Not open for further replies.

bilboda

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
Miami, FL
Seeing the gaps in the coils, I am thinking hot spots too. Anemic production also makes me think of uneven coils.
It's also too many wraps for my liking. Gonna take of time a bit to ramp up.
An old school wrap on silica, no coils touching, etc, can yield a fine vape. Just be sure the resistance of each coil is equal.

If your original build was a 1.7 ohm dual coil with 28 gauge, that means that you either had two MASSIVE coils or you had a poor connection on one of the posts because the screw wasn't tightened down properly. If your coils have too much mass, then your heat flux will be too low, which means that the coils will heat up too slowly and this will result in a cooler vape at lower wattages. I'm guessing it was more likely the latter and your post screws weren't tight enough. If that's the case, then the coils will heat up unevenly or poorly. This is why you have to dry fire the coils before you add the wick.

Bootsand

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2010
Ohio
UPDATE: After several tweaks and variations, I have a eureka moment, a VERY amazing vape, and I'm overflowing with gratitude for all the help.

You guys are just the best.

Success was found in a single coil 1.5 ohm microcoil w/28g kanthal 80/20 VG/PG blend at around 4mg nic, very light on flavoring.

<3 you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread