the Aspire Nautilus (standard 5 ml vs mini 2 ml capacity). A tried and true tank that has remained popular over the last few years. A mouth-to-lung tank that uses 1.6 ohm and 1.8 ohm drop in coils. Only drawback in my mind is that it is a bottom fill tank.

nautilusExplode.jpg

My favorite tank is the Uwell Crown (original) Authentic Uwell Crown Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer . Technically it is a sub-ohm tank, but you don't have to sub-ohm with it. It has 1.2 ohm coils available for it as well as sub-ohm coils. It is an easy top fill (4ml capacity). It has a ratcheted air control ring which allows wide open direct lung draws down to a tight mouth-to-lung draw. It has a wide bore mouthpiece, but you can always replace it with any inexpensive small bore mouthpiece if you desire. Great flavor, a lot of vapor. Very versatile for just about any style of vaper.

Tip: About once a week, put a Q-tip through the mouthpiece down into the coil area. Coils naturally accumulate a bit of gunk from unvaporized sugars in the e-liquid, and removing this substance will prolong the life of the coils. I get up to 4 weeks with my coils.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Thanks, Baditude! I've abandoned my Nautilus mini due to constant gurgling and spitting. Is the regular Nautilus better? I agree about the bottom fill - I would love to find a top fill this time around.

The Uwell Crown sounds very promising, tho! Thanks for that recommendation and both of the links! I may give that one a try...

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Long time my friend! If you're doing more 70 vg juices and don't need a super-duper tight draw, and just a regular MTL draw, I would recommend Phil's new Innokin Zenith tank. It is really nice overall.

If you're doing 50/50 juices, I'm still an advocate of the Nautilus X, specifically with the 1.8 coils and in the color silver (long story, but I have a bunch, and for some reason the silver ones unscrew easier to refill.) The X is still my go-to tank for 50/50 juices, but it doesn't do as well with higher VG juices.

Also, if you want to stick with eleaf, they do have that new Basil bottom fill tank that some seem to be raving about. I don't know if I could ever go back to bottomfill, but it does seem pretty tootly and nice.

Tell us more about what style you're vaping lately and maybe I could help more. Hope you're doing well!

Reactions: stols001

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Hi Sproket! Funny you mention the new Zenith - I read most of that thread and just ordered one tonight! GMTA and all that, my friend! I definitely don't need a tight draw - that's why I liked the GS-Airs. Most of my juices are either 60/40 or 50/50. Are you saying the Zenith won't do well with 50/50?

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
Hi Sproket! Funny you mention the new Zenith - I read most of that thread and just ordered one tonight! GMTA and all that, my friend! I definitely don't need a tight draw - that's why I liked the GS-Airs. Most of my juices are either 60/40 or 50/50. Are you saying the Zenith won't do well with 50/50?

Niice! Na, it does fantastic with 50/50, I was just mentioning that the Nautilus X doesn't do great with higher VG. The Zenith really is fantastic overall, my only compliant is that I can't give it a hard pull like some other tanks, and get it super tight. So in that case- I think you'll freaking love it!

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Niice! Na, it does fantastic with 50/50, I was just mentioning that the Nautilus X doesn't do great with higher VG. The Zenith really is fantastic overall, my only compliant is that I can't give it a hard pull like some other tanks, and get it super tight. So in that case- I think you'll freaking love it!

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to try it out!

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Most of the Eleaf GS folks went here... (I am still using GS stuff myself...)

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

very long lasting coils that only need to be dry burned to clean.

Getting a little hard to find except in the Tron flavors. There is a pretty long list in that thread of tanks that take the CLR Wondercoil.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'd say that the zenith might suit you draw-wise if you want something less tight than the N2. With the 1.8 coil I am getting MORE clouds than I want, and I hear the 0.8 coil is the "flavor" coil. I really like the tank's design and it's put together well. It took me two tanks ish to break in the flavor completely, prior to that it was muted. I don't know what they did, but to me the 1.8 coil is impressively cloudy (for me, but I can't use much PG and use distilled water and VG only) while not being a very "thirsty" tank at all. I'd say it has a lot of things going for it, and I wish I could speak to the 0.8 coil, but I really want to see what coil life is like, especially after vaping about 8 ml of less flavorful e-liquid (although I am told the 0.8 coil is a flavor monster right out of the gate).

With that said, I am having a very hard time coming up with a coil I like better than the 1.0 CLR coil from Joytech. It's fantastic, might want to check out the dedicated thread... I have used them in a Wismec tank (great flavor, but not the greatest tank) the ego one mega V2 (very well liked by me) and I have a Tron-S on the way, to use them more. They are lovely coils and the ability to rebuild and rewick them kind of puts them over the top.

Anna

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Thanks Bruce and Stols for the thread/info about the eGo 1 and CLR coils. I definitely need to check that out. I DID receive my Zenith today and I have to say that I'm liking it so far. I LOVE the top fill, and the tank itself seems really well built. Stols, I agree about the muted flavor in the 1.6 coil; glad to hear that it will get better as it breaks in. But all in all, I like the tank so far. I vape primarily 50/50 and I'm also getting lots of clouds from this tank. I'm not a cloud chaser, and I also live alone so nobody to complain about my clouds! ;)

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm doing well with the Joye Exceed tank. It's 1.2ohm for the high coil but runs fine @ low wattage. Top fill and folks say it's great for flavor. ( I'm all flavorless ) Has a lower ohm coil if interested.

I run the Nautilus and a carto-tank alongside them.

R77, thanks for this info. Will check that one out as well. How's the longevity of the coil?

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Most of the Eleaf GS folks went here... (I am still using GS stuff myself...)

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

very long lasting coils that only need to be dry burned to clean.

Getting a little hard to find except in the Tron flavors. There is a pretty long list in that thread of tanks that take the CLR Wondercoil.
Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Hi Bruce,

What do you mean by "Tron flavors"?

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
I'm still undecided about the Zenith tank. The flavor is great, but it's not as airy as I'd like. I vape an RY4 NET exclusively, and it seems these coils are getting gunked FAST. This is a light, clean NET; not one of those dark, kill-your-coils juices.

So, the vote is still out for me.

I do still love my GS-Airs if I could get a decent coil! :-x

Has anyone tried the 1.2 all cotton coils for the GS Airs?

Last edited:

love coffee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Tried the 0.8 coil? I like my zenith too, the coils don't seem to gunk fast. I am running some storebought juice I won and it's fairly sweet (to me) so I guess we'll see. I find I get LARGE clouds with the 1.6 coil and find it pretty airy. IDK though, everyone's preferences and experience are different.

Anna

I think I ruined my .8 coil.:( After reading about poking holes in the cotton, I tried to do that. The result was, I think, pushing all the cotton into the middle of the coil and it wouldn't draw AT ALL. I could hear it fire, but zero would come out of it.:yawn:

• Optimistic

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I think I ruined my .8 coil.:( After reading about poking holes in the cotton, I tried to do that. The result was, I think, pushing all the cotton into the middle of the coil and it wouldn't draw AT ALL. I could hear it fire, but zero would come out of it.:yawn:
    I've only poked 2 coils so far but have had great success using a syringe for the added sharpness. Still, even with a common Pin I had no issues. Perhaps you got hold of a larger diameter dull needle than I used.

I poke once in the side holes and a few time from the top.

love coffee

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I've only poked 2 coils so far but have had great success using a syringe for the added sharpness. Still, even with a common Pin I had no issues. Perhaps you got hold of a larger diameter dull needle than I used.

I poke once in the side holes and a few time from the top.

R77, I'm embarrassed to say this, but I tried to use a TOOTHPICK!!!!!! Yes, I'm an idiot.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread