Status
Not open for further replies.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
What are you flavor hounds vaping these days?

My daily go-to rda has been the Veritas built with a single, horizontal coil. It's relatively leakproof, has a generous well and just does the job while I'm out and about at work--so I'm looking for something similar but I haven't been keeping up for the last year or so. Not into cloud chasing or exotic builds. Trying to keep it simple and satisfying.

What's out there? What should I be looking at?

Yozhik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 4, 2015
Chicago, IL
What are you flavor hounds vaping these days?

My daily go-to RDA has been the Veritas built with a single, horizontal coil. It's relatively leakproof, has a generous well and just does the job while I'm out and about at work--so I'm looking for something similar but I haven't been keeping up for the last year or so. Not into cloud chasing or exotic builds. Trying to keep it simple and satisfying.

What's out there? What should I be looking at?

Do you have a budget in mind? Also are you looking at RDAs, RTAs, or both?

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
I just picked up a derringer clone by ehpro today. I must say, the flavor is great. I've heard of issues where the top cap is loose, but mines is plenty tight. I currently have a single coil nickel build in it with 28g nickel, reading at 0.17 ohms. I vape it on a DNA 40 at 520 degrees, 40 watts.

Positives: great flavor, very small RDA, I believe it's 15mm tall without my drip tip. Grub screws means a solid connection with my nickel wire. Fits every standard drip tip I own. The ehpro clone is around $20. The authentic is bout $75. Aside from the time I overdripped, it's been pretty leak proof. And the juice well is not bad, considering its height. It's a much better juice well when compared to my Mutation Xs.

Negatives: it's spit back at me when I accidentally over dripped. It also gets pretty warm, pretty quickly. My top cap is pretty tight, so removing it to drip has been a chore, especially since it's so short.

Reactions: Cloudd

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
Get the stumpy. Two post design, better flavor than the Derringer (Only an opinion) and due to how tight the o-rings you don't get any leaking unless you try. Redriping is super easy, just pop out the drip tip insert and drip. I've vaped at 115w and not had it get real hot. My only gripe is the post holes are on the smaller side, had a hell of a time getting dual twisted 26g with .4mm ribbon wrapped in the grooves but there should be no issue getting standard twisted or even simple claptons in there. Authentic is $89 but worth every penny.

Reactions: Innova

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
Higher price tag but the Viking by Tark
The Viking was one of the first bottom air designs to catch my eye, but that price tag isn't friendly at all. Pretty much everything I recommend now seems to be bottom direct airflow(best flavor IMO).

The Magma was already recommended, I'll do it again as it sounds to be right up your alley.

$12.57 Magma Styled Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 1:1 clone / stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

924 Reviews on FT and still carries a 4.7 out of 5 star rating, which is pretty much awesome. The only reason I don't own one is that I prefer slightly more airflow and dual coil, so I stick with the Kennedy.

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Veritas - nothing tastes the same as it taste in this atty. Large juice well, very leak resistant as in lay on its side without a drop lost. It is cloudy for a flavor machine, but does not produce like the fog machine atties.

Edit darn reading comprehension. you already said you have one. My next recommendation would be a Marquis

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Veritas - nothing tastes the same as it taste in this atty. Large juice well, very leak resistant as in lay on its side without a drop lost. It is cloudy for a flavor machine, but does not produce like the fog machine atties.

Edit darn reading comprehension. you already said you have one. My next recommendation would be a Marquis
Yeah, basically looking for an improvement on the Veritas and figured something would be out there but maybe not! The leak resistance is probably my favorite thing about the veritas.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tagi

mr.fabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2014
Southern Cal
For flavor:
Magma. I bought the Origen V2 Atomizer Clone from 101 vapes. It came with a recessed positive pin which is non adjustable (I found a work around that posed no real problem). Has maybe equal flavor as Magna IMO. Also has advantages and disadvantages depending on your preferences.
I recommend it.

Recessed positive pin? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Recessed positive pin? Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.
mr.fabe, if you look at the Origen V2 Atomizer brass slotted pin enclosed by the 510 thread barrel, the screw (positive pin) is recessed. On most atti's I have seen, the pin's protrudes 1/2 to a mm. or more. The pin on my Origen is recessed about 1/4mm within the 510 threaded barrel. This recess does not promote contact between positive pin and mod self adjusting pin because there is not enough adjustment (spring induced throw or travel) to contact the Origen positive pin.
I brought this to the attention of 101 vape, they refused to accept a return and did not offer any redress. I did not press the matter because my istick 30 may be at fault being the spring travel may have not been designed properly or an obstruction/hang up within the mod spring travel. The istick 30 works fine with my (3) Magma protruding positive pin RDA's without any work around adapter.

Ref my past post:
Problem with istick 50w | E-Cigarette Forum

If you have any additional questions, just hit "like" at bottom right hand corner and I will get back to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread