Flooded carto

Discussion in 'Cartomizer Issues' started by csaba, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. csaba

csaba Full Member

I am sure this question has been asked before, but I just can't seem to find an answer that works for me.
    My favorite dual coil tank carto from madvapes works great and I love it, but if it floods I can't fix it without dumping 5ml juice and drying it out just by putting it on a shelf for a week upside down.
    Is there a way to fix a flooded tank carto without taking the tank off?

Thanks.

2. pho

pho Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love dual coil cartos but I stopped using them in tanks because of this reason. They flood way too easily (my Boges never have that problem) and if they do, they're leaky as well :-(
    But to answer your question; I found that blowing the excess liquid out in a paper towel is a quick fix for me...

3. donnah

donnah Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I don't have this problem. I fill first with a syringe and then drip to refill.. I drip down the side, avoiding the center tube. Then I gently blow out an excess into a paper towel. I also put the condom back on the carto when refilling, let it sit a few minutes after dripping and then gently blow out any excess. I also clean my clear, dual coil cartos once by flushing them with a syringe of hot water, blowing out the water and stuffing them with paper towel/tissue and letting them sit and dry out for a few days.

4. Spazmelda

Spazmelda Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

What have you tried to fix it?

Here's what I do when I have a tank carto flood... First I hold a paper towel on the bottom pressed up tight against the battery hole. I move the paper towel around a few times to make sure all the extra juice that's going to come out gets soaked up by the towel. Then I blow (gently) on the battery end of the carto to clear the center. This usually fixes, but sometimes I have to repeat.

If you have one that just keeps leaking, another thing you can try is (before you do that stuff I listed above) slide the tank up so that the rubber caps are covering the hole. Then do the paper towel/blow thing. Once you get it cleared, vape for a while, then slide the tank back down so the hole is uncovered again. That might stop the leaking.

5. donnah

Opps! you're talking about a tank... I don't use tanks (yet) so my suggestion doesn't apply. Sorry for my misunderstanding.

6. csaba

csaba Full Member

Funny, but as I finished witing my carto started vaping like a perfect chimney. I was sucking up the extra juice with a paper towel and trying to work the inside with a cotton swab. Blowing out the extra juice from the inside with the tank pulled up should work next time it happens. I knew I can get an answer from you guys ... thanks.

7. donnah

I'm glad you figured it out and glad you posted. I've got a chibi tank coming and this might help me out with it.

8. greenman

greenman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I've never really had a problem with mine. If I'm throwing in a new carto Ill use a paper towel and blow out the excess.

: madvapes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.