Status
Not open for further replies.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I would say that most of the blended recipes I use are between 10% and 15%, though I have a couple as high as 24%, and some around 6-7%.

Recipes that are all (or mostly all) FlavourArt or Inawera ingredients are usually on the low end, since these flavours are typically more concentrated. My single flavor mixes can be anything from 3% to 20%.

dennism

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2015
Maryland
I would say that most of the blended recipes I use are between 10% and 15%, though I have a couple as high as 24%, and some around 6-7%.

Recipes that are all (or mostly all) FlavourArt or Inawera ingredients are usually on the low end, since these flavours are typically more concentrated. My single flavor mixes can be anything from 3% to 20%.
Thanks

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    0.5-5% for most devices, 4-25% for low power style vapes, although the only one I do over 20% includes 2 sweeteners, the actual flavoring is 9%. Conceivably, a combination of small amounts of several flavors could require a higher total, but the combinations I prefer increase flavor and can be unvapable unless the total flavoring is lower (i.e. it's not half as much one flavor and half as much another, but 1/5 as much of one and 1/10th as much of the other and the result is still intense).

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    Between 10-15% I use tfa ry4 double and add some e.m. crystals. I've only vaped this mix for several years now. I just drew a line around my 2 60ml bottles and I fill the bottle up to the line with flavoring. Then I sprinkle in some crystals. Then I add my nicotine base and viola. I got a bottle ready for steep. By the time I finish the other 60ml bottle the new one has darkened a bit and you can't see the crystals anymore. I shake once a day or so but this system has worked great for me over the last several years. I don't measure anything, sometimes I dump a little to many crystals in or I go over or under the line a bit but no big deal. The taste varies a bit bottle to bottle but variety is the spice of life.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I use a lowish percentage of flavoring, I use FA so far, and it's usually between 2--4% max, but I tend to be conservative with flavorings, and some just need more flavor than others. I'll be branching out into some other flavorings soon, and I plan to try some different companies, so I'm looking forward to it. I tend to make pretty uncomplicated recipes (at least, I have so far) but will sometimes blend compatible flavors in a tank--e.g. coconut and caramel for example, or mixed berries with a bit of coco, with a few reasonable swirls, things blend together rather well, if I find a combo I really like, sometimes I'll combine it in my next "juice".

I found doing it that way gives me a lot of control over finding out what I like, as well as the ability to "try" a mix and get a sense of how it will vape together before I combine it in a 40 ml bottle. I've had to pour out a few disgusting tanks, but not really any bottles of flavor. It just kind of made sense to me to do it that way, but I'm a tinkerer and I like creating my own recipes rather than following one, necessarily, and that's how I learned to cook (with a few notable exceptions) read a few cookbooks and just began playing around with the seasonings and whatnot.... :)

Also, if I hate something right out of the gate, I tend to try and make it vapable by adding sometimes the oddest stuff-- I turned my mixed berry juice into "Appalachia flavoring" by adding storebought brandy and coco and steeping it for a while, it ended up tasting really good (to me), it really cut the sheer sweetness and intensity of the flavor. Could have been horrid, but I rather liked it.

I had to wait for my tastebuds to grow back in before making the most basic of flavors and even having an idea of what might be "good" though.....

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread