Eleaf istick 50w Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Thanks for that info. I've heard others say T5 fits. One person said 4.5 I'll pick up a small set to include both cause I think some size differences may be varying between manufacturers.

Oh crap, now I have to go check for sure.. It was 5 or 6. What wrong with me today.. I'm saying 6, will report back after I head to the shop.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
My last order....
upload_2015-5-18_21-51-45.jpeg

Last edited:

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
Day two of the new 50's from rocky mtn and still on the same charge. 1.1 ohm single coil. Only "issue" I've noticed is the fire button is a little flakey here and there if it isn't pressed firmly enough, not really a defect just a thing. No explosions or otherwise weird behavior yet, thing is even smaller in person its hard to believe its a dual 18650 mod, love it. Recommend the sleeves as well.

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
Yeah, the button firing thing will always be a problem until they fix the actual micro button inside. It's very small and the button on the outside is very big. When the big button is pushed at an angle it doesn't make full contact with the little button inside. It's better when it's new because the anti-rattle silicone is a little stiffer and makes the button actuate at a better angle. As that silicone starts to soften a bit the button actuates at all kinds of angles. The only thing they can really do to fix that is have a bigger button inside to help with the outer buttons angle. And frankly I'm not so sure there is room for that.

Reactions: mudram99

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
So I've had the istick 50 plugged in to charge for nearly 8 hours now on a 5v - 1000mah ac to usb wall charger and it still isn't fully charged, seems like it's been stuck on the last bar for quite some time. This seems unusual can anyone chime in? There's no heat coming off it but I'm going to unplug it now anyways for fear that it is overcharging the batteries.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
So I've had the istick 50 plugged in to charge for nearly 8 hours now on a 5v - 1000mah ac to usb wall charger and it still isn't fully charged, seems like it's been stuck on the last bar for quite some time. This seems unusual can anyone chime in? There's no heat coming off it but I'm going to unplug it now anyways for fear that it is overcharging the batteries.

Fault in the USB charging. Probably the cable, the way it plugs in is different from a phone. In that it its up high so cable is bending down instead of flat like a phone.

One of my cables doesn't charge it well anymore. Because of the way it bends the cable itself. Also to add - that cable charges a phone without a problem.

A partial short, or partially broken wire inside, can still show charging, but at an extremely slow rate. Or cycling on off. Sometimes picking it up to check can cause it to charge momentarily, setting back down it stops. Due to the cable..

Check it out.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Fault in the USB charging. Probably the cable, the way it plugs in is different from a phone. In that it its up high so cable is bending down instead of flat like a phone.

One of my cables doesn't charge it well anymore. Because of the way it bends the cable itself. Also to add - that cable charges a phone without a problem.

A partial short, or partially broken wire inside, can still show charging, but at an extremely slow rate. Or cycling on off. Sometimes picking it up to check can cause it to charge momentarily, setting back down it stops. Due to the cable..

Check it out.
My sentiments exactly. :) I bought 2 new T5 torx bits at a flea market for a buck. He didn't have any T6 that I could find in the pile. I was lucky he had those. They fit good.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
OK, it definitely IS charging. Its a brand new cable and I always position things to avoid bending cables. I'll try a different wall adapter first if that does nothing I'll try a different cable. Thanks Jeremy.

Wall adapters could make a difference. Im not 100% sure how istick acts but I assume similar to other USB charge devices. In that if you plug into a computer USB it will only draw .5 amps so it doesn't damage the PC. 2 of the pins in the USB detect if it PC or not. And the istick may restrict to .5 amps regardless of the power rating if it detects on these pins. So it would possibly take 10 hours to charge.

I know for sure nearly all car chargers are this way too. In that they restrict to .5.. Some of the more expensive ones aren't.

Not sure if this is the case. But just in case..

Reactions: Cheechako

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
My sentiments exactly. :) I bought 2 new T5 torx bits at a flea market for a buck. He didn't have any T6 that I could find in the pile. I was lucky he had those. They fit good.

Cool, so pretty Much either Or - since it seems in between both will get the job done.

And its not like their rusted bolts or something where you could strip it - they should come loose fairly easily.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
OK, it definitely IS charging. Its a brand new cable and I always position things to avoid bending cables. I'll try a different wall adapter first if that does nothing I'll try a different cable. Thanks Jeremy.

A 1 amp wall charger is recommended from Eleaf.

The 50W does charge slower than the 30W, but that's to be expected since there are 2 batteries inside. Mine usually take about 4 hours from half depletion, so 8 hours from full depletion would be about right with a 1 amp adapter. I never let mine get full drained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread