G-Tank-US-CO-OP Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
I am wondering if assembly then is just installing the screws and those spacers in and that's it or if it requires anything special or some other special skill or tool?

I know instructions will be posted during the waiting phase after we order and pay, but if that's basically all there is to it I am debating to just get mine non-assembled to help Dan out as I know a lot of people want them assembled. I also wonder if people are made aware if it is just that simple, if that might cut down on the assembly requests, unless of course Dan wants to assemble them as I don't want to mess up anything up for him? I know there isn't any soldering and while I am not really mechanically or modding skilled, I can assemble or put together regular things like screws and such but let's just say I wasn't even going to attempt a Scubagen as I am just now learning about soldering and that's why I opted for assembly initially.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I am wondering if assembly then is just installing the screws and those spacers in and that's it or if it requires anything special or some other special skill or tool?

I know instructions will be posted during the waiting phase after we order and pay, but if that's basically all there is to it I am debating to just get mine non-assembled to help Dan out as I know a lot of people want them assembled. I also wonder if people are made aware if it is just that simple, if that might cut down on the assembly requests, unless of course Dan wants to assemble them as I don't want to mess up anything up for him? I know there isn't any soldering and while I am not really mechanically or modding skilled, I can assemble or put together regular things like screws and such but let's just say I wasn't even going to attempt a Scubagen as I am just now learning about soldering and that's why I opted for assembly initially.

What is everyone's thoughts?

Thanks for any input.

The only PITA factor is the 0-80 ezloc insert. It must be pressed into a .096" hole at a depth of .125" Then the 6-32 nylon screw must be center drilled with a 1/32" drill bit, and glued/screwed into place and cut at the proper height. The rest is easy, glue the PTFE tubing in, glue the nylon wahser in place and insert the nylon spacer over the ceter pin and assemble. The .5" 0-80 screw must line up with the floating brass 0-80 tapped hole and screwed into place. Other than that a breeze LOL
Dan

kcos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Rochester, NY
mawnco.com
The only PITA factor is the 0-80 ezloc insert. It must be pressed into a .096" hole at a depth of .125" Then the 6-32 nylon screw must be center drilled with a 1/32" drill bit, and glued/screwed into place and cut at the proper height. The rest is easy, glue the PTFE tubing in, glue the nylon wahser in place and insert the nylon spacer over the ceter pin and assemble. The .5" 0-80 screw must line up with the floating brass 0-80 tapped hole and screwed into place. Other than that a breeze LOL
Dan

Thank God for pre-assembly And you of course Dan LOL

urquidezj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2010
Tucson AZ
Dan

A breeze lol. Just make sure all of you are spinning the lathe fast when drilling the 1/32 hole. Haha

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Dan

Thanks sooo much for the extra information Dan and this takes care of it for me, I'll stick with getting mine pre-assembled by an expert, don't want to get something and have the chance of messing it up:)

Thank God for pre-assembly And you of course Dan LOL

EXACTLY and couldn't agree more :)

ainako

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2008
Southern California
Dan

What if all that sounds like a PITA to me :/

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

johnlacie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
-
Dan

Yikes I may not be up to the task, would you recommend a drill press for making the holes? Some diagrams/illustrations would be nice as I do not want mine assembled. Thanks a bunch in advance Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread