Eleaf pico 75 w/ Melo 3 mini Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
So I just purchased this kit. Stupidly I did not realize it was a sub ohm tank ( I'm not a fan of sub ohming). But that's a different post all together I suppose. So without getting off topic, I've been trying to lock the resistance of my coil (as instructed in the manual), but something isn't seeming right. It tells me to push the fire button "up and down" simultaneously with up & down buttons, but when I do this it just fires and keeps changing voltage, obviously, bc essentially that's what Im telling it to do. Any help? I know I shouldn't let the coil get hot b4 locking in the resistance, but when it keeps firing during this process my coil obviously gets hot & it's going to get an incorrect reading. So am I just doing this wrong or have it misinterpreted the instructions all together? So far I haven't the "lock" sign displayed on the screen as im supposed to. It doesn't lock it all. How do I lock coil resistance?

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
Well, for starters, the coils that come with the Melo 3 aren't temperature control coils (TC). These should only be used in VW mode. You don't lock the resistance in any mode other than TC.
Thanks Ed! I'd somewhat gathered this along my trial and error. And since the coils included give no information on labeling or in the instruction booklet, I figured my safest bet was to stick with VW. Any suggestions on what type of coils to get? Keep in my I'm not a power seeker as far as vaping goes. I prefer high ohm vaping (around 1.8 ohms) butsince eleaf EC heads don't come in that resistance, I was considering using an aspire triton 1.8 coil instead. I'm wondering if the TC feature on my pico might help me achieve a lighter vape than the stock coil can offer since it's not TC compatible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
What did you vape prior to the melo... the only coil I have found for the Melo is the .7ohm twisted coil I wrapped myself. I have tried several different store bought coils from nickel to nichrome... in different ohm rates. But call below 1ohm. Want to find some 1 to 1.5 ohm coil for the melo.

Currently using my Kayfuns with stainless coils. While I experiment with hand made coils fir the Melo and shop for a Geni tank.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Kat Eyez

ECF Veteran
I believe aspire triton coils will fit melo and they go between 1 and 1.5 I believe.
Prior to melo I was using zmax with Kanger aerotank. It's ancient which is why I upgraded, but unless I can figure out how to drop intensity of the melo / pico combo, I'm going to keep looking for something high ohm that handles low watts to my taste.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Frankly, the Melo isn't going to be your best MTL experience no matter what coil you use, but it can be dialed down pretty far and I guess make a passable MTL tank with the right coils. I second the 1.8 Triton coils... not Triton Mini.

You could also just continue using your old tank on your Pico. Or get some kind of Nautilus, which are meant for MTL, and the technology is certainly newer than your old Kanger tank.

FishingBuffalo

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2012
Collinsville,TX
The 1.8 Aspire Triton coils will give a decent MTL experience as the center hole through the coil is smaller than subohm coils. Most TC coils for these types of tank have too much airflow though the center as the coils, even using Ni200, Titanium, or SS are large diameter inside not good for MTL due to too much air. I would love to see a Ni200 coil with reduced air for MTL myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread