Eleaf istick 50w Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
In this thread we can post our experiences with the iSmoka eleaf 50w. Including durability, battery life, and technical information we discover during use and testing.

The istick 50w is already a huge hit in the short time its been available.. The pricing is great on this device. If your thinking of getting one; also chime in with any questions.
-------

After using a sigelei Zmax V3 for over a year with stacked 18350. I was ready to upgrade.. Dual battery capability was the main prerequisite in a new mod. I went with the istick 50w over the sig 150, because I only needed 50w, and I must say I'm very happy with the purchase.

The istick performs excellently. Very ergonomic and fits great in the hand. The size is surprising small because its only a little bigger than two 18650s. I was shocked when I opened the box.. Feels solid, as its screwed together, with a nice weight to it.

The battery life is excellent with the built in parallel 18650's. I received it fully charged from the factory and vaped it for 2 1/2 days at 30w before it received its first charge, I go through 6-7 ml a day..

This is mine, topped with the very large flash e-vapor clone.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I was very pleased that when, the battery was down to 1 bars, I put a meter on it and it still put out 6v & 7v @ 1.3ohms no problem.

The battery continued to last a few more hours too, it started to blink at me, with 0 battery, by the end of the night. But it kept going for a while like that.

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I've heard reports of atomizers/ coils reading .1 off..

Well mine didn't until.. I charged it and reinstalled the tank then my 1.3 build read 1.4.. So I messed around with it... if the screen was lit when i screwed it on it was over by .1... If i screwed it on with the screen off it was correct...

Let me know if you get a similar result.

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
I've been almost pulling the trigger on one of these for days and days now and can't seem to make my mind up between it and the Smok m65... (Sigh)
I've got 2 original 20w iSticks and love'm but want more power. I won't need more than 30w pretty much ever so it's mostly down to size, but I'm still stuck. Someone unstick me!

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
I've been almost pulling the trigger on one of these for days and days now and can't seem to make my mind up between it and the Smok m65... (Sigh)
I've got 2 original 20w iSticks and love'm but want more power. I won't need more than 30w pretty much ever so it's mostly down to size, but I'm still stuck. Someone unstick me!

If anything, get the 50w for the double capacity (I think 4400mah vs 2200?).... I just bought one.

edit: I see the m65 has the same capacity.... well, then get the iStick for not looking like a Motorola brick phone. :)

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

You like the istick get the 50w.

The the istick has 2 -18650 in parallel. The smoke m65 has one 18650, user supplied.

The istick 50w has stainless threading and unique spring loaded pin... The smok m65 says nothing about the 510, so.. its probably plated brass...

The two are nearly the same size..

Smoke m65 - 85mm/22mm/38mm

istick 50w - 83mm/23mm/45mm

23mm tanks will hang over on the m65.

You won't need to charge separate batteries or worry about carrying or owning 18650s. Micro USB are typically everywhere. I feel pretty free from taking my charger or extra batteries.

I think the button on the istick is better the curved button works great. Requires no finger tip to press just a slight grip.

Theres was some question of who the smok m series is made by. As far as I understand the m65 is an m50 upgraded to 65 and takes a single battery.. They have an m65 plus, or now called the m80, with built-in dual batteries.. I've heard some possible issues with them.

Last edited:

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Every so often, you make a purchase that exceeds your expectation, that you want to tell other people about, because you're enjoying it so much!

The IStick 50w is one of those devices, for me!

I previously was using, and loved, my Vapor Shark DNA. I was using tanks with 1.2 ohm attys, or thereabouts, and the Vapor Shark would last me all day.

Once I moved on to the Kanger Sub Tank mini, at .5 ohm, my battery life on the VS dropped to a few hours!

I ordered and received the IStick 50 watt, and really love it! ALL day vapping, actually, more like THREE DAYS on a fully charged pair of batteries!

The 50w fits in my hands perfectly (I have rather big hands), feels well built and solid, never misses firing when I press the button and fits comfortably in my shirt pocket with the Sub Tank attached....

What more could I ask for?

WIth the Kanger Tank mini (or, sometimes, the nano) filled, this device lasts me all day, with great vapor production and flavor! Comes as close to dripping, without the hassle, as I've managed to find, and believe me, I've looked!

:p

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA

Exactly where I'm at... what to do?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
I bought four 50 watt-ers....with the Goblins and one of Jeremy's Rayon wick configurations.....its nothing short of heaven with good juice.

Eleaf really makes some great products, their attention to detail gleams in the 50.

Between the 20's, 30's, and 50's, I doubt I'll buy another battery for a long time. I surely don't need anything over 50 watts, I'm into flavor.

KSS89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
Charlestown, RI, USA
I pulled the trigger on one of these and a Lemo RTA. This is my first RTA so my first coil build I think needs more wicking material because I keep getting dry hits with 50/50 juice at 14-18W. My build is at 1.2 ohms but it reads all over the place on the Istick. I am going to rebuild it tonight.
the lemo's 510 pin can be a little wobbly. just make sure u tighten it down hard with a flathead screwdriver and that should help. and if the pin makes u nervous by not sticking out far enough then stick a tiny o-ring at the base of the pin and tighten. you will prob have to re tighten every few days if you do this though. the extra o-ring you get for the fill screw for some tanks (like the orchid) works best. im a glutton for punishment so i have my lemo with a nickel build in it and the resistance slowly rises until i tighten it down again. gotta do it almost every other day with moderate use :\. the pin is the biggest downfall of the lemo IMO

Ace64

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2014
Massachusetts
Jeremy! Thanks for starting this.

I smoked lots. I just don't want to smoke, not really into chuckin huge clouds. I had settled in on a mech mech mod with and RDA, at around .3 to .5 ohms. I was dripping 12 mg nic.

My mech mod switch was a pain. (Really, the only part that had to work)

Anyway I was in search of a small sweet looking mech mod with a nice switch. I travel for work and visited many vape shops since you can feel the switch on the Internet. Everyone said.. Go digital and showed me these ugly box mods. No offense, but they look like a medical device. I really could not see the advantage of a digital with a single 18650, and the ones that held dual were too huge. Really? With and RDA? In my pocket? I don't work at a vape shop!

Anyway I bought the I stick 50w because it was small and had a bigger bang then just one 18650. Holy COW! Set it to 35 on an RDA. Great hit. Now any good PhD will tell you never change more than one thing. I didn't listen. I bought a subtank mini as well. So, I have been working to earn both.
It is a different hit then the RDA on on the stick. RDA is much more airy. The subtank is a "full" on vape. Like much more dense hit than an RDA.

But, this is about the eleaf I stick so... After ten days I bought another. Money is not the issue with vaping because I smoked lots and I am saving huge it's just that I don't want another piece gathering dust.
I have been using the build deck for the last few days. I am at .6 ohms. I vape about 15-20ml a day and the battery last a day. Then I switch. Backup is good because if it does not go the whole day I can switch. One on the charge and one in my hand. I don't have to sweat it. Inky mech mod I switched batteries three or four times a day.

Also, with the mech mod maintenance was key crucial. If you didn't clean contacts and switch every other day it would be screwy. With eleaf I really have not even cleaned the contacts.

Ok, ok, one more rave! I know exactly how much battery life is there. With the mech mod, it was a guess. Which changes with build, juice, and length of could use. With the digital I can change each!

I know you can get these at around $48-$52 online. I was happy to pay the $63 from my local B&M and not have to pay freight, or sweat vape mail.
Great deal no?

Reactions: Kytten

KSS89

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
Charlestown, RI, USA
I bought four 50 watt-ers....with the Goblins and one of Jeremy's Rayon wick configurations.....its nothing short of heaven with good juice.

Eleaf really makes some great products, their attention to detail gleams in the 50.

Between the 20's, 30's, and 50's, I doubt I'll buy another battery for a long time. I surely don't need anything over 50 watts, I'm into flavor.
iStick addiction! i still dont have one but thats prob what ill get when the smoktech ACE that i use as my "at work" device dies. which will prob be soon lol. almost wish they had replaceable batteries tho

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
The the istick has 2 -18650 in parallel.

According to this guy on FT, they're Li-Po batts that are 60mm long (not 65 like an 18650), and the consensus is there's no room to try to squeeze 18650's in. Hope I don't get a dud. Li-Po batts from China don't have the greatest service history. :unsure:

Li-on or Lipo?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
iStick addiction! i still dont have one but thats prob what ill get when the smoktech ACE that i use as my "at work" device dies. which will prob be soon lol. almost wish they had replaceable batteries tho

Replaceable batteries?...for the price, I will chuck them out rather than screw around charging batteries in a charger and carrying extras...times are a changing for the better in my opinion.

Personally, I haven't found a battery that lasts as long as the ones in the iSticks, which are so small with high mah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread