Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2015
Virginia Beach
So..... ft just posted these (a week before my bext order is set to arrive) as kit with atty ($18) or mod solo ($14 ) anybody order one yet (3f has em too, for about the same price) cheaper than a coppervape or a creo. And they have the bottles to go with it sold separately ($3/5pack 8.5ml with top and tube)
$18.95 Free Shipping FrankenSkull Styled Mechanical Mod Kit (PC + SS, Black) at m.FastTech.com

Screenshot_2016-12-18-09-21-09.png

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
That's how (I hear) it works on the authentic, too.
I think the authentic spells "skuLL" with both L's on the door though.
:rolleyes:

I have one in a cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. For $14, I'm pretty sure it'll stay there though...

I see it has magnets on the door, but none on the mod.
Wondering if it relies on sticking to the battery?....
Let us know how that works.

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Saint Cloud,MN.
I ordered a black one.Just the mod as I have plenty of squonk attys.Also ordered the five pack of bottles.The mods are suppose to have Frankenskull spelled correctly.Anyone who has or will order one be careful,I'm now hearing that the 510 could be junk and melts it's insulater. Still ordering as it would be easy to put a Fatdaddy 510 and new contacts in it. A staff member on the forums at FT said the contacts are brass.Will see when it gets here next year :p

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I don't believe that it does.
That makes it a no-go for me, then - I already had one "What's that funky smell?" episode with an early mod with no locking capability, and that was enough. Fortunately the only damage was an extremely burnt carto.

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
Mine arrived from Fasttech, the enclosures are well made tough material, It looks as though the contacts are made from stainless steel I think 925 or 935 silver is used on the original. You can order silver sheeting and cut contacts then it will hit like the real thing, but I will be making some copper contacts as I have some copper sheet laying around.
The 510 is not adjustable and your rda bottom feedeing pin will have to be protruding enough to make contact, however it is very easy to swap the 510 for a FDV v4 510.
The included squonk bottles are total crap, they are made from some ....ty rigid plastic which has a strong solvent smell to it, the metal caps however fit perfectly on the 6ml soy sauce bottles that are used for squonking.
I decided to use a kangertech dripbox bottle, just make a hole in the rubber cap and install silicone hose and your good to go.
I have just used some sandpaper on the door to get the distressed look might go further and do edges of the mod itself.

Attachments

• 20170101_181956.jpg
    20170101_181956.jpg
    591 KB · Views: 485

Mr47

Nov 5, 2016
West Yorkshire, UK
20170101_182827.jpg
The firing button is not lockable but needs a bit of force to fire the mod as it is a tight fit with the battery and bottle installed so it will not easily fire in your pocket, bag etc.
You can slide a bit of plastic cut from a phone card or old bank card between the contact and 510 then it will definitely not fire, I used some plastic grommet type surround I had from modding pc's which I used in a mod I made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread