Eleaf istick connector poll

How is your istick connector?

• The connector on my istick is fine and works as it should.

• The threads on my istick were faulty out of the box.

• The threads on my istick have become sloppy with use.

• My topper won't fire if it is screwed on snugly, it has to be loose to fire.

• I don't even have an istick, I just like polls.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxbelmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2014
Buried in books
I got one, no problems, love it! Got the second one and the ego adapter threading is bad. Cleaned it with alcohol on a qtip and the cotton got stuck in the ratty threads. Bought two airflow adapters and screwed them into the 510. Thread problem solved. Now I can use the ego adapter from the good one if I want to use my ego tanks.

graybeard

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2013
Gaffney SC
My 2 are 60 days old. Both were fine for 3 weeks when I took the poll. Since then the threads are becoming loose and sloppy, there is a metal residue each time I wipe off the connector on my Kayfuns, and I have had to raise the Istick connector pin several times to maintain any connection.

I find a round toothpick works well for this after removing the sharp point. Every single device I have bought thus far has some fubar aspects that eventually renders them useless.

Asking for American made vape goods is obviously asking too much. I don't want the Cadillac of vape gear, but is wanting at least a Hyundai asking too much?
I can almost hear the laughter from the chinese suppliers whenever I order anything new.

cjmckay

Moved On
Nov 30, 2014
I've been using one as my main device for a couple of months. I wasn't sure how well the threads would stand up to repeated screwings of attys into the istick so I purchased a Bending Adaptor online (now widely available) which screws into the unit and stays there. On this I use a 501/ego adaptor for slim mini attys and add a conical beauty ring with a broader Atty. This saves the threads, gives stray juice an easy to clean place to go, adds the folding function for easy pocket storage and looks fantastic. The bending adaptor is a must-have for the iStick and would probably also work well with other box devices where the threads are close to the edge of the device.

cjmckay

Moved On
Nov 30, 2014
Re:,Skinny30 and the eLeaf/atty problem.

I had the same problem with some Protanks on the istick. I found that the attys centre (+) pin was protruding too far out and shorting or partially shorting to ground when the Atty was fully threaded in. What worked for me was to gently push the atty centre pin in or sometimes ease out until I find the right position which gives the right resistance when the atty is screwed in correctly. This may help with your atty.. The istick does not have an adjustable pin but you can adjust the pin on the included adaptor and you can often adjust the pin on the base of the atty too. Adjustments here usually completely remove the need to have attys loose when using them.

Last edited:

markdek

Dec 31, 2013
rockford, mi
Re:,Skinny30 and the eLeaf/atty problem.

I had the same problem with some Protanks on the istick. I found that the attys centre (+) pin was protruding too far out and shorting or partially shorting to ground when the Atty was fully threaded in. What worked for me was to gently push the atty centre pin in or sometimes ease out until I find the right position which gives the right resistance when the atty is screwed in correctly. This may help with your atty.. The istick does not have an adjustable pin but you can adjust the pin on the included adaptor and you can often adjust the pin on the base of the atty too. Adjustments here usually completely remove the need to have attys loose when using them.

The iStick does not have an "included adapter"...you have to buy it. Second, the bending adapter is a spring loaded pin, not an "adjustable" pin.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
The iStick does not have an "included adapter"...you have to buy it. Second, the bending adapter is a spring loaded pin, not an "adjustable" pin.
Mine came with a 510/ego adapter in the box. There is a "simple kit" that comes with the istick, the adapter but no charger.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using Tapatalk

cjmckay

Moved On
Nov 30, 2014

Hi MarkDec. Let me explain. The istick comes with a simple screw-in 501 to ego adaptor (which DOES have a slightly adjustable pin.) I also own the bending adaptor (of course this has a sprung pin or else it wouldn't work!) which I purchased separately. I have the Bender permanently screwed into the eleaf threads. I then have the INCLUDED 501 to ego adaptor screwed into the Bender.. Then I can mount a mini protank neatly onto that or use a beauty ring with a full-sized protank. This looks great and works well to protect all threads without adding a lot of height or weight. It really is worth reading posts properly before you flame people. I am fairly new to the forum but I've been vaping for about five years and have at least some idea of what I am talking about.. I've reviewed the istick in several places online and it has been the only power source I've been using to vape for the last 6 to 8 weeks. I include a photo of my rig with a big Protank fitted - to show what I mean. Some will prefer to just screw an atty straight into the istick. I prefer this as it just works better.

Attachments

• IMG_20141224_225109602.jpg
    IMG_20141224_225109602.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

cjmckay

Moved On
Nov 30, 2014
I have an istick in my cart as we speak. I feel like I need to keep an eye on this poll before I "checkout". Disappointing to hear there's issues..
Half the people on here who knock the istick probably don't even own one. My one has always worked perfectly and I've used it all day every day for many weeks. There are known issues but you can completely avoid any risks if you know what you are doing . I recommend the stick 100%

burnie71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
South Australia
I have two both using Nautilus Mini on average tanks are removed 3 times a day for refill and threads are fine after nearly 2 months of exclusive use, needless to say I love the things.
All the other top end stuff Provari Poldiac are gathering dust, iStick is easy for me to use and fits nice in the hand and pocket.
I highly recommend this little bugger. I also believe threading problems are due to the fact that each manufacturer has its own or slightly different threading tools also some use stainless.
Its my opinion and believe iStick was designed around their own toppers, that's why I use Nautilus.
10 stars from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread