Not open for further replies.

Maddoktor2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Seattle Area
ecigzilla.com
Hi, folks. :)

In this installment of my "First Impressions" series, today I'm going to have a look at, and taste of, five pawns, a relatively new vendor on the scene. Currently, they only supply B&Ms, but are planning on expanding into online sales.

The juices I will be reviewing today are the 'Absolute Pin', and the 'Gambit'. Both were a 50PG/50VG mix with a nic strength of 18mg/ml. These free samples were sent out to members of Reddit upon request as a promotion for the upcoming five pawns online storefront launch.

Without further ado, let's get down to business:

Preparation:

For testing purposes, a brand new 306 atomizer sporting a Cannon Drip Tip was used with the Absolute Pin, and my freshly cleaned trusty Vision Eternity RBA was used for the Gambit, first in drip mode, and then in tank mode.

First impressions:

The Bottles:

The samples are 4ml glass bottles with glass dropper caps. They are not child-proof, so taking appropriate precautions is strongly recommended if you have pets and/or small children. The labels resemble aged parchment. This is a very attractive presentation.

First hit:

Absolute Pin:

Let me start off by saying that I'm not a huge licorice fan, but despite the Absinthe I was pleasantly surprised. The licorice flavor is not overpowering, but boy, does it make its presence known! The hint of Irish Cream really mellows the bite of the Absinthe, and together, they make a surprisingly tasty combination. Like I said, I'm not a huge fan of licorice, but when presented in this fashion, I actually quite liked it. The Cinnamon Spice and Caramel undertones were also very noticeable, and only added to the flavor of this very complex blend.
If you like licorice, you are going to love this juice.

Gambit:

This juice is fantastic! It tastes exactly like a scrumptious mouth watering forkful of fresh Apple Pie a la mode with a properly caramelized sweet sugary and buttery crust, topped with a heaping scoop of rich and creamy Vanilla Ice Cream, and slathered generously with Whipped Cream. You can actually taste the Vanilla, Sugar, Cinnamon, and Butter wedges mixed into to the apple filling before the pie's crust is laced over it. Yum!
I just cannot recommend this one enough. This is a very intricate juice with many complex flavoring hints and subtle undertones of sweet Apples, Sugar, Caramel, Vanilla, Cinnamon, and Butter, all baked together into a delicious Apple Pie that your Grandma would be envious of, and topped with Vanilla Ice Cream and Whipped Cream. I absolutely loved it, and so will you. A bottle of this isn't going to last very long at all, so make sure you get at least two of them!

Conclusion:

Vapor production is as expected with a 50/50 blend. For 18mg juice, the Throat Hit is okay, but I normally vape 24mg, so that factor needs to be taken into consideration as well. Of course, YMMV.

Bottom Line:

Five Pawns is definitely a vendor to keep an eye on. They are off to a roaring start, and I predict that they will only get better as their inventory and flavor selection expands to meet demand. Here's hoping for the full Chess Set eventually, and not just part of the front line!

Cheers, and Happy Vaping, everyone! :)

I have to agree!-
I bought a bottle of Gambit yesterday after sampling the entire line at a local shop. I can already tell it's gonna be one of my staples. They only sell 30ml bottles, nothing smaller. It's pricey ($27) but the flavor is fantastic, very impressed. Currently vaping it at 3.7v using a 510 low res carto on an Empire mod. Looking forward to vaping at a little higher voltage to see how the flavor changes.

I was also very impressed by The Queenside, just didn't want to throw down another $27.

They have a cool marketing image....but that doesn't change the flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread