Eleaf GS Air Fan : Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Mornin' Airheads, Pufflings, and you guys.
puffins.jpg

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013

Don't know if that's a reference to 2:05 am at a Southern post office, or if you have purloined my high school diary to see what I listened to as I crossed the 59th St. bridge. Great song. Thanks.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Don't know if that's a reference to 2:05 am at a Southern post office, or if you have purloined my high school diary to see what I listened to as I crossed the 59th St. bridge. Great song. Thanks.

I just heard this song on the radio this a.m. on my drive in to work. :thumb:

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Mine too! Thanks for posting it!
Anytime. This music really does transcend time. My 21 year old daughter knows and likes this song. But she is really an old soul - she loves the Eagles, The Beatles, Otis Redding, and a lot of the other old classics.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Anytime. This music really does transcend time. My 21 year old daughter knows and likes this song. But she is really an old soul - she loves the Eagles, The Beatles, Otis Redding, and a lot of the other old classics.
My favorite, also!! And both of my 30something kids have this song and a few other Simon and Garfunkel songs always on their playlists. Timeless!

I remember my favorite English class, (10th grade English Comp, maybe???) we had a young teacher who had just started teaching. She loved Simon and Garfunkel, too - our assignments were always interpreting or comparing and contrasting the lyrics to their songs. I can still remember her asking "What do you think they meant by 'the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, and tenement halls?' I thought she was THE COOLEST!

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
My favorite, also!! And both of my 30something kids have this song and a few other Simon and Garfunkel songs always on their playlists. Timeless!

I remember my favorite English class, (10th grade English Comp, maybe???) we had a young teacher who had just started teaching. She loved Simon and Garfunkel, too - our assignments were always interpreting or comparing and contrasting the lyrics to their songs. I can still remember her asking "What do you think they meant by 'the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls, and tenement halls?' I thought she was THE COOLEST!
My daughter says that Mumford and Sons does a really good remake of The Boxer. Now I'm not normally a fan of remaking a classic, but if anyone could do it well, I would imagine it's M&S. They just have the right sound for that song.

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Since we're talking about music; I heard about this the other day and I though I'd see what your thoughts are about this list. There are some really great ones on there, some I've never even heard and some that don't belong there, IMO. What do you think?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...sis-reveals-track-ticks-boxes-needed-hit.html
I definitely do NOT agree with the #1 pick.
My thoughts, for what very little they are worth-
1) The Daily Mail is a krap tabloid newspaper, with a plethora of lanyard photos.
2) The Daily Mail supports UKIP and the Tories when it can't find someone more extreme to extol.
3) The article is full of lexical and grammatical flubs.
4) Calling a song or songs "iconic" thirty-seven times in one report does not make the songs musically noteworthy.
5) There are some very good songs on the list, together with some awful garbage.
I trust you guys to point me to good music. The Dailymailonline, not so much.

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?

Daily-Mail-23052012.jpg

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
It's not a real list .... there is no Lynyrd Skynyrd.
No Freebird? That's surprising. It's not a personal favorite, still, I would think a lot of folks would consider it iconic.
Smells Like Teen Spirit is still a VERY good song to this day, IMO, but does not belong in the number 1 spot. I would put Stand by Me in the number one spot before I would put Nirvana there. LOVE Stand By Me. Perhaps my all time favorite song, EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread