RDA Foul Taste on Mini Buddha RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
So I have just traded my old Kangertech Dripbox kit for a Mini Buddha rda Gold Edition and I have noticed that whenever I change the cotton there is a really really foul taste similar to taking a dry hit. I have dripped about 2ml's of juice onto the cotton and the coil to hopefully saturate any unsaturated cotton. It has not worked and it has been almost 3 hours. Does anyone know a fix for this?

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
Wash your hands with a good dish soap before you roll a wick, it will take the oil off of your hands.
Don't use cheap cotton; I recommend switching to rayon.
I've run out of cotton and im not going to drive 40 min just to get $5 worth of cotton so I use organic cotton balls and they used to work on my old rda just not this one.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
Possibly machine oil leftover from the manufacturing process.

Strip it down, try giving it a good clean.
This is not a new rda as I traded for it and it was used before. It came pre built and I had changed the cotton before and I had used a cotton ball it took like 20 min to break it in but for some reason it just tastes bad.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
Also curious if this is your first RDA, and if you built the coils yourself. If it's giving you dry hits then you might be driving it too hard.
Not my first RDA. Deck came pre built with some pretty good coils and this is my 3rd time re-wicking it. Im not pushing it above 93 watts so there really shouldn't be a problem. Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet There's the setup I have.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
Hmmm...I have a black Buddha Mini but only ever built it with single wire Kanthal coils. It seemed to work great, but I never tried any clapton wire. I'm going to build some clapton coils and try it again.

Looking at yours it seems like it should work OK. It's a low-ohm build but nothing really unusual.
It just has a really weird taste and I don't know what it is. I even borrowed some of my friends unicorn hair and it still has that same flavour.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
OK, built my Mini with claptons at .3 ohms. Not as low as yours, 5 wraps at 3mm. I wicked it with organic cotton from a cotton ball and it tastes fine.

I usually start low on the wattage and move up in 10-20w increments. so on this build I started at 40w and then went to 60w then to 80w which is really too warm for me, but tried it anyway. It tastes fine, warm, but no dry hits or burning.

I'm not here to tell you how to vape, but 80w is hot by nature (especially with the mass of wire you are using), and too hot for my taste - though I know it's not unusual, just personal preference on my part.

Do you get the same bad taste/dry hit effect when you try a lower wattage?

You might want to try starting lower when your cotton is new and increasing it slowly as the cotton breaks in, and keep your wicks wet. Other than that, I'm out of ideas, sorry.

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
OK, built my Mini with claptons at .3 ohms. Not as low as yours, 5 wraps at 3mm. I wicked it with organic cotton from a cotton ball and it tastes fine.

I usually start low on the wattage and move up in 10-20w increments. so on this build I started at 40w and then went to 60w then to 80w which is really too warm for me, but tried it anyway. It tastes fine, warm, but no dry hits or burning.

I'm not here to tell you how to vape, but 80w is hot by nature (especially with the mass of wire you are using), and too hot for my taste - though I know it's not unusual, just personal preference on my part.

Do you get the same bad taste/dry hit effect when you try a lower wattage?

You might want to try starting lower when your cotton is new and increasing it slowly as the cotton breaks in, and keep your wicks wet. Other than that, I'm out of ideas, sorry.
I usually start at 35w and I go up in 10w increments and no matter what watts it always has that same taste. I like to have a medium warm vape and I have the airflow more than half open. But could the way I clean my coils, could that be the problem? I doubt it is but thank you for trying to help.

Reactions: gpjoe

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I'd be changing the build if it were me. Pop a simple round wire dual coil in there and see how that performs.

That might work. I get the feeling he wanted to use the coil the way he got it, but yeah, I suspect the build is the culprit here. It's the only constant, and the Buddha should perform great regardless.

Reactions: Ben85

StevieRay18

Oct 5, 2016
That might work. I get the feeling he wanted to use the coil the way he got it, but yeah, I suspect the build is the culprit here. It's the only constant, and the Buddha should perform great regardless.
Indeed. The build was the problem. I found some really old coils from my Dripbox and I threw them in and put them at lower watts and it was perfectly fine. Bad coils none to say the less but they work until I get new ones. Thank you everyone for trying to help me through my stubbornness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread