Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
On the negative end it's possible the wrap on the battery could prevent contact and on the positive end the contact on the battery could be recessed enough to not make contact. Can "punch" the FS positive contact to raise it some.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Not arguing with what you say but souldn't it still fail to fire with the bottle out then? With the samsungs it will fire with the bottle out but will not with it in. I would think if it was not making contact it would fail in both cases.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
Not arguing with what you say but souldn't it still fail to fire with the bottle out then? With the samsungs it will fire with the bottle out but will not with it in. I would think if it was not making contact it would fail in both cases.
Bottle may put enough pressure on an area to be the difference

Reactions: Myrany

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Eddie is 100% correct, with mechs there are only 2 questions to ask if it is not firing... are the contact points making contact and are the contact points clean.
yeah I have been dealing with mechs for nearly 4 years. I spent all told about 6 hours trying to figure out how it was not making contact and cleaning and recleaning. LOL

Never dawned on me that one brand of battery would play nicer than another. I was focusing so hard on the contact.

That is what was so frustrating. I really am not an idiot with these things. This thing just pulled a new one on me.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
yeah I have been dealing with mechs for nearly 4 years. I spent all told about 6 hours trying to figure out how it was not making contact and cleaning and recleaning. LOL

Never dawned on me that one brand of battery would play nicer than another. I was focusing so hard on the contact.

That is what was so frustrating. I really am not an idiot with these things. This thing just pulled a new one on me.
Honestly, the best thing you can do and it's safer is mark where the battery makes contact with the positive and take a hammer and a metal punch or nail countersink and create a raised contact point. Safer should your wrap ever tear near the positive contact. Won't have a hard short instantly.

And whatever battery will work....

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Honestly, the best thing you can do and it's safer is mark where the battery makes contact with the positive and take a hammer and a metal punch or nail countersink and create a raised contact point. Safer should your wrap ever tear near the positive contact. Won't have a hard short instantly.

And whatever battery will work....

ok is metal punch or nail countersink what the tool is called? I ask because I am going to have to go buy one. Not a terribly tool heavy household here.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York
ok is metal punch or nail countersink what the tool is called? I ask because I am going to have to go buy one. Not a terribly tool heavy household here.
Yeah, like a 3/32. Don't want a sharp or pointy one. Mark where the positive battery contact makes contact. And from the under side of the contact, center and hammer until you have a raised point.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Yeah, like a 3/32. Don't want a sharp or pointy one. Mark where the positive battery contact makes contact. And from the under side of the contact, center and hammer until you have a raised point.

ok thanks much :)

crunchie812

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2014
Key Largo, FL USA
ok thanks much :)
Don't need to buy an expensive tool. I use a small bolt held with needle nose pliers.
I have a couple batteries that had the positive end slightly pushed in from using them with a Dripbox. They wouldn't work with the FS until I did this.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Lol.
I have one in the cart.

Hate to say it but I like my painted one (black) more than my unpainted one (resin gray). The painted finish feels better and the lid fits much better. Unpainted is creakier, the lid is looser, feels more junky and plasticy. Just don't like it as much. Thinking of making a sturdier box and putting the unpainted ones guts in it.

Not that you asked. ;)

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Hate to say it but I like my painted one (black) more than my unpainted one (resin gray). The painted finish feels better and the lid fits much better. Unpainted is creakier, the lid is looser, feels more junky and plasticy. Just don't like it as much. Thinking of making a sturdier box and putting the unpainted ones guts in it.

Not that you asked. ;)

I have a painted one in the cart that was in stock.
Since it flakes off anyway, I can always repaint it.
:p
Wait...
Am I really just buying a plastic Franken shell?
:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread