Fda regulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well we should all act based on our personal confidence levels. I am confident that the FDA is inept and moves very slowly and deliberately, and i don't even expect them to be efficient in enforcement per their calendar either, let alone ( illegally ) expedite the dates.

I am very confident that the FDA is in the pocket of BT and BP and executing their agenda in all of this. The FDA is nothing more than a tool of big money special interests in America. They take their marching orders and talking points from BT and BP. Follow the money....

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I say no, not yet. Manufacturers could introduce new products into the market until Aug 7. I will wait until September or October to see if some of the new products will be more suited to my style of vaping. If i decide to stockpile then, there will be more options.

For different opinions and suggestions :

On stockpiling after FDA deeming regulations
The Fda is not the only problem.In August,vape products will officially be considered tobacco products,and alot of us live in states where buying tobacco products online is prohibited.Yeah,i'm sure there are local shops that will still be around for a while,but i won't pay their crazy prices now,and if they know people can't buy online,then those crazy prices will just get worse.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I am very confident that the FDA is in the pocket of BT and BP and executing their agenda in all of this. The FDA is nothing more than a tool of big money special interests in America. They take their marching orders and talking points from BT and BP. Follow the money....
I think the relationship between the FDA, and the big tobacco and pharmaceutical companies is a bit more complex and nuanced than that, but regardless, we were specifically discussing whether the FDA will adhere to their own timelines, and how aggressively and successfully could they enforce them.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
The Fda is not the only problem.In August,vape products will officially be considered tobacco products,and alot of us live in states where buying tobacco products online is prohibited.Yeah,i'm sure there are local shops that will still be around for a while,but i won't pay their crazy prices now,and if they know people can't buy online,then those crazy prices will just get worse.
That is exactly why I am buying now, it could get real tough after 8-8-16, so not taking any chances on my end. Plus my state wants to tax all tobacco products 66%, ouch, getting it without that tax is a no brainer for me.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Well I feel safer with a few Provari's in my stash, so not regretting it one bit :) Now to get busy learning my rebuilding coils and I am set for whatever LOL
Got myself some rebuilding supplies as well. Hoping I don't have to build just yet, planned on doing it anyways just not so soon. The stuff is cheap enough though.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
That is exactly why I am buying now, it could get real tough after 8-8-16, so not taking any chances on my end. Plus my state wants to tax all tobacco products 66%, ouch, getting it without that tax is a no brainer for me.
Keep receipts too. Proof of when purchased. ;)

Reactions: bnrkwest

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Got myself some rebuilding supplies as well. Hoping I don't have to build just yet, planned on doing it anyways just not so soon. The stuff is cheap enough though.
I never planned on rebuilding either, but oh well no time like the resent :) It does make me feel pretty independent tho, so I may love it!

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
That is a very good point, and one that is not discussed enough, neither here on ECF or by the so called advocates. I need to do more research on it !

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I do have a bunch of old stuff too including cig a likes i collected early on, so I have quite a bit to use until those die. But I think basically what one needs is nic, mods with replaceable batts and rebuild-able tanks, drippers etc. The rest can be bought even after 8-8.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Well I feel safer with a few Provari's in my stash, so not regretting it one bit :) Now to get busy learning my rebuilding coils and I am set for whatever LOL
Did you check out the "specials" section, ProVari's for 35$, they have never been as affordable as that before!Specials of the week

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I did get a Provari mini for $35 and also got the blem P3, I also have an older mini in my stash, so I think I am good to go :) My hubby asked me if I have enough stash and for how many years, I told him 9 yrs but double that if I drop my nic level. He said ok if you die give me a number that I can contact to sell all this stash! LOL He is too funny :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
How things can change overnight- My experience with buying smokes online- I used to buy them cheap online and have them shipped to me, so easy! One day I went to order and a notice popped up- "we cannot ship to your state you cannot order." Sooooo that was it for me, I decided to quit and start vaping seriously. I had vaped 2 years earlier but the equipment pretty much sucked. So here I am 5 years later hearing that I may not be able to buy online or have vape stuff shipped, so me, I am stocking up! Been there before and it can happen in a second.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
I did get a Provari mini for $35 and also got the blem P3, I also have an older mini in my stash, so I think I am good to go :) My hubby asked me if I have enough stash and for how many years, I told him 9 yrs but double that if I drop my nic level. He said ok if you die give me a number that I can contact to sell all this stash! LOL He is too funny :)
Lol, I'm old and the stockpile I'm working on may outlast me. I was thinking last night I should find someone for my sister to contact should such a thing a happen.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Lol, I'm old and the stockpile I'm working on may outlast me. I was thinking last night I should find someone for my sister to contact should such a thing a happen.
I'm no spring chicken either, so my stash may outlive me :)

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I'm no spring chicken either, so my stash may outlive me :)

I was just thinking about estate sales, no one will know what all this vape stuff is and it will be sold in box of junk for 50 cents and end up on ebay as "Not sure what this is, some vintage flashlight?? from an estate sale. All sales are final" LOL

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I think the relationship between the FDA, and the big tobacco and pharmaceutical companies is a bit more complex and nuanced than that, but regardless, we were specifically discussing whether the FDA will adhere to their own timelines, and how aggressively and successfully could they enforce them.

They will enforce them and pursue them as BT and BP tell them to. That's whose pocket they are in, and that's who owns them.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
They will enforce them and pursue them as BT and BP tell them to. That's whose pocket they are in, and that's who owns them.

Somebody should make a meme of Zel Miller standing there with BT over his shoulder with a caption saying "his masters voice"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread