San Francisco, CA

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
You got the special edition :lol:
Haha,that's what i was thinking,then i had to go look at mine to see if i was special too,i'm not haha.Mine is spelled right,but i did get an early edition,it's [HASHTAG]#0203[/HASHTAG] so now i feel special again haha.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
My birthday is coming up so my wife wanted me to drop hints. I strongly hinted at the Dos Equis clone from Focalecig. Anyone got one yet? Any problems or issues? 2 complaints I have heard so far is sometimes too tight for batteries and a shallow 510 so can only use certain atty's. I'm hoping neither of these problems (or any others) come with this version.

Yes I still love mine although I have had some issues. Well only one issue but to me a big issue. I have to take it a part every three to four days to bend, just slightly, the metal bar that the fire button makes contact with so that it touches the contact bar that is connected to the top brass piece. For some reason every few days it won't fire at all, I go in and bend it slightly to the contact bar and works like a a champ. Too much and it will auto fire so easy handed. I still love it though but that is a PITA. Doesn't keep me from using it every day, all day though :) Imy battery compartment was tight for one of my batteries but still fits fine. I just love the size.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Anybody else get in on the Black Oak group buy? I did, but it's not working out. Been 2 months ago, they have one on the site now at twice the price I paid, and they just listed one at half the price. Now I'm scared!

And still no shipping. Think I got screwed?????
You should contact Doris (sales@focalecig.com). I thought @Nikkita6 had mentioned awhile back that that particular GB got cancelled. Maybe they can ship one from the ones they have now. Maybe even ask for the more expensive one, since it's taken so long. :laugh:

I'd say overlooked, but not screwed.

BuddJohnson

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Nanaimo BC
BtGq1BO.jpg

hogheadv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2014
iowa
Having used the owl/terminator for a day now, I was not impressed with the flavor of the included atty. It has been said before that the chamber is to large to be a flavor chaser and for me it muted the flavor way to much. However this morning I tried building on it differently then my normal microcoil with cotton through the coil. I built a normal microcoil but then surrounded the outside of the coil with cotton so it is more like a chimney coil. I feel that this greatly improved the flavor of the included atty. It also allows the airflow to be more inline with pulling air through the coil as opposed to hitting the side of the coil. This is just my observation but the atty is already included in the package so it might be worth trying as opposed to throwing it in a drawer or the trash if you don't like the flavor from the included atty.

iamoldskool

Oct 2, 2014
Toronto
Heads up for you or anyone else who got the Smokeless Owl .. the plastic bottle that comes with it is very "leechy". Everything was fine with my first couple of uses, then I let it sit for a week unused (juice still in bottle), and when I came back to it and put fresh wick in the atty my juice tasted like straight up plastic.

There is also a strong plastic smell out the outside of the device too. So I would not leave juice in the plastic bottle for long periods of time, and I would also recommend attaching a new plastic bottle sourced from Wizard labs or something ... assuming that any 10ml would fit.

To add to this...

Some plastic materials (PVC) contain toxic chemicals that contain certain toxic and carcinogenic chemicals (such as BPA and phthalates), which can leach into the liquid it is used to contain over time.

Plastics marked #3 are PVC plastic, a dangerous chemical sometimes used in plastic squeeze bottles and peanut butter jars. PVC in general is considered a poison among Greenpeace and many environmentalists. In e-juice, these chemicals would presumably leach into the liquid.

LDPE and HDPE plastics do not leach any chemicals into the liquids it contains, is completely recyclable, and can be reused in other plastic products if properly recycled after use. Many Chinese manufacturers offer PE, or alternative types of plastic eliquid bottles in an effort to save costs.

Chemicals in Plastic Bottles, https://www.nrdc.org/health/bpa.pdf
The Different Types Of Plastics And Their Classifications, http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/lib/different-types-of-plastic.htm

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Don't hesitate to email FC with any issue. I noticed that an order I placed in early May (brass Derringer and INAX mod) had been marked as "processing/collecting" for nearly 3 weeks. E-mailed them a request for an update, got a quick response (albeit pre-formatted) and a shipping notice with tracking number less than a day after that.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Did a single coil build with rayon in the smokeless owl. Quite pleased with it. Way lighter than my Reo Grand ;)

Anyone who's undecided about a squonker or looking to try something new or on a budget should get one to try. All the reviews are spot on. Cheap, lots of plastic, not the best RDA (too big for good flavor, doesn't support single coil builds) but a decent, inexpensive starter setup.

This combined with the Chalice that focalecig just offered should be a good flavor setup. I'm waiting on my Chalice to arrive. Even at the non group buy price and combined with the Chalice, its an under $40 squonker.

PS: for those interested. Got bargain open heart surgery right before Xmas. Went in on Dec 19 for a triple bypass came home on Dec 22 from a quadruple one ;) Mostly healed by end of January but have been having issues with the meds to control my heart rate since. Doc kept doing variations on a particular drug that had me groggy and dazed. Finally gave up on that and I've been trying a different med for the last 2 weeks which at least has gotten me out of the haze. Now that I'm working again and spending money again I'll more likely be posting here more.

PPS: What happened to the focalecig subforum over at that other vaping forum?

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Did a single coil build with rayon in the smokeless owl. Quite pleased with it. Way lighter than my Reo Grand ;)

Anyone who's undecided about a squonker or looking to try something new or on a budget should get one to try. All the reviews are spot on. Cheap, lots of plastic, not the best RDA (too big for good flavor, doesn't support single coil builds) but a decent, inexpensive starter setup.

This combined with the Chalice that focalecig just offered should be a good flavor setup. I'm waiting on my Chalice to arrive. Even at the non group buy price and combined with the Chalice, its an under $40 squonker.

PS: for those interested. Got bargain open heart surgery right before Xmas. Went in on Dec 19 for a triple bypass came home on Dec 22 from a quadruple one ;) Mostly healed by end of January but have been having issues with the meds to control my heart rate since. Doc kept doing variations on a particular drug that had me groggy and dazed. Finally gave up on that and I've been trying a different med for the last 2 weeks which at least has gotten me out of the haze. Now that I'm working again and spending money again I'll more likely be posting here more.

PPS: What happened to the focalecig subforum over at that other vaping forum?

Wow you've really been through it @bsoplinger, glad things are getting better for you now.

If you mean the other forum starting with a 'V', then it is still there, just checked.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Really, Nailz? The original subforum that I was watching dropped out of my list and nothing to display when you click them on the vendor list. :unsure:

So bsop, was that like a buy-3-get-one-free deal you got? :laugh: Glad to see that you're up and around again! :)

Oh yea your right, I saw focal listed, but didn't click on it, now see when click on it there is no threads.

Reactions: cindycated
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread