eVic VTwo mini Temperature Control problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham21474

May 31, 2017
Greetings,

I am experiencing an issue with my eVic VTwo Mini that I bought recently.
I cannot make the Temperature Mode work correctly.
I am using Stainless Steel 316 wire, an I have also tried with Ni wire.
Everything seems set correctly, the atomizer is detected and Ohms are correct, I set the desired temperature and wattage that I wish to use in Temp mode. But when I press the fire button, the evic fires and on the screen its constant 21Celsius and the wattage is set at 30watts. It basically just fires at 30watts, regardless of the atomizer or coil I have or setting in Temp menu.
As soon as I press the button it ignores my settings. I have looked at the screen while puffing and the temperature displayed apparently rises somewhat occasionally while I inhale but 90 percent of the time it just shows 21C and fixed 30wats when I press the fire button. I have tried ever possible thing I could think of, every setting, it just doesn't seem to work any way other than what I have described :(
I was really looking forward to using this mode, thats one of the reasons I bought this eVic. My firmware is V4.02.

Please help me if you have any advice or suggestion or know why is this happening and how to make it work.

Thank you

P.S.

I have also tried setting the TCR myself and its still the same, stuck at 30wats and 21C

Graham21474

May 31, 2017
Yes, everything else works just fine, and it does produce vapor , but like I said it always fires at 30watts in TC mode and shows 21C, regardless of what I set. I have tried 1.3 coil,and then I tried a 0.6 Ohm single coil, Im using kayfun and Tsunami rda. Dont know if I should upgrade firmware to latest maybe that helps it. I dont like the look of new 5.04 firmware, maybe I will try some custom firmware, Im just afraid of making something worse

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I thought my VTwo Mini was a freak, so it's interesting to hear of another with a 21 C fixation. The TC works fine, though. It seems to be a display issue for me. The temperature climbs to my settings, Temperature Protection kicks in, and then the display will switch between Temp Protection, 21 C and a temp slightly below where I've set it. Sometimes it sticks on 21 C but I can see the wattage adjusting. As far as I can tell, it shows 21 C when Temp Protection is on.

Are you sure the TC isn't working? I'd think a 1.3 ohm coil would overheat pretty quickly at 30 W without it.

For what it's worth, I'm using a Kayfun 5 with a SS316L 1.21 ohm coil. I upgraded the firmware a few days ago and it seems to be happening a lot less, although I still see my old friend 21 C on rare occasions.

joyetech still has the 4.02 firmware up, so you might be able to upgrade to 5.04 to see if it helps and go back to 4.02 if it doesn't.

Graham21474

May 31, 2017
Thanks for reply, yes, another freak 21C mod here :D. No the Temp control is definitely not working, It heats almost instantly and the wattage shows 29.9-30wats. I am not looking into the possibility I had put a wrong wire and not SS, I bought several different ones, I might have them mixed up, but the Ohms reading is correct Im sure. I will let you know in a few hours once I confirm it

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Hmm, very weird. Usually if you have the wrong wire it'll notice that something isn't right and kick you out of TC mode. It would have to be pretty close to SS316 not to do that - or it could be part of the issue with TC.

The only thing I can think of that might work is upgrading the firmware. If that's a bust, I'd be looking into returning it like @sucram said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread