Ever been pulled over by a cop for Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got pulled over about two weeks ago for vaping While Driving, but for a slightly different reason than most have mentioned. I got pulled over because I had my mod in my left hand resting on the steering wheel, while I was shifting with my right hand. When I stopped and the officer came up to my window, his statement was "I saw everything on the steering wheel except your hands". Didn't receive a ticket, but did remind me that hands need to be on the wheel.

Sublimefly

Feb 26, 2013
United States
I was once pulled over for vaping, someone on the highway saw my evic and apparently thought it was a laser pointer. They called the police and I was pulled over just after leaving the turnpike. The person went so far as to follow me till I was pulled over. 6 cops and a lot of questions later I was back on my way. On top of that I ran into one of the cops in my local B&M. Apparently two of them had been in since they pulled me over and told the owner of the shop, whom I'm friendly with my story lol. I was there when one came in with his wife to get her on an ecig lol. They didn't think it was drugs for more than a second or two and believed me when I told them what it was.

Didn't get pulled over but did have a sheriff walk up to my truck when he saw me vaping in a Lowe's parking lot.
Co-worker was in the store and I was sitting there waiting for him when the sheriff walked up and taped on the window.
I thought I was about to get the third degree but he pulled his evod out of his pocket and asked if I happened to have any juice.
He had ran out and all the B&Ms were closed.
I filled his tank for him and he offered to pay for it but I didn't take it.
The look on my buddies face when he saw a sheriff at my truck puffing away and talking to me was priceless!

op22222

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
South Western, PA USA
Lately when I'm out in public or driving I feel like I have to explain myself to everybody. Vaping gets a lot of bad press. I think it's mostly the tobacco companies that twist the truth to keep their sales up. Most people would do the same if their jobs were on the line, so why should big tobacco be any different.

DonMac

Dec 3, 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
There are no laws that I am aware of that prohibit vaping while driving. Any agency that writes a citation for using an electronic vaping device (dripping excluded) while driving is mis-interpreting the law and the intent of the law. Officers who pull vaping drivers over, are probably simply ignorant of what it is.
I recently, while stopped at a light, noted the officer in the police car next to me apparently smoking. When I saw the red LED at the end of his cig, I held up my Vamo and smiled, to which he gave a thumbs up. Not all officers are ignorant of vaping.

Last edited:

Bree1978

Apr 14, 2014
Ohio, USA
Got yelled at by a nurse last week, lol

My was mom in the hospital a lot recently and the ICU nurses didn't care that my mom vaped there. They were actually supportive....didn't even suggest a patch or anything instead. They thought she had stomach cancer at the time (she has Lymphatic). At chemo they don't mind it either. But I am sure that might have something to do with how many people they see die of lung cancer everyday and know that this just may save lives.

MsAgro

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2014
The land of ruby slippers, USA
Yup. I've been pulled over by three different agencies in my metro since January. I'm often seen in wretched parts of town and am a chronic lead foot... One of them mistook my MVP for a small cell phone, the others though it might be "other stuff". They were all nice and I was sent on my way within minutes without issue and a warning to use the gas pedal sparingly. I frankly don't mind the questions about my MVP and use it as a chance to educate about vaping.

My husband is an officer and vapes on the job, and there are a few other co workers that do too. It's no biggie for our crew. My hubby would be more apt to ask you where you bought your setup and how you like it. That being said... If you are vaping and get pulled over in our neck of the woods, it's for other reasons not vaping related.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

WaynesWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2014
West Central, MN
I've seen post talking about carrying a "Card" to help explain what vaping is. My Modified Evod did not come with any instructions or info and since I'm in sales and travel 4 states and over 70,000 miles a year, I'm sure somewhere down the line I'll get pulled over. Does anyone have a copy I could copy or know where I can get this info? ... Thanks

Burn_notice_fan_NY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ithaca, NY, USA
I've seen post talking about carrying a "Card" to help explain what vaping is. My Modified Evod did not come with any instructions or info and since I'm in sales and travel 4 states and over 70,000 miles a year, I'm sure somewhere down the line I'll get pulled over. Does anyone have a copy I could copy or know where I can get this info? ... Thanks
CASAA Printable Material

That should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread