Eleaf istick connector poll

How is your istick connector?

• The connector on my istick is fine and works as it should.

• The threads on my istick were faulty out of the box.

• The threads on my istick have become sloppy with use.

• My topper won't fire if it is screwed on snugly, it has to be loose to fire.

• I don't even have an istick, I just like polls.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will admit I have only had mine a few days but love, Love, LOVE IT~ I figure if the connector gets sloppy I'll just buy another. I have several variable Spinners that I love and use the Kanger Mini for all my tanks so far. I do have an Innokin iTaste and love it as well but it is just too big and bulky for me to haul around. The eleaf solves that problem for me and once I get a couple of variable airflow tanks, I am going to buy a couple more eLeafs for sure~

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
All of a sudden my iStick isn't working, got it for xmas. I've changed coils I believe 2x with no issues at all.

Went to replace coil today and it's not registering. Keeps saying there isn't a connection, when I've been using the same tank/coil since getting it.

I tried pulling up the base on the iStick as I read it may work on here, it didn't for me.

Finally I pulled up the pin on the coil plug and the OHM's are registering, but not on a full, tight connection. When I do that it's back to 0.0 OHM.

I really was happy with this one, no hiccups until now. I tried other coils, same thing.

Any opinions what to do? I got mine off Ebay, it's legit. Ready to look at or if there is a return policy. I wanted something easy, so sick of futzing with all this crud.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!!

op22222

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
South Western, PA USA
All of a sudden my iStick isn't working, got it for xmas. I've changed coils I believe 2x with no issues at all.

Went to replace coil today and it's not registering. Keeps saying there isn't a connection, when I've been using the same tank/coil since getting it.

I tried pulling up the base on the iStick as I read it may work on here, it didn't for me.

Finally I pulled up the pin on the coil plug and the OHM's are registering, but not on a full, tight connection. When I do that it's back to 0.0 OHM.

I really was happy with this one, no hiccups until now. I tried other coils, same thing.

Any opinions what to do? I got mine off Ebay, it's legit. Ready to look at or if there is a return policy. I wanted something easy, so sick of futzing with all this crud.

Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance!!

Here's an older post from the istick thread....hope this helps?

Quote Originally Posted by emmsma View Post
Discovered last night the pin on the iStick is way shorter than the MVP's. I lifted the pin out fully from the body of the stick til I saw the attached wires and hadn't gotten it above the 510 well. I couldn't find purchase enough to hold the pin stable to get the oring on.

So I have an unusable blue iStick. I was able to get the pin back into place. Going to try heading over to the local B&M, but never having been, I'm not sure if they'll be able/willing to help.

I'm a very sad vaper this morning.
I wouldn't give up so easily. I repaired mine last night with the O-Ring fix, so I know for a fact that it can be done, and I'm not technical or anything. It took me quite a while to get that center pin to come out far enough. I just worked it out with a small flathead screwdriver from an eyeglass repair kit. Eventually it it got to around the edge of the 510 threading, with the attached wire exposed. Then getting the O-ring on was a challenge, but I put half of the ring on, then grabbed it with some thin tweezers, while pushing the other end down with the screwdriver. Probably took me 20 minutes to complete the process.

You just need to go to to Lowes or Home Depot and grab Danco #60 O-Ring 10 pack for around $3. It can be done, and if you really think the iStick is unusable, you really have nothing to lose by trying again.

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
Starting to think we are being used a guinea pigs here. Truly. They were so HYPED that no one here was not interested. Is that what is going on?? I just received a reply from my Ebay seller saying they'll take it back, but they didn't imply what they would do, replace or a refund?? Now with much research I'm seeing other tanks like this, also. I'm still a beginner, as I call myself even though I know how to do my own coils/wicks etc.. I just want a vape that I don't have to get a migraine over!! Is that too much to ask?? (This thing was pushed like the next new chocolate that came out or something!!!!)

PinkEgoTUser

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
CA
MrsMac, it's BT2 again. If you buy at a B&M, you could open it up right there and check that you got good threads....and no worries. I personally order almost everything online with about 95% success. If I got an istick with poor threads out of the box, I'd return it without trying my own fix.

The material is soft, so I am just careful when threading on my toppers.

All that said I still highly recommend this device. I am a noob myself, and this little istick has been worlds above the VV ego device I was using before. I think this manufacturer has probably turned out the occasional dud, but you'll find that's true of many different mods..... Most are much higher priced.

Do your homework till you are totally confident that this is the best for you. That's what I did....I watched this thread for a month before pulling the trigger on the istick. Hope you find what suits your needs!

I did my homework as well, read everything about it and decided this was the present I wanted from my Hubby. :)

I liked mine out of the box (even though this seller said they had all colors, wanted pink, got blue), but I broke my own rule that I use on everything, medications, ANYTHING super hyped, like this one, fads, anything THIS new... NEVER try until the bugs have been worked out. I got mine off Ebay, so now I have to return it, then they'll send it to the company for inspection then ..... who knows! I don't want another one, actually. I'll wait until they fix the issue, my case seems no pin so no connection, when I changed out the first coil. Tried 4 more and same issue. Too bad, liked it. I'm happy :) that most have had no issues, that is great!!!

Hi MarkDec. Let me explain. The istick comes with a simple screw-in 501 to ego adaptor (which DOES have a slightly adjustable pin.) I also own the bending adaptor (of course this has a sprung pin or else it wouldn't work!) which I purchased separately. I have the Bender permanently screwed into the eleaf threads. I then have the INCLUDED 501 to ego adaptor screwed into the Bender.. Then I can mount a mini protank neatly onto that or use a beauty ring with a full-sized protank. This looks great and works well to protect all threads without adding a lot of height or weight. It really is worth reading posts properly before you flame people. I am fairly new to the forum but I've been vaping for about five years and have at least some idea of what I am talking about.. I've reviewed the istick in several places online and it has been the only power source I've been using to vape for the last 6 to 8 weeks. I include a photo of my rig with a big Protank fitted - to show what I mean. Some will prefer to just screw an atty straight into the istick. I prefer this as it just works better.

So then the bending adaptor works well with the 510 adaptor pretty good? Cuz I'm thinking the bending adaptor is a must for saving my isticks threading and keeping it nice and safe when stored.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread