Not open for further replies.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Looking for some squonking RDAs - single coil.

I like an extra airy mtl vape, which would be a restricted lung hit for normal people.

So far I've bookmarked the GAS Mod Nixon S rda. And maybe the geekvape Ammit mtl rda.

The only rda I have is an Hadaly clone. Great flavour which I use for testing flavours. Plenty of experience in building RTAs - zero experience in building bf RDAs ;)

• Love
    Reactions: Letitia

jandrew

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2013
    Winnipeg
    I'll put up two you might like:
    the Cthuhlu 1928 MTL RDA --- has a good range of airflow by adjusting the cap, from tight (but not super tight) MTL to RDL. I use it for dripping rather than squonking (it has a generously sized juice well), and is designed to be relatively resistant to leaking/flooding/over-squonking.

The Galaxies MTL RDA --- also a reasonable range of airflow by adjusting the cap, but perhaps not quite as open as the 1928. Airflow can be further fine tuned via grub screws on the deck to open/close the airflow channels. This has a shallower juice well which I find more conducive to squonking, but is easier to oversquonk.

There's also the Berserker MTL RDA and Etna MTL RDA, both of which I really like --- however, these have airflow inserts and I've only ever used the tightest inserts, so while they look like they might go pretty loose, I simply haven't tried the looser variants.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks guys.

I've been eyeing up the vapefly holic RDA since I first saw it - looks innovative yet with an easy to build deck

holic-rda-coil-position.jpg

Vape Muppet

Apr 12, 2019
    UK
    Thanks guys.

I've been eyeing up the vapefly holic RDA since I first saw it - looks innovative yet with an easy to build deck

View attachment 813357

Looks super easy given that you'd just lay a coiling rod or screwdriver into those notches before trapping your coil. Plus the fact in addition to the AFC you've also got those rotating airflow pins to really fine tune it. And the RDA has quite a deep well should you decide you don't want to use it for squonking for whatever reason. The included firebolt cotton is supposed to be really good. I think given that you're already eyeing it up you should definitely get it. Should you hate it the muppet is willing to take the blame for encouraging you. :)

Mordacai

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    @AngeNZ, Vapefly Holic is under $20 at fasttech with MAP code at checkout. Looks like it could leak a little though if you over Squonk it, due to airflow being lower than the build deck.

Don't know if Thunderhead Creations Tauren SOLO may be of some interest, airflow can be locked down pretty tight. $18.25 if I remember rightly, at fasttech (MAP code).

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    But our Mel likes a draw similar to yours. You're just itching to catch up aren't you?!:party:

That’s what I was thinking, I’m a Classic dl atty user. And I only have a few RDAs. I have a Hadaly that I’m not in love with.

I do love the Bunkers, single coil, bottom air. Air can be adjusted to a fairly restricted dl, but I’m not sure it’s tight enough for you. $40 full pop, but I got some from fasttech with Map for about $26.

Love the Recurve too, and it seems to tighten down a smidge more.

Actually those two are very similar as far as the vape goes. The flavor is equally good in both.

I have a dead rabbit ( double, built single coil) that’s not bad but I meant to get the single. Might have liked that better. Also it requires really long tails.

And Wasp nano which is so far at the back of the pack. I like that it’s so small, but I have a hard time building the fussy little deck and the top caps are chintzy.

muth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 20, 2014
    Boston, MA, USA
    Looking for some squonking RDAs - single coil.

I like an extra airy mtl vape, which would be a restricted lung hit for normal people.

So far I've bookmarked the GAS Mod Nixon S RDA. And maybe the geekvape Ammit mtl RDA.

The only RDA I have is an Hadaly clone. Great flavour which I use for testing flavours. Plenty of experience in building RTAs - zero experience in building bf RDAs ;)
    I love both my Hadaly and Nixon. Not sure what kind of money you want to spend but the Italian designed BFs like No Fear, No Pity, etc. are great. Not sure if the clones are still available. There are some newer Italian designs I'm looking at.

Digiflavor ETNA MTL RDA | 18mm BF RDA

Dripper You can find clones of some of these.

You can also check out Fasttech:

Squonking at Fasttech: FastTech Forums

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread