RDA Which RDA for DNA-40

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilmostro99

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Feltwell, Engalnd
So, I have a VaporShark rDNA 40 coming. I am planning on using my kayfun for my EDV, but would like to get an rda to play around with as well. I really don't want a clone, as they really seem to be hit or miss (quality control isn't there). I'm more into flavor than cloud chasing, but would like to be able to put out a decent cloud as well. I've kind of narrowed it down to the Veritas, and the 454. The Veritas is supposed to have the best flavor but is really expensive. The 454 is cheaper, but flavor isn't supposed to be quite as good, and honestly, I don't think I'd EVER be able to get quad coils in there using Ni-200 and keep my resistance over 0.1 ohms. It just seems that I'm paying for a feature I'll NEVER be able to use. I can afford either (as long as the wife doesn't look at the credit card bill), but would obviously like to spend as little as possible. With the Veritas at about $115, I'm not willing to spend any more than that. So I guess my questions are...
Is the Veritas worth ~$40 more than the 454?
Are there any other RDA's I should be looking at?
From what I understand, Ni-200 is difficult to build with. Would one RDA be easier to build with Ni-200 than another?

RandyF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Arizona
I have a Magma (Infinite) on my rDNA 40 and it works good, the price is hard to beat for how it performs.

Also, be prepared to be frustrated with the Kayfun on the DNA 40. I can whip up some nice coils, and while I have found some that work, it never seems to last. I have had some go from working brilliantly to barely at all from one pull to the next. I gave up and went back to kanthal, the nickel was just to unreliable. I think the problem might be that after these nickel coils break in they might need slight adjustments, which is not very convenient using a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread