eVic Primo Mini concerns >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I recieved my new eVic Primo Mini 2 days ago. Purchased from fasttech.

This mod is a replacement for an eVic VTwo Mini that has worked flawlessly for a couple of years.

I use both the Primo Mini and the VTwo Mini only in the "power" mode. The atty I use on both devices is a kayfun Lite-Plus with a 1.3 ohm coil powered to 11 watts (I am a tootle puffer).

The battery I use in both mods is an LG - HG2 18650 (3000 mAh)

While the Primo Mini works as good as the VTwo Mini, there is 2 things that bother me about it:

1. The body of the Primo Mini gets very warm after use. Note that the battery itself don't get hot ... just the body of the mod. This does not happen to the Vtwo Mini.

2. A fully charged battery only lasts about half the time in the Primo Mini that the same fully charged battery lasts in the VTwo Mini (using the same kayfun atty with the same 11 watt power setting).

BTW ... I do not use the "pre-heat" function of the Primo Mini.

Any ideas as to what's going on? .... Again, this Primo Mini is brand new and has the latest software update installed.

Thanks,
Ron

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Sorry - slow to see this & very new here, so unable to post links...

There are references to the Primo mini draining battery power a little quickly - at least one here on ECF (can you search for post 20533483 ?).

ECF may remove this: e-cigarette-forum.com/posts/20533483

It's mentioned on (dare I say) reddit, and a forum post over at Arctic Fox / NFEteam.org, where someone suspects that their Primo mini stops charging before 4.2v. I don't know if it's actually the case, but a developer replied to the effect that it's not governed by firmware.

ISTR that the Primo mini was followed by another device within a few weeks (Primo SE?). One reviewer mentioned that there may have been a board tweak, although I don't recall battery life or efficiency being compared.

RipCigs

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2015
Croatia
I have one and my girlfriend has one. Unfortunately, we were both let down by it. I also had the VTC mini which still works flawlessly, but this mod drains the battery insanely. Our drain it if its OFF over night, 50% battery gone.
Apart from that we both keep getting "Weak battery" on 50 60% battery life. This is temporarily solved by screwing the tiny screw on the battery door. Big thumbs down for Joyetech from me on that one

• Optimistic

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Have a couple in daily use. My first one did seem to drain the battery quickly - until I reset the screen timeout to a much shorter duration.

Both will easily power a KF2L through a full tank, 1.6 - 1.8 ohms, 8 - 9 watts. Tootler as well :)

Zero issues with them draining while sitting. (I typically have 10 - 12 mods going at once, different flavors, so any individual one may be a week before needing a fill.) Both from FT, btw.

No issues with the mod (not battery, but not it, either) getting hot. I suspect that either the heat is transferring down from the tank OR the unit is not quite right...

DO check that the 510 pin is clean (power off, battery out, scrub out with an alcohol moistened cotton swab. Leave ample time for it to evaporate out before re-powering.) A poor connection there can mean a lot of heat energy at that point, and an easy transfer of that heat to the rest of the mod.

Hex nut

Feb 6, 2018
Netherlands
Hi @Flt Simulation, I've been using my Primo Mini since June last year, and haven't had any issue with it so far. Only minor niggle is that the temp setting is a bit off, I generally set mine to around 190°C (375 F), which is a bit lower than on other mods.
I'm also a tootlepuffer, usually rocking Digiflavor Siren's (ss coils of around 0.9 ohm, either on TC or at about 15-ish watt), and I can easily get a day, maybe a day and a half on a fresh charge.
Aside, my batteries are Sony VTC6's that I charge externally, which may be a difference. Maybe the problem isn't the mod itself, but the battery?
Also, what firmware version are you using? Haven't had any problems with previous versions, but there is a new firmware update release (v6.07) that you could try. Software download - Joyetech
HTH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread