Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloud Junky

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Texas, USA
It happened to me this morning. The asswipe accused me of doing drugs, even made me do a sobriety test. Never did drugs, even when I was younger (I'm 52). After the crap that ..... put me through, I made the decision to file a complaint. vaping isn't illegal, but the cops behavior was in they greyzone as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else had to deal with crap like this?

Crappy situation, In Chicago you will be surprised what a cool looking mod the crackheads are using. I guess he is just doing his job?? I hope they pull me over for vaping they will find an FNH FiveSeven lingering with a 20 round magizine in my console...Ha

CassiusCloud

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2014
U.S.
We have state, county and local police stations all right by the vape shop in town square..
They are pretty aware of what vaping is since the owner is pretty well known..
I've been waving to the cops here for years because they know my jeep..
Still wave to them when i'm vaping,so i don't think it's really a problem here..

it's kind of a small town,and a lot of people are making the switch over..

my son was at a party this weekend and he said ,dad everyone but one guy was vaping..
The one guy smoking used to vape..he said when he would have a smoke ,he would step outside saying,i know the routine,be back in a minute.lol

anyways,i think the cops here have been seeing more vaping to know it's probably someone vaping rather than smoking pot or whatever right in front of them hehehe

coalyard

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Rome, NY, USA

Oh, I hope I get pulled over for that. Please, please, please. The officer in question better mind his manners though. I have held a license for 35 years without so much as a speeding ticket, I don't drink, and I don't use drugs. Make my day. I am respectful and I generally support the police, but sometimes they need to be reminded of exactly what their function in a community is.

PrimeKB

Apr 3, 2014
Urbandale, IA
Not cool man. That sounds illegal for them to do.

I'd fight it personally. I'd do everything I could to see that cop lose his job.

Thankfully, the electronic device thing here only accounts for communication devices. And not only that, you have to be either 16-18 years old or younger, or have an instruction permit/restricted license for it to be illegal. All fully licensed adults can use electronic devices/cellphones. Texting while driving is the only thing that is illegal here

Last edited:

Moaufan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Richland, Ga. USA
I guess I'm lucky. I live in a small South Georgia county. One of the Sheriff's radio operators asked me to help get her first set up. Since doing so I've also helped 2 of the patrol officers start too. One is already into building his own box mods. The more law enforcement officers that start vaping the better it will be.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Never got pulled over for vaping, sounds extreme to me. Last time I was pulled over was on my motorcycle, and he let me off easy and only wrote up for 16mph over to 70 limit. But that was when he was able to catch up to clock me on my Warrior, and had slowed down considerably after doing a hole shot onto the freeway. But no, never for vaping.

EagleGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Hammonton NJ
This is going to be a problem more and more so in the future because of the growing popularity of vape pens for {OTHER STUFF}. Cops are well aware these things are out there and are being used everywhere now. I never heard of {OTHER STUFF} pens until last year when a friend turned me on to one last year. :vapor: People do this a lot more on the west coast where [MODERATED] is more available but its now made its way east. I work on a college campus in NJ and I own one of these pens and its like owning a new car, when you get one you start to notice others with it.. I see students hitting the pen all the time. To most people they think its a ecig. Just careful cause we now will be getting looked at more and more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cadius

Jun 13, 2013
Athens TN USA
Yes!! I got stopped by a state trooper when he saw me taking a vape off my hammer mod. I wasn't that surprised though because the mod does look like a pipe especially from a distance. When I showed him the hammer I found out that he too was a vaper. After that he was really cool we got to talking about the different mods we had. But he did say that he thought I was puffing on a "pot pipe" so he said don't be surprised if it happens again. Nice cop though. Nice cops are a rare breed these days.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
i have not but i often think about it when vaping and driving, theres a case in upstate new york that a driver was accused of being on his cellphone but turns out it was a vape, cop still wrote the man a ticket and i believe its in appeals court as of now. if anyone could link the story thatd be great!

found it!
New York Man Earns Traffic Ticket for Vaping Behind the Wheel - ChurnMag

you have got to be kidding.... so I guess using a flashlight is a ticket offence too ???

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
... Who uses a flashlight while driving????:blink:

Rinky-dink home security outfits. A house down the street had a service a few years back with a guy driving around in a white Geo Metro flashing his light at the address numbers to be sure he found the right one. The company's logo was proudly printed on the door.

Plez

Apr 12, 2014
Illinois
Last week. I was in Chicago during Vape Bash. (Sadly I did not attend.) I had just left Vape, a B&M on western ave. Using a mec, loving the new juice when..... One of the city's "finest" pulled a u turn to site me for DWI & possession. Unfortunately for him the search yielded no contraband. He proceeded to tell me I should just use one that's looks lie a cigarette when out in public. "Save the other paraphernalia for home use." I kindly reminded him it was as yet a free country, and I may do as I please. This really got him going. I forget that I live in a police state sometimes.
I find all this extremely funny. I drive a semi all over the city every night. I bring my Vamo with a kayfun 3.1 on top. It's like 10" long! I've never been looked at twice. Perhaps he doesn't know the difference between a head shop & a vape store.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I think it is extremely rare as the vast majority of police know about and understand what vaping is and is not. I interact with police and deputies regularly and the only thing they ask me is where they can get what I am vaping with.

But there are "storm-trooper" cops like the one you encountered, unfortunately. I'm glad you reported him. Let us know if anything comes out of your reporting him although I highly doubt anything will. They always protect their own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread