Eleaf TC 40W Issues with Subtank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus337

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
I've recently picked up the eleaf 40W TC mod for work for potability. However I'm having a real problem with the Kanger Subtank and the Ni coils on this device. The problem seems to be that the device doesn't seem to be able to read and lock the resistance correctly in TC mode.

For eaxample, I just installed new coil, resistance read .15 Ohms I then locked the resistance, but as soon as a I press the fire button it reads .11 Ohms. However if I switch back to VW mode it reads .15 again.

This is my second device, the first one did exactly the same, so im wondering if it is a problem with the Kanger subtank and coils.

Angus337

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
I tied the GS Tank last night and had the same issue so appears to be a problem with the mod.

After a lot of messing about, taking the subtank on and off, locking and unlocking resistance etc. I finally managed to get it to ask for new coil or same coil and managed to lock the resistance at .15 ohms. At this settings it seemed to give an ok vape at about 480F

About an hour later it was showing .11 ohms again and I could barley get it to vape below 580F.

Definitely seems to be an issue with the mod. It's a pity because the form factor is perfect for work.

Angus337

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
So tried another unit in a different shop, this time an Eleaf branded unit rather the the TECC Curve that I've been using and it seemed to work fine with the subtank.
Swapping the tank between the two showed .15 ohms on the Eleaf unit and .11 ohms on the TECC unit.
Not sure if this is going to be an issue with all the TECC units or just a bad batch.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Same here using the Lemo 2 (Leako), on an ohm reader came out as 0.33 ohms. Tried it on my DNA 40, same 0.33 ohms. With the istick tc40 read 0.21 ohms (locked) & after a little use dropped to 0.18. I do like the portability of it but it's worthless as an ohms reader in tc.

Mine was doing the same thing,and was worthless in TC. The place i bought it from is sending me a new one. See if you can get a replacement perhaps?

Sakurai

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2014
Japan
Mine was doing the same thing,and was worthless in TC. The place i bought it from is sending me a new one. See if you can get a replacement perhaps?

Thank you for the suggestion.
Though not really worth my time especially since eleaf's warranty/guarantees are BS... but I will start questioning reviewer's in the future about specifics or wait for a P. Busardo review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread