Expensive mods and cheap tanks, cheap mods and expensive tanks, cheap/cheap or money is no object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
That's part of my last point: If you sell only through Facebook, I can't buy your product.
And while that's just me...well, actually, it's NOT just me - not a HUGE number, but there are others...
There are definitely some mods I might have bought if they weren't facebook-only businesses.

I agree 100%.

I refuse to buy from facebook only sellers.
Unprofessional.
If you dont have enough faith in your business to get a proper biz lisc, address and phone number for your customers, then neither do I.
Buncha amateurs.

Tip number 2.
If China can clone your $200 atty and sell it for $12 RETAIL, you have made some serious mistakes.

Ill pay a little more for quality, but Im no fool, I have a manufacturing background and experience with machining parts. I wont over pay for backyard machining on soft metals.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
The prices I've paid for mods & attys has been all over the map. I vape whatever setup I'm liking the most at that time. Authentics & clones have made me quite happen.

Currently my need for new shiny stuff has fizzled. Although I did buy the Kanger Drip EZ just for the heck of it. Leaks too much for me so it's tossed somewhere until I figure out if I care enough to work out the leaking. ;)
Howdy stranger!

Hope all is well!:)

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
The most expensive piece of vaping stuff I ever bought was $35. It helps that I am a low wattage vaper.

Today Chinese manufacturing can be really good (in some instances better than "in basement" manufacturing for Facebook sales). So, I am proudly buying original box mods (Pico, Evic WTwo Mini) and clones of Kayfun 5. It looks like that even for clones price does not reflect quality - Kayfun clone for $15 is a bit better that one for $25. Machining is excellent. I do not see why I would spend money on original Kayfun. To support innovation? To support innovation by bad business people? And Chinese innovations in vaping world are the leading ones today.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I agree 100%.

I refuse to buy from facebook only sellers.
Unprofessional.
If you dont have enough faith in your business to get a proper biz lisc, address and phone number for your customers, then neither do I.
Buncha amateurs.

Tip number 2.
If China can clone your $200 atty and sell it for $12 RETAIL, you have made some serious mistakes.

Ill pay a little more for quality, but Im no fool, I have a manufacturing background and experience with machining parts. I wont over pay for backyard machining on soft metals.

I don't buy from Facebook sellers because I refuse to have a Facebook account.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I have always tried to buy quality instead of quantity, not only with vape gear but in general. I'm a contractor and experience has told me it is better to buy quality tools then the cheaper stuff and it has definitely payed off. So for me, I would rather save and buy one quality mod or tank then buy 5 cheap clone devices.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
I have always tried to buy quality instead of quantity, not only with vape gear but in general. I'm a contractor and experience has told me it is better to buy quality tools then the cheaper stuff and it has definitely payed off. So for me, I would rather save and buy one quality mod or tank then buy 5 cheap clone devices.

A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but that is no longer the case necessarily.

People need to realise that just because something is a clone, that doesn't necessarily mean it is of lower quality. It doesn't work like that in the vaping world.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
A few years ago I would have agreed with you, but that is no longer the case necessarily.

People need to realise that just because something is a clone, that doesn't necessarily mean it is of lower quality. It doesn't work like that in the vaping world.
How many posts in this thread have given their opinion towards buying cheap stuff instead of more quality stuff? Do I get all offensive and reply to their opinions ? Listen buddy everyone has their opinions and that is beautiful, but don't personally respond to my post and opinions. Do you see anyone personally responding to posts who only buy cheap stuff? You clone guys really have issues

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida

I'm the same way with just about everything I buy. After a long career working with tools, and still somewhat of a 'handyman' even in retirement, I'll still buy a professional grade tool, even if I'm only going to use it once, or if it's only for a particular job, and I need it at the time.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm the same way with just about everything I buy. After a long career working with tools, and still somewhat of a 'handyman' even in retirement, I'll still buy a professional grade tool, even if I'm only going to use it once, or if it's only for a particular job, and I need it at the time.
Totally understand and it's just something that has worked for me in general, so I tend to stick with it also in vaping. I'm not saying that you have to spend alot of money to buy quality vape gear, expensive doesn't always mean better but I do stay away from the 5.99 specials from china. Everyone is different and that's important, some have luck totally doing the opposite and that's fine, I definitely don't personally respond to their opinions disagreeing

Reactions: daviedog

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
You wrote a post and I replied. This is a forum is it not? Discussion is what we are here for surely?

If you don't want people to comment on your posts - don't write them.
No its not like that, the thread is for individual preferences and when someone tells there opinions and what they personally do, there is no right and wrong and shouldn't be argued. If you made a post here in response to the thread stating that you only buy cheap gear and would rather buy 5 items instead of one, I would never personally respond to you saying it's wrong, doesn't make sense, or that your misinformed. Once people start what you did, threads get ugly and do nothing for its original purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread