Focalecig chat...Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuukon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Wyoming, USA
File a dispute with them. You'll get better service and if not, you'll get your money back. Paypal is great for helping in situations like this.

Yeah I will eventually, I just want to give Focal the benefit of the chance. This is the first time I've ordered from them, and I've heard really good things about them, but if they won't rectify the situation then I'm not going to have a choice but dispute the charge. I can't afford to just eat the $70 (the price I paid literally days before they had the flasks on sale).

halfempty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Miami, FL
Does anybody have any experience with Focalecig in regards to lost packages?

I ordered a Waidea flask clone a few weeks ago, which shipped on the 2nd. It actually made it to the US pretty quickly, and through customs even quicker. But there has been no updates on the tracking number since it left San Francisco on the 6th. After some email exchanges with Eleven from Focal, I'm starting to get concerned.

First Eleven replied with tracking information for a different package than mine.

Well that's not my package. My package shipped on the 2nd and made it through San Francisco on the 6th. After telling him about that, I got this response.

I haven't contacted my local post office yet, but I have checked on filing a missing item claim online, but the USPS won't process it due to it being an international mail item.

So basically if my package never arrives, I'm out $70.

Has anybody had better experience with Focal if/when their packages have gone missing?
Don't have experience with lost packages from Focalecig, luckily they have never lost one of mine, but if it's in the hands of the USPS a trip to the local PO might help. A search for it from within their system sometimes causes it to magically reappear. Had something similar from another vendor, and a couple of hours after I had the local PO look in their system it started moving again. Could be coincidence, but it couldn't hurt.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Eleven should be the other email address. Yes, dealing with Eleven is like dealing with an insurance agent. You won't get anywhere.

Just an update. I ended up speaking with Doris through live chat and between her and eleven it was sorted it out.

Reactions: Steelshade

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
What do you get when Vapor Flask and iStick 50 have a baby?
sku_24605_1.jpg

:laugh:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
LOL ... so true :p Waidea actually sent me this for review, along with their 30W over a week ago. I never had an iStick so I can't compare however, I was surprised by how solid this thing feels, not cheapy at all. That is why I wasn't interested in iSticks, not really my style and I assumed it would be just a cheap looking/feeling device.

Was also surprised by the accuracy of the chip too. I will have to wrap it though because the color is orange, not really red.

What do you get when Vapor Flask and iStick 50 have a baby?
sku_24605_1.jpg

:laugh:

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Waiting really ain't no fun! I ordered the Waidea flask on 4/10, along with a couple atomizers and some wire. Never got a shipping email, but the website shows my order as having shipped on 4/16. And there it sits. Somewhere in Shenzhen. Not moving. Apparently it waits for one of the pigeons to return.

Also got in on a group buy for the Black Oak on 4/04. Same thing seems to be occurring, but at least they sent me an email on 4/22. At least I think/hope it was my email. They said on 4/01 they emailed me about a delay.....????? I didn't even order it until 4/04. And then they said on 4/14 they emailed me about having to get a new manufacturer.....wonder what I may eventually get with this one! Never saw that email either. Now they say maybe 5/08.

We'll see what happens. $150. Won't happen again if this is how it works. My most recent order was with Fasttech on 4/13, and it's already in the states.

Reactions: Steelshade

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
The isticks are actually quite solid. And the 50Ws are accurate and comfortable.

Nikki, do you have any additional info on the Vapmod leather one?

That is easier for me believe now that I have the idea 30 & 60W .. I was genuinely surprised by how solid they felt. The little one is really little though ... miniscule :blink: Its well made but I find the finish to be slippery on the tiny 30W.

I should have the Vapmod tomorrow so I will let you know how it is .. I have high hopes for this one so fingers crossed that it will be legit.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I actually like my 50W isticks enough that I have 3 now. They are great for driving, too. With my dry winter skin, they were slippery. Not as bad now. Probably will get the silicon skins for them.

I guess I could always see the appeal, its inexpensive and pocket friendly .. I don't take my devices out of the house much, and when I do they never go beyond my car. But these iStick/iDea types I would feel comfortable walking around with because if I lose it or break it, its not biggie.

Reactions: cindycated

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Nikki, do you have any additional info on the Vapmod leather one?

I received the Vapmod's today .. one is a very passed around and used Demo sample (brown), and a tan one that is properly packaged in factory sealed gift box.

The leather is very deeply embossed, and I was surprised by that as I expected the patterns to be more superficial.

While the stainless steel frame is machined well, it is not finished enough around the edges so they are a little sharp, something that I feel brings it down a bit ... thats the thing with China, they don't go the extra mile to get the extra kudos. If they had smoothed out the edges more that would give it a more expensive feel to match the thick leather.

The Vapmod itself is really 280 grams .. 280.9 to be exactly, so its damn heavy.

Co8hj9bl.jpg

The factory sealed Tan Vapmod is much nicer out of the box, and rightfully so. Again, surprised by the deep embossing on the leather, but kinda of wish that the patterns were flatter. For its price point it is acceptable, especially when compared with other comparable devices. But don't expect to be blown away. The high points are the leather, and it not being a clone.

4ZPo1fI.jpg

The size/dimensions are like the Beyond Vape Solara, with the C frame style of the Zero. The leather makes a nice touch, but the sharp edges reminds you that this is still a Chinese made device ... wished they would have done a little more in terms of finishing this Vapmod because that alone would elevate the entire device.

Compared to the SX Zero and Yosen SX, I don't think you would like/enjoy the Vapmod any less, but the sharp edged frame would remind you that you are not getting any more than those either ... aside from wattage buttons and leather that is. :p

As far as the chip, I don't have any detailed feedback for that at the moment, I need a day or two to really use it ..

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
So the brown one has a better feel to it?

Will wait for info on the chip.

In terms of overall feel they are equal .. the light Tan one is nicer in the sense that is was factory sealed, and unused :p The brown one is a demo sample so its got nicks, dings, and looks like it may be been taken apart at some point .. but that is ok since it was a freebie for me to compare to the factory sealed Tan version. :)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I meant because you said you wished the pattern was flatter on the tan. So I figured maybe the other was more comfortable.

Oh .. no I meant that for both of them actually. And the embossing is not bad or anything, it is quite nice actually .. its just that I think everything would look more harmonious and balanced if the patterns were a little flatter .. I would appreciate the embossing more on a product that is primarily a "leather product", like a purse or a jacket. :)

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread