Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is an update regarding the black pain chipping/flaking off the door. Other than that, its holding up as well as can be expected. I've cleaned the contact with rubbing alcohol a couple of times, and it still hits pretty good. I did get a 6 pack of the replacement bottles from fasttech, but they are just as hard as the one that came with it.
R3yTRCp.jpg

Is the mod Body Smooth underneath the Colour Coating?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
yeah, it feels like a smooth white plastic.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's kinda what I thought. And that might Answer part of Train2's question.

Because in Plastic Injection Molding, you can get much higher Cycle Times if the Die Set cavities/cores are polished dead smooth. Verses a Cavity Surface that is Rough/Textured.

Also, Textured 90 Degree Walls don't like to Eject very well.

They can also just 1 color run and since they will be Colour Coated, it doesn't matter what colour the Plastic is.

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2015
Brunswick, GA USA
I picked up 2, awhile back and gutted both. Finally finished them both. The black one I sanded(distressed) a little and the gray one I sanded and painted then distressed it too. Replaced contacts with copper, fdv 510, and new bottles. Nice little beater squonk [emoji16]
f7601f3a7ba9a9c85233207ad366f1fc.jpg
d38bb89ef3ae7fb70d100e849b71e06a.jpg
c19ac6ef22b6b0851a6ea97b9dec9489.jpg
3a4bccc2e3674813b130867394de00d2.jpg
77aeec72a8f64400d6493ae353f5542a.jpg
37ea189c02df8a631133ea38f7db896f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I picked up 2, awhile back and gutted both. Finally finished them both. The black one I sanded(distressed) a little and the gray one I sanded and painted then distressed it too. Replaced contacts with copper, fdv 510, and new bottles. Nice little beater squonk
    emoji16.png
    f7601f3a7ba9a9c85233207ad366f1fc.jpg
    d38bb89ef3ae7fb70d100e849b71e06a.jpg
    c19ac6ef22b6b0851a6ea97b9dec9489.jpg
    3a4bccc2e3674813b130867394de00d2.jpg
    77aeec72a8f64400d6493ae353f5542a.jpg
    37ea189c02df8a631133ea38f7db896f.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Interesting - it says they "accordian" and could squonk from the bottom. So I'd guess so.
    Dont know the dimensions - or what the top looks like without that kit's fancy top that has a metal tube coming out - for which there isn't room in a lot of the mini-squonkers we're seeking a bottle for. Still - interesting!!

I'm going to order 510 from fdv.
    I'm very curious if the bottles from fat daddy will fit.
    It looks like fdv bottles have adjustable height like a hospital straw or accordion.
    Does anyone know if fdv bottles in the premium kit have adjustable height?

stephenwhat

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2013
    Saint Cloud,MN.
    I'm going to order 510 from fdv.
    I'm very curious if the bottles from fat daddy will fit.
    It looks like fdv bottles have adjustable height like a hospital straw or accordion.
    Does anyone know if fdv bottles in the premium kit have adjustable height?
    The fat daddy bottles won't fit.They are the same size as an 18650 battery and the size is not adjustable.And good luck getting anything from them.Alot of people,myself included,have not received their orders,and they are not responding to any messages or emails!

crunchie812

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 15, 2014
    Key Largo, FL USA
    I've had the FakeSkull for about a week. Had to put a nylon washer under the head of the feeder screw to get it to make contact with my Stumpy. Couldn't get it to feed worth a crap, and the tube came off the feeder screw when I took the bottle out to fill it. I put a little cable tie on it, and it not only keeps the tube on but it squonks OK. Seems it was leaking air out the connection instead of pushing liquid up. Definitely could use a softer bottle though.
    Update: I put an Italian SuperSoft 8.5ml bottle on it and it squonks beautifully. Due to the small size of the feeder screw I thought it would leak, but to my surprise, it doesn't. I just pull the tube and all right off to fill it and it slides right back on like it was meant to work that way.

I tend to keep one atty on a mod, so the 510 is no problem, just a simple washer and I'm done. It's mated to a Derringer with a POM top and tip now, short and featherlight. I'm not a fan of the square box, side squonk set up, but the thing is so small and light that it more than makes up for that. Whatever that "Chinesium" is, the conductivity is good enough that I can run a battery down further than on my Coppervapes and still get a good hit. Yeah, silver would be better, but not worth the effort to me.

The only thing I really dislike is the silly punk skull design. If I ever have problems with it flaking, I might sand and Bondo that crap off. I'm really don't like cloners stealing the artwork, except for the Cherry Bomber, in which case it's kind of hilarious.

yamyam91

Feb 8, 2017
    Hi

Looking at buying one of these from 3F or FT

I think this is the first place I have found where people are actually reviewing the mod in English!

I know the mod is priced as cheap but really is it safe and does it work straight out of the box, would you buy again?

What is the best shipping option from 3F to the UK?

Any help would be appreciated.

WickedGene

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 21, 2015
    Brunswick, GA USA
    Hi

I think this is the first place I have found where people are actually reviewing the mod in English!

I know the mod is priced as cheap but really is it safe and does it work straight out of the box, would you buy again?

The main issue with this little guy right out the box is the bottle. There are a few fixes for this posted here in this thread. I gutted the whole thing because I like to tinker. I used the little square bottles and liked the way they fit and worked. If your in the UK I think you can get them from modmakers. com. The rest off the issues I had were purely preference for me.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    Hi

Will this be your first mech?

FDA BOC

Reactions: zoiDman

yamyam91

Feb 8, 2017
    Will this be your first mech?

FDA BOC

I have has mechs before and understand battery safety.

If you want a sqounker that works good with no modifications a pico squeeze is hard to beat.
    It has a few limitations and extra bottles are hard to find but it works great out of box.
    If you get a frankenskull plan on doing some modifications.

I understand the bottle needs changing straight away, but other than that does anything else need changing? what i'm trying to say is if i was to pull this straight from the box, replace the bottle would this be safe to use without ripping out the internals and swapping out the 510?

Reactions: EddieAdams

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    I have has mechs before and understand battery safety.

I understand the bottle needs changing straight away, but other than that does anything else need changing? what i'm trying to say is if i was to pull this straight from the box, replace the bottle would this be safe to use without ripping out the internals and swapping out the 510?
    Bottle needs replacing. I suggest the Soft Italian Bottles available at reomods. $6 a piece, 8.5ml, fit perfect though.

And the 510 isn't adjustable and deep. Limits atty's that will work on the mod. I made mine adjustable or you can replace with a varitube or fdv 510.

FDA BOC

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread