Status
Not open for further replies.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Might be a case of user error, as in squonking it a little too hard.
That's very possible,and was my first thought when i started seeing the complaints about it,but i'm not sure as i have seen alot of people complaining about it.There have been several people here that listed their authentic up for sale after only having them a very short time,one person said they listed it after only 15 minutes haha.I still want one,a clone though,i don't have the money the real ones go for,i figure there should be a way to slide a thin tube in there or take the top off and fill the area at the top with silicone to block any juice from getting to the other side,there has to be a way to solve it

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
You guys know about the Aqua V2 versions that FC carries?

$16.28-$16.77 Aqua V2 Style Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - Silver (of course I missed the sale :laugh: )
$21.37-$21.70 Aqua V2 Style Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - Silver (can't tell if this is the Tobeco clone of a clone or not)
$24.39-$24.99 (Ship from USA)1:1 Aqua V2 by Tobeco (Tobeco clone)

Which one should I get?
I'm in no hurry, just want the best of the 3.

Well, i know the Tbecco is good. Nikki liked it better than her authentic.

The Tobeco is very well made. I never actually used mine since I only bought it to rob parts from it for my authentic. But, the quality of the two was nearly identical.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I have the Tobeco and been really good, so I also vouch for that one.

Just ordered the Kui bottom feeder mod and chalice from focal, I like the smokeless owl, but the Kui seems a bit better, and still a really good price too :)

I hope your Kui is better than the unit Scans Tech sent me to review. That thing was a POS. Heavy, not very well put together, 510 was awful, auto-fired with button tops, and you'll likely want to toss the included atty straight in the trash. I did read, however, that Scans made some key revisions and released a Kui V2. But, I've also heard Scans stopped Kui production awhile ago. So, either they are back in the game or FC bought a bunch of old stock.

I never ended up publishing my review after Scans stopped responding to my questions.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I hope your Kui is better than the unit Scans Tech sent me to review. That thing was a POS. Heavy, not very well put together, 510 was awful, auto-fired with button tops, and you'll likely want to toss the included atty straight in the trash. I did read, however, that Scans made some key revisions and released a Kui V2. But, I've also heard Scans stopped Kui production awhile ago. So, either they are back in the game or FC bought a bunch of old stock.

I never ended up publishing my review after Scans stopped responding to my questions.

I opted for the mod only, added the chalice III for it instead, I'm not sold on bottom feeding yet, so not ready to shell out money on a Reo yet, but probably doesn't help using cheaper gear though.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    I opted for the mod only, added the chalice III for it instead, I'm not sold on bottom feeding yet, so not ready to shell out money on a Reo yet, but probably doesn't help using cheaper gear though.

Good call on going with the mod only. Good luck with it brother, I hope it works out for you.

cindycated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 19, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    I have the Tobeco and been really good, so I also vouch for that one.

Just ordered the Kui bottom feeder mod and chalice from focal, I like the smokeless owl, but the Kui seems a bit better, and still a really good price too :)
    I was looking at that, Nailz. Pretty. Did you get the black or polished one?

Reactions: Nailz

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I was looking at that, Nailz. Pretty. Did you get the black or polished one?

I went for the polished, I normally always go for black, but thought the chalice would look better on the silver, even though they won't still match. Also thought be fun to polish the fingerprints off every 5 minutes :lol:

Froth

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 1, 2014
    Chipotle.
    Anyone else eyeing the triple 18650 mechanical that was just listed? The "Lethal" Box. Triple 18650 parallel mechanical. Looks decently made in pics.

$25.17-$27.99 Lethal Style Mechanical Box Mod - Black

It's in the cart...at $27 I think it's worth a shot. Now I do what I always do and figure out what else I don't need at all but want to order with it...

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 13, 2010
    Capitol District New York
    The Cherry Bomber bottom feeder has a design flaw, or at least shortcoming. If you put an atomizer on it that's larger in diameter than the delrin disc surrounding the 510 connector the only thing preventing a full short is the paint on the body of the mod. As long as you understand too big is dangerous so don't do it you're good. You can see the insulating disc easier on the baby blue one.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

vbreak

Oct 22, 2014
    SoCal
    The Cherry Bomber bottom feeder has a design flaw, or at least shortcoming. If you put an atomizer on it that's larger in diameter than the delrin disc surrounding the 510 connector the only thing preventing a full short is the paint on the body of the mod. As long as you understand too big is dangerous so don't do it you're good. You can see the insulating disc easier on the baby blue one.

I don't own a cherry bomber but I've heard about this problem that they have. Although I don't understand how it will short out, since with a mechanical mod and an atomizer the pin in the 510 is the positive and the case is the negative, how would it short out if the it touches the casing?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread