Flavor West DIY flavor review

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
You were right! Definitely closer to Church. The only thing I would say is still off, Church seems to have a richer sweeter flavor. It's not bad at all though

Great, thanks for the confirmation. Do you think some sweetener or Ethyl Maltol would take this where we want it to go, Church? I'm rather new to all this, and haven't worked with any sweeteners. In fact I don't have anything but EM at home.

If Church was just FW Banana Split, AP and EM, it would be kinda make the 'Church is just FW Banana Split' a bit closer to the truth. I don't quite consider EP and EM as flavors, so FW Banana Split would be the only FLAVOR in Church...guess I can try the EM, just don't know where to start percent-wise. I'm sure I need to start low.

Reactions: Kenna

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Great, thanks for the confirmation. Do you think some sweetener or Ethyl Maltol would take this where we want it to go, Church? I'm rather new to all this, and haven't worked with any sweeteners. In fact I don't have anything but EM at home.

If Church was just FW Banana Split, AP and EM, it would be kinda make the 'Church is just FW Banana Split' a bit closer to the truth. I don't quite consider EP and EM as flavors, so FW Banana Split would be the only FLAVOR in Church...guess I can try the EM, just don't know where to start percent-wise. I'm sure I need to start low.
I was thinking the same thing, sweetener? All I have is EM also. I really need to try actual Church again. A friend of mine ordered another bottle to compare. She got it last week. I'll see her Monday. After I taste that again I'll have a better idea. I'm still vapeing my concoction right now, it is good! I just seem to recall a chocolate taste in Church, like hot fudge? Might just be in my head? I'll know more when I have the real stuff again on Monday.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA

I just tried actuall Church. Turns out my memory was correct. Their is definitely a strong chocolate taste. The FW Bannana Spit by itself is missing this. My guess is it's a FW chocolate. I was just on their site, problem is they have several chocolates o_O. After reading reviews and descriptions my best guess would be either milk chocolate or Double Dutch Chocolate ? But the good news is with Bannana Split and AP 5% that's all it's missing for a great clone! If anybody has an idea, or experience with either of these chocolates it would be helpful!

Last edited:

nadburnit

Oct 15, 2011
Louisiana
I've been using the FW Bavarian Cream with FW French Vanilla and FW Banana Split in various combinations to 20% flavor for the last year or so, and particularly like the French Vanilla and or Banana Split at about 16% and the FW Tobaccco 5% and steeped for at lest two weeks. The FW Tobaccco, 3c's, I bought two years ago 8oz bottle, not sure if it was a typo on the label, but it is my favorite tobacco flavor. I just made an order form FW and think its the one that just says Tobacco. Its a dark brown color and has no perfume flavor that I found in many Tobacco flavors. The only other tobacco flavor I have found that I like is the FW Cumrin? pipe. The Tobacco mixes great at 3 to 6% with other flavors and the Cumrin pipe is not as strong and I mix it as high as 10% in a tobacco flovor mix usually around 20% total flavor. I mix in 100ml batches with 100mg nic base so I don't need an eliquid calculator. I just put 18ml nic pg base with 15 to 22ml flavor depending on flavors and the rest VG which I buy by the Gallon online for around $26. Makes life simple. The only other flavors that I use, all FW, are Mojito, Strawberry, and Carmel Candy which I just recently tried and it is amazing. I need to reorder a Cherry flavor but can't remember which one I liked, one had a chemical taste, I think the wild cherry, I think I liked the plain Cherry. Anyway I'm going to read through some posts on this site and try to get some good leads on other good FW flavors. It seems to me that FW should put a description of the flavors on their site. I usually won't buy a new flavor unless is see several different peoples description of it and am pretty sure I'll like it. I hate throwing money away on bad tasting unfixable flavors.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
I've been using the FW Bavarian Cream with FW French Vanilla and FW Banana Split in various combinations to 20% flavor for the last year or so, and particularly like the French Vanilla and or Banana Split at about 16% and the FW Tobaccco 5% and steeped for at lest two weeks. The FW Tobaccco, 3c's, I bought two years ago 8oz bottle, not sure if it was a typo on the label, but it is my favorite tobacco flavor. I just made an order form FW and think its the one that just says Tobacco. Its a dark brown color and has no perfume flavor that I found in many Tobacco flavors. The only other tobacco flavor I have found that I like is the FW Cumrin? pipe. The Tobacco mixes great at 3 to 6% with other flavors and the Cumrin pipe is not as strong and I mix it as high as 10% in a tobacco flovor mix usually around 20% total flavor. I mix in 100ml batches with 100mg nic base so I don't need an eliquid calculator. I just put 18ml nic pg base with 15 to 22ml flavor depending on flavors and the rest VG which I buy by the Gallon online for around $26. Makes life simple. The only other flavors that I use, all FW, are Mojito, Strawberry, and Carmel Candy which I just recently tried and it is amazing. I need to reorder a Cherry flavor but can't remember which one I liked, one had a chemical taste, I think the wild cherry, I think I liked the plain Cherry. Anyway I'm going to read through some posts on this site and try to get some good leads on other good FW flavors. It seems to me that FW should put a description of the flavors on their site. I usually won't buy a new flavor unless is see several different peoples description of it and am pretty sure I'll like it. I hate throwing money away on bad tasting unfixable flavors.

I love the Wild Cherry flavor! I usually mix it at 12% and add a couple drops of sweetener and it's amazing. On the sweetener it's one drop per 5 ml of liquid that I'm making.

Where are you getting your flavors from, direct from Flavor West, DIYJuice.com, or some other place? DIYJuice.com is a subsidiary of Flavor West, they use the same flavors but in smaller quantities, 7.5 ml bottles. It's enough to give a flavor a try and see if you like it and not spend that much on it. It's more than enough to make 3 or 4 batches.

Another good one they have is called Cherry Crush. It's a blend of Black Cherry, Maraschino Cherry, and Wild Cherry.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I just got shipping info on a bunch of flavors I ordered. I was lurking ariund here to see what I could learn... I have only ever mixed single flavors. I'd like to learn about additives that will help my fruity or candy flavors out...

I ordered the unicorn vomit and I cannot wait to try itnow :)

Last edited:

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I just got shipping info on a bunch of flavors I ordered. I was lurking ariund here to see what I could learn... I have only ever mixed single flavors. I'd like to learn about additives that will help my fruity or candy flavors out...

I ordered the unicorn vomit and I cannot wait to try itnow :)
I ordered Unicorn Vomit. Tried it a couple of weeks ago. I gotta say, it wasn't for me :( I didn't really get watermelon. To me it was like Kool-Aid powder, dry before you add water ( which is an important step!) The worse part was, I could not get the flavor out of my Reo! It just stained my feed tube. I had to rinse is out several times in scalding hot water, then after running a couple other flavors through it, I finally got it out. I guess people are different. You may love it. Just MO :)

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I ordered Unicorn Vomit. Tried it a couple of weeks ago. I gotta say, it wasn't for me :( I didn't really get watermelon. To me it was like Kool-Aid powder, dry before you add water ( which is an important step!) The worse part was, I could not get the flavor out of my Reo! It just stained my feed tube. I had to rinse is out several times in scalding hot water, then after running a couple other flavors through it, I finally got it out. I guess people are different. You may love it. Just MO :)
Oh man... stained as in color stain?
I'm nervous now... lol

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Oh man... stained as in color stain?
I'm nervous now... lol
No, bad choice of words. If I remember correctly it was clear. I meant the taste would not get out! But like I said, I use Reo's, they have a sorta rubber feed tube. It just wouldn't let go of that flavor! I didn't even use it long, I just didn't care for it. Don't be worried. Give it a try, you may love it. People like different things. I just saw you liked my post when I was excited it mat taste like watermelon, I love watermelon, I vape it a lot. To me anyway, it wasn't watermelon. But a lot of people like it. You gotta try it to see what you think. Keep us posted!

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
No, bad choice of words. If I remember correctly it was clear. I meant the taste would not get out! But like I said, I use Reo's, they have a sorta rubber feed tube. It just wouldn't let go of that flavor! I didn't even use it long, I just didn't care for it. Don't be worried. Give it a try, you may love it. People like different things. I just saw you liked my post when I was excited it mat taste like watermelon, I love watermelon, I vape it a lot. To me anyway, it wasn't watermelon. But a lot of people like it. You gotta try it to see what you think. Keep us posted!
Okay, ill try it but I'll be cautious :) care to share some of your favorite watermelon e juices or recipes? I loved watermelon when I started vaping (apollo e cig juice, now I don't care for it) that was years ago but it has been years since I've tried any other watermelons. I'd love a good watermelon...

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Okay, ill try it but I'll be cautious :) care to share some of your favorite watermelon e juices or recipes? I loved watermelon when I started vaping (apollo e cig juice, now I don't care for it) that was years ago but it has been years since I've tried any other watermelons. I'd love a good watermelon...
Sure! This is the one I make all the time. It's not my recipe, I think I found it here, on ECF. Whoever created it called it "Amazing Watermelon" It is! Very simple. 15% Watermelon 9% whipped cream. I make all my juices at a 70/30 mix. This has great throat hit also. If you try it, hope you enjoy it!

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Sure! This is the one I make all the time. It's not my recipe, I think I found it here, on ECF. Whoever created it called it "Amazing Watermelon" It is! Very simple. 15% Watermelon 9% whipped cream. I make all my juices at a 70/30 mix. This has great throat hit also. If you try it, hope you enjoy it!
Easy enough... I read a lot about creams in peoples fruit recipes and it blows me away. Does the amazing watermelon taste creamy? Or does it just sweeten it up? I ask cuz I am not a fan of creams. I just found out a juice I vape almost all day everyday has cream in it and I never woulda known had he not changed the name, lol...

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Easy enough... I read a lot about creams in peoples fruit recipes and it blows me away. Does the amazing watermelon taste creamy? Or does it just sweeten it up? I ask cuz I am not a fan of creams. I just found out a juice I vape almost all day everyday has cream in it and I never woulda known had he not changed the name, lol...
I don't think it's creamy at all. See how everyone is different, I love creamy flavors. Another favorite of mine is a clone I found of Mothers Milk. Very creamy. Anyway, Amazing Watermelon is just a sweet Watermelon to me. But if you're hessiatent about the whipped cream, just skip it. I got onto watermelon after trying Highbrows Watermelon. That's just straight watermelon I think. You could just use watermelon flavor as a stand alone if you like. I'd start at the 15% and add more if you like. Probably be fine by itself.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
I don't think it's creamy at all. See how everyone is different, I love creamy flavors. Another favorite of mine is a clone I found of Mothers Milk. Very creamy. Anyway, Amazing Watermelon is just a sweet Watermelon to me. But if you're hessiatent about the whipped cream, just skip it. I got onto watermelon after trying Highbrows Watermelon. That's just straight watermelon I think. You could just use watermelon flavor as a stand alone if you like. I'd start at the 15% and add more if you like. Probably be fine by itself.
Thanks. I'll try it with and see how it goes. I appreciate the ideas and advice. :) one of the best and sometimes hardest things about vaping is all the choices we have! :)

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
Anyone here tried pink lemonade? I added a bottle on a whim with my last order, its one of two fw flavors i will have. I saw a recipe saying to use it at 10% with a bit of sweetner but a standalone lemonade flavor sounds too good to be true.
I love this straight at 15%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread