:headbang:

Last edited:

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
I got 10 new 1.5 coils recently from Rocky Mt Vapes.

Great GooglyMoogly where they hard to get the shrouds off of.

Maybe I need a new pair of needlenose but I had to kind of work at getting these off.

I compared them to some over a year old coils and the only difference I could see was the
newer ones have the silicone insulators.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Couldn't hold off any longer, curiosity finally won out! I ordered a Coppervape Tf GT2 A RTA Atomizer from Gearbest. Got to find out what all the hoopla is about! It's either going to be fantastic, or $16.63 down the drain!

good luck - be sure to let us know how it turns out... :|

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
Couldn't hold off any longer, curiosity finally won out! I ordered a Coppervape Tf GT2 A RTA Atomizer from Gearbest. Got to find out what all the hoopla is about! It's either going to be fantastic, or $16.63 down the drain!
What hoopla? Did a quick search, didn't see much of anything...

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
Has anyone tried the M and MS clones at FT? Thinking of adding a couple of those some time or another if they are good. Less than $7 apiece, and I think I've read that people like them.

By the way, I rebuilt a couple of 1.5 coils this week and was shocked how easy it has become. The biggest difficulty for me still is getting the cap off when breaking it down. This time I was rebuilding a couple of coils that I had taken apart weeks ago. Really cut down on the frustration. Got both the new builds at 1.4Ω and working great.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Has anyone tried the M and MS clones at FT? Thinking of adding a couple of those some time or another if they are good. Less than $7 apiece, and I think I've read that people like them.

By the way, I rebuilt a couple of 1.5 coils this week and was shocked how easy it has become. The biggest difficulty for me still is getting the cap off when breaking it down. This time I was rebuilding a couple of coils that I had taken apart weeks ago. Really cut down on the frustration. Got both the new builds at 1.4Ω and working great.
Here's my take of breaking those down. Very easy. Screw the coil onto a Kanger evod base and use the MS or M tank top for the tool...
This video was originally in Cheech's blog but I accidentally deleted it.

MikeADore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2016
Tennessee
I've watched that a few times, @IMRs. I still think it's voodoo of some sort...lol. Truth is, I don't have a Kanger evod base or an M or MS tank. I wind up screwing the coil into an eLeaf base to get the cap off. Problem is, if you screw it in tight, it clamps down on the cap and won't let it come off. If you don't screw it in enough, you'll pull the whole coil out while wrangling with the cap. I eventually get it off, but the process is not fun. (Some times, I grab it just right and twist just enough, and it comes off right away. Not usually, though.)

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I've watched that a few times, @IMRs. I still think it's voodoo of some sort...lol. Truth is, I don't have a Kanger evod base or an M or MS tank. I wind up screwing the coil into an eLeaf base to get the cap off. Problem is, if you screw it in tight, it clamps down on the cap and won't let it come off. If you don't screw it in enough, you'll pull the whole coil out while wrangling with the cap. I eventually get it off, but the process is not fun. (Some times, I grab it just right and twist just enough, and it comes off right away. Not usually, though.)
So you're using the original GS Air tanks? Did you try using that tank top? Not sure if the opening is wide enough though. :unsure:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW

Mike, you can use a pair of vise-grips to EASILY remove that cap also
and if ya don't have any, a 'cheap' pair would be PLENTY good enuff
of course you Wouldn't squeeze it, just screw jaws to ExACTLY same size as coil body cap :D {ez-pz}

upload_2016-9-21_15-1-34.png

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

Mike I bought a few at fasttech. The tank itself looks fine. The base looks fine too but the AFC bottom thingy is too loose and wont stay put. Two ways to overcome this: 1. Use superglue to glue it at the desired spot - that worked really well for me. 2. I figured I could always trade an authentic base for the FT one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread