• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

found cheaper place to buy KohGneDo Organic Cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Thank you for your inquiry and your patience in awaiting us confirming all details regarding your inquiry.

Please note that Shiseido cotton is natural cotton. We have receive confirmation from our research centres that our cotton is bleached, not for colouring purposes, however to remove oils that would affect the performance of the cotton. In doing so, the cotton is able to better perform as a delivery system for softeners and emulsions. This process does not negatively affect the performance or purpose of the cotton fibres.

Regards,
Customer Service
Shiseido (Canada) Inc.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Thank you for your inquiry and your patience in awaiting us confirming all details regarding your inquiry.

Please note that Shiseido cotton is natural cotton. We have receive confirmation from our research centres that our cotton is bleached, not for colouring purposes, however to remove oils that would affect the performance of the cotton. In doing so, the cotton is able to better perform as a delivery system for softeners and emulsions. This process does not negatively affect the performance or purpose of the cotton fibres.

Regards,
Customer Service
Shiseido (Canada) Inc.

So it sounds like the KGD is, in fact, superior to the Shiseido.

Good to know!

Thanks for doing the leg-work!

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines

Regards,
Customer Service
Shiseido (Canada) Inc.

So it sounds like the KGD is, in fact, superior to the Shiseido.

Good to know!

Thanks for doing the leg-work!

yup, they say natural, duh its cotton, but they didnt say organic.

just bought some muji from fasttech for $10, its same as kgd, organic and unbleached.

couldnt get anything for a good price from amazon either .ca or .com to be shipped to canada

fyi: kgd & Shiseido are just makeup companys, they source out their cotton

Last edited:

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
yup, they say natural, duh its cotton, but they didnt say organic.

just bought some muji from fasttech for $10, its same as kgd, organic and unbleached.

couldnt get anything for a good price from amazon either .ca or .com to be shipped to canada

They have stock at the Muji store in GTA, they are $3.00/140.
If you want to buy from eBay, this seller sells direct from Japan and is awesome, super fast, awesome packaging and inexpensive shipping. Pick up two packs and $1.00 off shipping !

Muji

Last edited:

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
If you want to buy from eBay, this seller sells direct from Japan and is awesome, super fast, awesome packaging and inexpensive shipping. Pick up two packs and $1.00 off shipping !

Muji
thks, just cancelled my ft order and ordered from the ebay link, even cheaper by a few $

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
thks, just cancelled my ft order and ordered from the ebay link, even cheaper by a few $

That is more than two packs for the price of one that you get with Fasttech.
When I received the package from that eBay seller, I was so impressed on how it was packaged for such a low value item. It came in a raspberry red PVC envelope and the packs were wrapped with additional foam padding(not that cotton would break !) with folded creased corners like you get with gift wrapping, it definitely had the feminine touch to it ! ...LoL

Last edited:

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Thank you johentie and xtwosm0kesx. Just placed the order.

Quick update.
Ordered March 18 from Sephora, received March 25. Wicks great!

_DSF2629.jpg

_DSF2630.jpg

_DSF2634.jpg

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Do you find it has an off taste? I have some from Shoppers and it has an off taste after using KGD

From those photos, it looks like they are packaged only in a paper box without a plastic bag.
Although they might think it as a selling point that the plastic that comes in contact with the cotton is not organic, open air sources such as perfume and cosmetic fumes can embed itself into the cotton especially if you bought your box from a pharmacy which usually have these shelved near the cosmetics counter.

KGD at $0.50/pad is a bit overpriced IMO.

Last edited:

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Do you find it has an off taste? I have some from Shoppers and it has an off taste after using KGD

I have only tried with Kanger and Delta tanks, no off taste yet. Actually it looks/tastes same as muji. And, as muji, it wicks thicker juice better than my other "no name" white organic cotton. Now I am re-wicking drippers...we'll see...

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
May be, when included. My subohm head came without any cotton wicks. No big deal, will rebuild. Still wondering what kind of wire Kanger is using...

_DSF2673-Edit.jpg

Strange solder joints..

_DSF2673-Edit2.jpg
If talking about rBA then no wick installed.

As for coil the solder joints is to connect non resistance wire(nr) with resistance wire eg. kanthal, normal in prebuilt coils as to not melt insulator which is where the nr wire touches it.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

Kagey K

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Canada
Ł

Muji

I ordered this a few days ago and am excited to get the package. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread