Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
@Cheechako : Totally OT, but if I recall correctly from early on in this thread you were into shaving with double-edge razors. I've been doing that for about a year now and I'm wondering what your favorite soap is and why?
You have one heck of a memory! Tried a ton of soaps and settled on Arko from Turkey, it's cheap and gives a great lather.
Schick Krona, Vostok blades and a Van Der Hagen brush. It's a little slice of heaven in the morning.
https://www.amazon.com/Arko-Shaving...arko+shaving+soap&refinements=p_85:2470955011
$_35.JPG
8fe6d30c56d1a5cfdf9b221e454654cd.jpg

Reactions: Jumpin' In...

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
You have one heck of a memory! Tried a ton of soaps and settled on Arko from Turkey, it's cheap and gives a great lather.
Schick Krona, Vostok blades and a Van Der Hagen brush. It's a little slice of heaven in the morning.
https://www.amazon.com/Arko-Shaving-Stick-White-Count/dp/B000VAWZ2U/ref=sr_1_2_s_it?s=beauty&rps=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1481370903&sr=1-2&keywords=arko+shaving+soap&refinements=p_85:2470955011
$_35.JPG
8fe6d30c56d1a5cfdf9b221e454654cd.jpg
So you go stick directly to face, then lather with a brush? I like making my lather in a bowl...

Edit: And yeah, it's not the most time-efficient thing, but I really enjoy my shaves these days. :)

Last edited:

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
So you go stick directly to face, then lather with a brush? I like making my lather in a bowl...
I cut it up and smash the soap into a wooden bowl with a lid that looks like this:
1776785.jpeg

Make the lather in the bowl...tried the face lather, didn't work very well.
What are your preferences? Soap, blade, shaver?

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii
I cut it up and smash the soap into a wooden bowl with a lid that looks like this:
1776785.jpeg

Make the lather in the bowl...tried the face lather, didn't work very well.
What are your preferences? Soap, blade, shaver?
I bought a Mekur 34C HD and a cheap Feather - like the heft of the Mekur much better. Bought a 100 pack of Personna Blue razor blades and still have quite a few left. I'll probably get a sample pack of various blades when I'm done with these.

I've tried Cella, Razorock, Henry Cavendish Himalaya and most recently Stirling shaving soaps - "croaps" actually, except for the Henry Cavendish which is a very hard puck. All lather fine once you play around with them a bit. So far, I'm partial to the scent of Cella, but I think the Cavendish has the best post-shave face-feel. Still working through the Stirling samples, so we'll see. The Stirling soaps have great scents too.

Bought a couple of Omega boar brushes which I used for a few months, but bought a cheap Omega synthetic "S-Brush" on a lark and found that I like it better than the natural brushes.

BTW, that's a beautiful bowl you have there! I lather in a small ceramic bowl that I got from the local big-box for something like $1.34. :) The croaps are in plastic containers and I micro-ed the Henry Cavendish into a second, matching bowl and covered it with a small piece of cardboard between shaves. I'll probably do what you do with the Arko when I get around to trying it.

Thanks for the info!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Still using 1.5 coils on the same setup as always, but I've noticed more than a few are tasting burnt after just a few days.
I'd like to contact Eleaf and see if there is anything they will do about it for me. Suggested contact info?

that's a ' consumable product '

would be like asking Chevy or Ford to replace your tires and wiper blades , because they wore out :cry:

now you see why we talk of how great it is to go to the trouble to RE Build the coils in our tanks

you get a better product, convenience, & the big one - Cost

:banana:

upload_2016-12-14_12-58-38.png

Cheechako

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2012
Arizona
that's a ' consumable product '

would be like asking Chevy or Ford to replace your tires and wiper blades , because they wore out :cry:

now you see why we talk of how great it is to go to the trouble to RE Build the coils in our tanks

you get a better product, convenience, & the big one - Cost

:banana:

Savings is a big point!
With all the money I've saved, I might be able to replace my12" black and white TV
sitting on the milk crate with a color one!
Might be a little tight in my single-wide trailer....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread