EPDCC (E-Power Dual Coil Carto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Aurora, CO
Why not follow my review of the ePower 14650 with a look at the smoktek SMOK ePower LR 1.5 dual coil carto. When I got my ultimate ePower kit, it came with more than I knew what to do with, I saw these beasts and wrote them off as some strange attachment I had no use for. I couldn't have been farther from the truth, I busted the soft rubber mouth piece off these and saw an absurd amount of polyfill just begging to get filled.

It took about 6ml of juice to fill one, and all I could think is this thing better not be DOA, fired it up, and was so suprised. Copious amounts of vapor, amazing flavor, and some of the best TH I've had with this juice, pure vaping heaven...I've even put it on an Ego 650mAH battery for laughs (carto is bigger than the battery in every dimension lol). It has put my XL LR dual coils to shame, and made me just about forget about the Boge LRs I loved so much, I still use both because 6ml of juice is a heafy investment, but when I need to remind myself why I wanted an ePower I just throw this bad boy on and it all comes rushing back.

The pull on this is real easy going, so you shouldn't have to strain yourself (or your cheeks) to get it rocking. The large carto has a large heating area, meaning more vapor produced in less time, also making it less likely to burn up through regular use. I have to make myself take it easy on these just so I don't let my other gear get jealous, or go unused completely.

The bad? Well the thing is huge, for starters, and that alone might turn some people off to this wonder. When thrown on my ePower 14650 it makes for a total length of about 172mm with the tip. Speaking of the tip, I really don't like the soft rubber tip. It comes off in my pocket easily, and when I'm trying to work with my hands I have a large phallic like object flopping around in my face...not the best feeling in the world. The only other negative thing I have to say about the EPDCC is that it sucks up 6ml of whatever you want to fill it with, which is fine if you know what you're in the mood for, but once it's in there it wont be leaving until you use it, or wash it out...and that's a lot of juice.

Specs:
~17mm diameter
56mm long without the tip (83mm with)
1.5ohm dual coil

All in all I think this is a great product, the negatives are mostly personal preference, and the soft rubber tip can be replaced with an anodized tip carried by a few suppliers (I currently have one on the way myself). If you know what you like to vape, or if you want to by a few (I own 2 and have 3 more on the way) then you'll be fine. If you had 6 you could take just about any sampler out of the box and have 6 sample cartos and a bunch of empty bottles...lol.

Seriously though, great vape, great flavor, great value. I recommend it to anyone who's been looking to take it up a notch, at about 3 dollars they can't be beat.

SalO

Feb 9, 2012
Detroit, Michigan
This is well thoughtout review. I came on the site today to do my own review of this product and you really said it all.
I bought the E-power 14650 because of the replacable button and batteries. I did not use the E-Power Dual Coil Carto because I was into the clearomizers. I was trying to get away from polyfil. With all th gurgle and leaks and crack in clearomizers my quest for something that was well built that I could also recommend to family was on. I saw this in the box and said what the heck. I'm really impressed and would recommend this to friends and family. I like the rubber tip, It grew on me and I'm getting used to the size too. You can put it in your pocket and its not going to break. Get the e-ppower kit with these cartos but buy a nice dual charger. The kit I got the charger was real cheap. After looking for a year for something you dont have to mess with actually works great, this is it, I highly recommend this product! I have been e-cigs for over a year and have two boxes of junk to finally have something I can recommeend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread