Focalecig chat...Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

haku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Madrid, Spain
I'll break it down for you later. It's a flavor or cloud chasing. Your preferences depending on the airflow you pick.
thank you, it's not necessary now: following your suggestion (also suggested by Anto, an spanish vaper), i've purchased the samurai.
also got another derringer to be converted to bottom feeder. =)))

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
I'm doing the same when I get a chance. Maybe tomorrow I'll give it a go.

If you find a vendor that has it in stock at a reasonable price, please let me know. Only vendor I could find that has it right now is in Canada and costs $25 USD... more than the cost of the squonk kit. :|

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
If you find a vendor that has it in stock at a reasonable price, please let me know. Only vendor I could find that has it right now is in Canada and costs $25 USD... more than the cost of the squonk kit. :|

Thanks to inswva he showed me this link.

Bottom Feeder Kit for Origen V2/V3-(SS)

I received mines already. Semi installed it on the dripper but have to take the lil ones out for family time.

Looks pretty good on the owl

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
Finally able to squonk a bit. Here is the Owl with Origen rda.

dxpFnYbl.jpg

MTM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
The vamo doesn't count. rules is rules.

I was actually just going through the box andlooking at everything. It all started with the Halo G6.
Was giving away a bunch of the stuff away to my younger brother that came by tonight. Im also sending my old friend some juice and stuff. I can't get anybody to take the vamo tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steelshade

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
My Terminator / Smokeless Owl is due for delivery tomorrow... can't wait...
I think your gonna like it,one word of advice though,i would take another rda and convert it to bf.I got a derringer clone that i notched the positive pin on and it's works fantastic.You can do it with any rda that has a press fit positive pin very easily.

I have ordered cotton and wire from FocalEcig, 3FVape and Fasttech...out of the three, FocalEcig takes the longest to process and receive the package in the USPS mail. 3FVape runs a close last with Fasttech surprisingly enough the shortest time via China post (USPS).

Outside of waiting over 3 weeks for a simple package of cotton & wire from FocalEcig, the items themselves are fine. In fact, I only order cotton, wire and/or drip tips from these foreign vendors (I only trust USA based vendors...call it my bias, so be it, but so far, I never have had an issue with a USA based vendor - of course AngelCigs and FocalEcig have USA based warehouses, but again, I would never purchase a RDA, mech or box mod or a regulated VV/VW from FocalEcig, Fasttech or 3FVape).

Buy at your own risk is my coined phrase (((smiles))).

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I have ordered cotton and wire from FocalEcig, 3FVape and Fasttech...out of the three, FocalEcig takes the longest to process and receive the package in the USPS mail. 3FVape runs a close last with Fasttech surprisingly enough the shortest time via China post (USPS).

Outside of waiting over 3 weeks for a simple package of cotton & wire from FocalEcig, the items themselves are fine. In fact, I only order cotton, wire and/or drip tips from these foreign vendors (I only trust USA based vendors...call it my bias, so be it, but so far, I never have had an issue with a USA based vendor - of course AngelCigs and FocalEcig have USA based warehouses, but again, I would never purchase a RDA, mech or box mod or a regulated VV/VW from FocalEcig, Fasttech or 3FVape).

Buy at your own risk is my coined phrase (((smiles))).
I've bought 2 mods from focal,a vaporflask clone from the china wharehouse and the smokeless owl bottom feeder from the U.S. wharehouse,and no issues at all with either,other than a long wait for the flask because of the chinese new year.I have bought several atties and alot of other stuff from fasttech,and only 1 issue which they resolved really fast,and also ordered from Angelcigs U.S. wharehouse several times with no issues.

Reactions: haku

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
And, it's arrived!

Mini review time...

The packaging is garbage. No presentation box, just a loose assemblage of parts stuffed into a slightly padded manilla envelope. What's included for you $22 to $25 is quite nice, though. There's the Terminator box (with a bottle instalked) that, while cheaply made is still pretty solid, the Owl which is easy to build on, and looks quite nice, a little jig stick thing, a magic blue screwdriver, a set of spare o-rings, a couple of coils and a spare bottle. Nice.

The atty is, as others have observed, is very large and airy. This doesn't bother me. I'm a big guy... the juice coming out the t-post doesn't bother me (yet) as I intend to build with the wick right against the holes. The window is glass instead of clear plastic, and I like seeing inside.

All in all, for less than $30, this is a huge win!
cb259889b867b824e62d3a1bed47ec2c.jpg

Last edited:

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Smokeless Owl squonker arrived about an hour ago, wasn't expecting any fancy packaging for the price. The atty is definitely more geared towards producing clouds over flavor, but still getting good taste with the build I threw in there (0.5Ω, dual 7 wrap twisted 28g & 30g).

Not sure I understand the design choice to put the airhole "fins" placement, blocking the middle portion instead of the outside (closer to the negative posts) like the Hobo... it is what it is. Time to order that Origen bottom feeder pin!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
And, it's arrived!

Mini review time...

The packaging is garbage. No presentation box, just a loose assemblage of parts stuffed into a slightly padded manilla envelope. What's included for you $22 to $25 is quite nice, though. There's the Terminator box (with a bottle instalked) that, while cheaply made is still pretty solid, the Owl which is easy to build on, and looks quite nice, a little jig stick thing, a magic blue screwdriver, a set of spare o-rings, a couple of coils and a spare bottle. Nice.

The atty is, as others have observed, is very large and airy. This doesn't bother me. I'm a big guy... the juice coming out the t-post doesn't bother me (yet) as I intend to build with the wick right against the holes. The window is glass instead of clear plastic, and I like seeing inside.

All in all, for less than $30, this is a huge win!
cb259889b867b824e62d3a1bed47ec2c.jpg

That white one is pretty sharp! Looks less plasticky than the black one, IMO.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
That white one is pretty sharp! Looks less plasticky than the black one, IMO.
If you put a wrap on it,it doesn't look plasticky at all haha.I wrapped mine with 3m di-noc in a carbon fiber pattern,and it even feels like a more expensive mod now.
bfmod_zpsa2c01m1h.jpg

hogheadv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
iowa
My two smokeless owls arrived today. Well actually terminators since they decided to change the name. The reviews I have seen so far are spot on definitely worth the price. The atty is not the greatest, I was having problems with the screws staying tight while building but everything seems ok now. I got a white one and a black one. The white looks like the pictures on here, shiny plastic, but the black does not look like the other pictures I have seen it is more of a matte finish as opposed to shiny. Maybe it is just the pictures but I don't mind it at all it doesn't really have texture but it is not as smooth and shiny as the white so it doesn't feel slippery at all. It's an awesome little cheap bottom feeder. I also feel the pictures made it look bigger than it is, shorter than the sigelei mini and a little wider. It is the same width and slightly shorter that the sx300 enclosure from fasttech that I converted into a bottom feeder.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Size comparison:
322f5e3f2b74f081f2e883f537c59a1e.jpg

As pictured, the iStick 50 with the Taifun GT about half full weighs 9 1/8 ounces. The Terminator/Owl (and mine has the letters OML instead of the word Owl... lol) with an LG HE4 and a full bottle weighs in at 6 3/8 ounces.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
My birthday is coming up so my wife wanted me to drop hints. I strongly hinted at the Dos Equis clone from Focalecig. Anyone got one yet? Any problems or issues? 2 complaints I have heard so far is sometimes too tight for batteries and a shallow 510 so can only use certain atty's. I'm hoping neither of these problems (or any others) come with this version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread