• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

found cheaper place to buy KohGneDo Organic Cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

johentie

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
Hey fellow Canadian Vapers..

so i just started rebuilding and i like how the japanese cotton wicks etc.
I had a hard time finding a place to buy it cause it was sold out..
canvape has it for 22.95..although it's the 80 pad package..but shipping is $10

so i did a little googling and found SEPHORA the make up company sells it online.

it's $13 with like 8 dollar shipping .. arrived in less then 5 days.. these are the 60 pad packages

if you buy 2 packs it's obviously $26 with $8 shipping which is much cheaper! although if u need hardware or what not from canvape and they have the cotton in stock this would be the route to go.

just thought i'd share the info.. now i am all stocked up and vaping on me Lemo Drop waiting for my Youde Goblin

yay 100th post ; >

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
is it better/safer than unbleached muji cotton?

Not really familiar with the Muji, but i assume KGD is generally more popular due to the fact that it is not only unbleached, but also not treated with chemicals/fertilizers AT ALL, during the growing/manufacturing process.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Not really familiar with the Muji, but i assume KGD is generally more popular due to the fact that it is not only unbleached, but also not treated with chemicals/fertilizers AT ALL, during the growing/manufacturing process.

Thanks. Sounds great, like real organic stuff...How does it wick? Any tricks to use?

BTW, shipping from Nordstrom to Canada is another $16. So total is $23 from Sephora vs $33 Nordstrom ... both are 60 pads...

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Thanks. Sounds great, like real organic stuff...How does it wick? Any tricks to use?

It wicks better than anything i've previously used, definitely much better than regular generic cotton ball, only thing that wicks better, as far as ive read, is rayon and i personally won't use that.

How u use it will be personal preference. It has 2 thin, almost woven, outer sheets sandwiching very nice, long strand cotton in the center.

Some people leave on the thin outer sheets, cut a strip and roll a wick, i remove the outer sheets, use the inner part to make my wick, then roll the 2 tiny sheets together to make a flavor wick (using a single coil w/ top flavor wick build in my Veritas's)

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010

BTW, shipping from Nordstrom to Canada is another $16. So total is $23 from Sephora vs $33 Nordstrom ... both are 60 pads...

Yeah, didn't really expect Nordstroms to ship to Canada for free, but worth a shot.

I'm honestly surprised they'll ship it free within the US, the margins already have to be pretty low.

U should enjoy it, judging by how much i've used so far (~2 pads, in couple months, including experimenting), a box of 60 should last a long time.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
A friend uses this and it does have some really good reviews. I love the KGD style cotton myself.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TCD51A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pd_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=G88VJGFAO6B3&coliid=I51EUZ1HLSOF0&psc=1&tag=e04ed-20
JC_link.gif

Good luck to you.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
SHISEIDO ive been told is exactly like kgd.
they are both makeup companys that put their brand name on japanese cotton, just not sure if SHISEIDO is bleached or not.

i just asked SHISEIDO if its organic and if its bleached, waiting for reply.
it be nice since shoppers drug mart normally carries them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread