The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Frankenskull clone

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by ThaFuzz, Dec 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ThaFuzz

ThaFuzz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    • Like Like x 3
  2. WickedGene

WickedGene Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2015
    Brunswick, GA USA
    I ordered 2 of them, black and white.
    Fingers crossed, that they are decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  3. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I see it has magnets on the door, but none on the mod.
    Wondering if it relies on sticking to the battery?....
    Let us know how that works.

4. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    That's how (I hear) it works on the authentic, too.
    I think the authentic spells "skuLL" with both L's on the door though.
    :rolleyes:

I have one in a cart, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. For $14, I'm pretty sure it'll stay there though...

• Like Like x 2
  5. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I'm waiting too. It's hard for me to trust anything plastic as more than disposable, but ya' never know. There are exceptions.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  6. WickedGene

WickedGene Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2015
    Brunswick, GA USA
    Well I'll let y'all know when they come in. I don't have my hopes set to high, but every now and then I luck up and find a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
  7. stephenwhat

stephenwhat Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2013
    Saint Cloud,MN.
    I ordered a black one.Just the mod as I have plenty of squonk attys.Also ordered the five pack of bottles.The mods are suppose to have Frankenskull spelled correctly.Anyone who has or will order one be careful,I'm now hearing that the 510 could be junk and melts it's insulater. Still ordering as it would be easy to put a Fatdaddy 510 and new contacts in it. A staff member on the forums at FT said the contacts are brass.Will see when it gets here next year :p

• Like Like x 2
  8. Robbert

Robbert Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2016
    I had to grab a black one.I ordered 5 extra tanks and hopefully w/o cap they might fit my pico squeeze.
    Squeeze tank I haven't been able to find but I only look where there's pico squeeze available.

9. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    Does anyone know if this has a button lock?

10. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    I don't believe that it does.

11. pianoguy

pianoguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 4, 2009
    Apple Valley, MN
    That makes it a no-go for me, then - I already had one "What's that funky smell?" episode with an early mod with no locking capability, and that was enough. Fortunately the only damage was an extremely burnt carto.

• Like Like x 2
  12. muzichead

muzichead Resident Knucklehead Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    Most 3D printed boxes nowadays don't have a locking mechanism. There is no way to make the button to lock. I have seen on a couple FB groups where they sell a shim separately that goes in and acts as a lock though...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Car147

Car147 Full Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Highlands,Scotland
    As above, you can slide a bit of pvc tube by cutting it length ways and sliding onto the contact between fire button and 510, therefore preventing it from firing.

14. ThaFuzz

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Ordered a black one this morning, with spare bottles and some tfv4 parts all for less than $30. Ill let you guys know whats up when it comes in.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ThaFuzz

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Woo, got shipping confirmation this morning. Hopefully the christmas rush is done and they get here fast but im not counting on it. If it sucks i got plans for the parts i can steal from it........ stacked 26650 and a 120ml

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mr47

Mr47 Full Member

Nov 5, 2016
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Mine arrived from Fasttech, the enclosures are well made tough material, It looks as though the contacts are made from stainless steel I think 925 or 935 silver is used on the original. You can order silver sheeting and cut contacts then it will hit like the real thing, but I will be making some copper contacts as I have some copper sheet laying around.
    The 510 is not adjustable and your rda bottom feedeing pin will have to be protruding enough to make contact, however it is very easy to swap the 510 for a FDV v4 510.
    The included squonk bottles are total crap, they are made from some ....ty rigid plastic which has a strong solvent smell to it, the metal caps however fit perfectly on the 6ml soy sauce bottles that are used for squonking.
    I decided to use a kangertech dripbox bottle, just make a hole in the rubber cap and install silicone hose and your good to go.
    I have just used some sandpaper on the door to get the distressed look might go further and do edges of the mod itself.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mr47

Mr47 Full Member

Nov 5, 2016
    West Yorkshire, UK
    20170101_182827.jpg The firing button is not lockable but needs a bit of force to fire the mod as it is a tight fit with the battery and bottle installed so it will not easily fire in your pocket, bag etc.
    You can slide a bit of plastic cut from a phone card or old bank card between the contact and 510 then it will definitely not fire, I used some plastic grommet type surround I had from modding pc's which I used in a mod I made.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Mostly_Harmless

Mostly_Harmless Full Member Verified Member

Dec 25, 2016
    US
    I've got one on the way and waiting impatiently for a shipping update! It'll be my first squonker and hoping it'll do as a starter.

19. Mr47

Mr47 Full Member

Nov 5, 2016
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Trying to get that distressed old and used look

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr47

Mr47 Full Member

Nov 5, 2016
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Replaced the bottle with 6ml soy sauce bottle used the metal cap and hose from the bottle that came with the mod, the firing button is much easier to press now and the squonking action is awesome. 20170102_162604.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.